The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Not a great fight with Anderson and Adesanya. Not sure Izzy has anything for the top MW's. Lame he's likely getting a shot after beating a #15 ranked guy.

That was such a weird fight lol. Honestly can’t tell if Israel was holding back from knocking him out of respect and having fun or if Silva’s old tricks had him on edge

I think Anderson went the distance with Izzy the same way he went the distance with Cormier, that was kind of a sparring session. I think Israel coulda went harder, but Anderson is still very crafty though, I'll give him that much.

Not mad at that fight, that was entertaining. Also glad Anderson didn't get knocked cold. Hope Anderson retires soon. Maybe one more in Brazil, but that's it.

something special will be missing from the game when anderson retires

Hasn't been anything like him since his fall off. So many dope memories. Ah well :smh:

Feels like Izzy could’ve ended that fight whenever he chose to but I believe he had much more respect for Anderson in fight than he said he would all fight week.

Dude had ZERO respect for Brunson and we see how that turned out.

Israel said himself people can think or say what they want but when you’re in the cage with someone you idolized when you were impressionable it’s different

ESPN coverage is trash and I still wish FOX had the rights.

It’s like they don’t even care. Pre fight and post fight shows were great on FOX. Feels like ESPN just purchased the rights just to sit on it.

Man I was reading around how people are disappointed in Stylebender not knocking out the 43 year old man or doesn’t have what it takes to fight the top 5. Casuals don’t realize that stylebender fought Anderson’s game and won. That is one of the biggest victories you can obtain fighting Silva. Also, Andy looked phenomenal out there because he was fighting his fight, just straight up technical striking. Unfortunately, stylebender is the younger, sharper guy and this is the passing of the torch.

Styles make fights, and this fight itself was a very entertaining one. I put it up there with shogun vs machida 1, and that was a masterful display of mma. This was a high level mma striking fight. Would love to see them run it back, if only the spider wasn’t aging :frown:.

Dudes are sleeping on that performance by Israel.

And given the circumstances Anderson did awesome. He put on a show the best he could against a younger version of himself.

I was especially impressed by the durability. I thought that had left him but he ate some shots like vintage Spider.

So Israel had ulcers in his throat all week and was on antibiotics. Didn’t tell anyone but his coaches.

Good fight and felt like the torch was passed:pimp:

stylebender with the mercy win over silva....

he was definitely holding back, but this wasn't a normal, climb the rankings, #1 contender fight....this was something special, like alot of yall said this was a passing of the torch fight...shades of MJ's last all star game...

Not sure if anderson was playing mind games with izzy leading up to the fight insinuating this would be his last, but damn he looked good.

Man how good did STYLEBENDER look though, dood looked like a street fighter character in here, just drippin with confidence.....the feints, the footwork, dood something else.

I didnt really like the fight when it was announced, but I think Israel carried anderson and really put on a show.

silva had nothing for israel. it was a glorified sparring session with someone you looked up to. never showed a sense of urgency to finish silva

still an impressive performance

silva had nothing for israel. it was a glorified sparring session with someone you looked up to. never showed a sense of urgency to finish silva

still an impressive performance
Exactly. Almost like they agreed to not do anything more than slap box too :lol:

Agreed, rewatching the highlights and letting it digest, Isreal rarely had bad intentions or went for the kill. He threw out some flashy but wild head kicks that would have ended it but nothing like you've seen in his previous fights. He didn't seem to be targeting anything exactly, so I agree with the sparring theme. When Silva ate his punches Isreal really could have done damage but chose to holster his kill shots. He also pulled punches and kicks all fight long, mostly that question mark kick

At least Silva did his famous rush attack a few times and threw that flying knee but even then he seemed content with sparring

Paulo out there talking reckless with a win over Uriah Hall has his claim to fame... Lets see if he can handle Yoel... Wiedman with 4 KO losses lately has no right to use the word overrated

Back
Top Bottom