The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Dey don’t tink like he tinks.

Second highest Vegas gate and probably 1.5mill ppv buys easy whew

I wouldn't say Conor made Nate a star or vice versa.

Conor has mainstream international appeal because he's white, Irish and obnoxious. Diaz didn't do that.

Nate (and Nick) have both been household names in MMA circles for well over a decade, and are probably much more respected than Conor. Conor didn't cause that.

Nate may be more well known to the casual fan because of those fights, but I wouldn't say it catapulted him to being a "star" in the same way Conor is a star.

Guys like Nate and Breedgame aren’t stars, they are needlemovers (whatever the hell that means)

Last edited:
Nate went from making 20k/20k to making millions but Conor didn't make him a star...?

:lol:

Complete ignorance bro.

Nate Diaz has always been well respected in fighting circles because of his brother and because he can eat punches but dude is 21-12, turns 35 in a couple months and had two fights on PPV in his career before Masvidal...both with Conor. He legit went from 400k followers on IG before he took that fight with Conor last second to 4.4 million followers currently. If you don’t think Conor is responsible for a lot of that dude’s current money he’s made since 2016 then you are a ******* idiot. It being “red panty night” when McGregor chooses you as his opponent is a real thing.

Last edited:
Cowboy cant make more than 500k in base salary lol. 3 million plus points for Connor. Haha dude exaggerates his purses and net worth so damn much. I saw a plugged in guy on Twitter do a breakdown and speculate that Connor didnt make 30 mill for the Floyd fight (28 something, about 100 for Floyd not 250) and he has yet to make 20 mill combined from the UFC all payouts (somewhere between 15 and 20Ms)

So basically the guy has made about half what he claimed hed make for this fight in his entire career thus far.

Don’t think grasso gets cut but she’s definitely getting gastelumed and forced to move up a division.

This. I think UFC is severely underestimating how much his star has dimmed in 3 years. The Q rating is stupid but it's not all rubbish. Globally he was a consensus out of the top 50 most marketable athletes for 2019. That ain't great.

Complete ignorance bro.

Nate Diaz has always been well respected in fighting circles because of his brother and because he can eat punches but dude is 21-12, turns 35 in a couple months and had two fights on PPV in his career before Masvidal...both with Conor. He legit went from 400k followers on IG before he took that fight with Conor last second to 4.4 million followers currently. If you don’t think Conor is responsible for a lot of that dude’s current money he’s made since 2016 then you are a ****ing idiot. It being “red panty night” when McGregor chooses you as his opponent is a real thing.

You just loud and wrong. McGregor never chose Diaz as an opponent. Nate Diaz putting Conor McGregor to sleep is what got him a following.

You just loud and wrong. McGregor never chose Diaz as an opponent. Nate Diaz putting Conor McGregor to sleep is what got him a following.

You think at that time where McGregor was probably a top 5 most marketable athlete on the planet that they didn’t let Conor approve of who the replacement he was fighting was going to be? And you say him putting Conor to sleep is what got him a following....yes, putting CONOR to sleep...anybody else and Diaz would still be the equivalent of a journeyman in UFC where he’s respected and stays around for a while but never gets the big PPV fights.

And even after Conor’s legal issues messing with people’s perception of him he still remains probably a top 10 most marketable and most famous athlete on the planet.

I understand, you dudes that are in here on the regular just straight up don’t like the dude anymore :lol: but he is still THE face of the UFC and just as famous as he’s ever been.

The last line flatly isn't true, by any number of metric.

But I agree with the rest of what you said. Conor definately put Nate over. Not vice versa and it wouldn't have happened any other way. Who cares tho, the results are the results. The Diaz bros starting to look hella weak in my eyes tho with all the yapping. Gotta hold this L and keep it moving. Either Nick comes back or he doesnt but they gotta b low, getting real annoying.

You think at that time where McGregor was probably a top 5 most marketable athlete on the planet that they didn’t let Conor approve of who the replacement he was fighting was going to be? And you say him putting Conor to sleep is what got him a following....yes, putting CONOR to sleep...anybody else and Diaz would still be the equivalent of a journeyman in UFC where he’s respected and stays around for a while but never gets the big PPV fights.

And even after Conor’s legal issues messing with people’s perception of him he still remains probably a top 10 most marketable and most famous athlete on the planet.

I understand, you dudes that are in here on the regular just straight up don’t like the dude anymore :lol: but he is still THE face of the UFC and just as famous as he’s ever been.
Damn man, why you still arguing :lol: you ready to die on this hill

Idk if my mom knows “The Irish guy who attacked the bus” and can’t name another MMA fighter... he might still be the face

Cowboy cant make more than 500k in base salary lol. 3 million plus points for Connor. Haha dude exaggerates his purses and net worth so damn much. I saw a plugged in guy on Twitter do a breakdown and speculate that Connor didnt make 30 mill for the Floyd fight (28 something, about 100 for Floyd not 250) and he has yet to make 20 mill combined from the UFC all payouts (somewhere between 15 and 20Ms)

So basically the guy has made about half what he claimed hed make for this fight in his entire career thus far.
Are you including his endorsements?

Reebok, proper 12 etc
44C159CB-8FF0-4860-AC3A-88B250A296A0.jpeg

D278FBE8-DE60-4D78-90DC-051AA2EABE30.jpeg

Last edited:
Didnt even think about getting access to all the 30 for 30 docs with ESPN+ 🔥🔥🔥 ... Finally caved and made the purchase for tonight's fight ...

I know someone that grew up in McGregor's town and they've even bumped into him a couple of times when she goes back home on vacation.

She says that McGregor is actually a nice dude and is just putting on a show most of the time.

I've always speculated this and I can't knock the dude for being a marketing genius.

Back
Top Bottom