The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I listened to that Submission Radio interview.

It’s not that I disagree it’s him. It’s just that I haven’t seen it.

Looking forward to that scrap. I watched that Charles Oliviera movie I posted. He really has overcome a lot of hurdles in his life.

This is either Islam’s coronation. Or Charles gets LW GOATness.

We can all see the obvious strengths in Islam's game and I don't think anyone would be surprised if he did beat Charles next month. However, his resume' is nowhere near Charles' yet. Get a few wins over some more top 5-10 guys and I'll start to believe but yea Mendez is capin hard.

I like Javier.

And if Islam wins, that’s a good look for his gym.

And as the champ in the UFC, can’t duck. The machine sends killers your way. So we’ll see.

Islam is still riding a 10-fight win streak. Probably the clearest opponent for Charles.

In hindsight, was Hooker a top five opponent?

My man been eating a lot of Ls. And Bobby Green can’t be counted as a lick for Islam. Again, as a possible second coming of Dagestani wrestling, I got respect for Islam. And he has a good shot of beating Charles.

But…Charles been beating a who’s who at LW/FW.

In hindsight, was Hooker a top five opponent?

My man been eating a lot of Ls. And Bobby Green can’t be counted as a lick for Islam. Again, as a possible second coming of Dagestani wrestling, I got respect for Islam. And he has a good shot of beating Charles.

But…Charles been beating a who’s who at LW/FW.
Javier Mendez just a shameless self promoter of all things AKA.

The hype job they’ve done for Islam is actually really really weird

I don’t feel like they did anything close to this for khabibs rise

I don’t know why they feel the need to say Islam is going to do this this and that every other day. And now they’re calling him the goat?

So random that they’re rushing to crown him

I don’t get that at all

They must be 100% confident because they don’t do the same thing for umar or usman and they’re on their way to being champs too

They want the $$$?

It also brings students and opportunities to AKA and Khabib.

I wonder if Zuckerberg is one of Javier’s students. Secretly, Khabib and Javier want to use Zuck to buy the UFC and become the only game in town. That was a conspiracy theory. The reality is AKA hasn’t had much success outside of Islam. Long gone are the days when Khabib, DC, and Luke had titles.

I don’t know how that gets them money or students. Maybe Twitter or IG attention? I doubt that too though

By proclaiming all these things, that doesn’t guarantee anything tangible

They are wasting no time getting Bo back out there for his UFC debut. He is fighting Pickett who lost 4 of his 6 UFC fights so definitely trying to build up Bo first.

Reactions: OTG
I don’t know how that gets them money or students. Maybe Twitter or IG attention? I doubt that too though

By proclaiming all these things, that doesn’t guarantee anything tangible
I was messing around with the conspiracy theories. I doubt Javier wants to franchise Cobra Kai.

Just seems like chest beating and clout chasing. Hopefully, he doesn’t have to eat his words after.

Can't really blame Islam for not fighting any of the top contenders on his way to the title. Most them guys turned him down. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Islam runs through Olivera and defends multiple times.

Beniel was the only guy who was ranked inside the top5 at the time that took the fight.

Like I've been saying, my biggest gripe with 155 is that the top guys who've been there for a while, sit on there spots and only fight each other. Hopefully the winner of Dariush/Gamrot gets next title shot over the winner of Porier/Chandler.

Gaetjhe need to stop bs'n and fight Fiziev. Man's probably gon wait for Porier/Chandler winner :smh:

Still the premier division though.

Back
Top Bottom