The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Actually excited for tonight's main event. Doubt it happens but I hope DDP drags a war out of Strickland. Had Strickland winning but man's been an emotional wreck for the last month. I think DDP runs right through him within 3.

We will see if Strickland is a one hit wonder

I give him his respect for the izzy win but I need to see him perform well again to buy in

Ddp has proved a lot already. He’s very well rounded and improved his apparent weaknesses fight to fight

On paper ddp should win. He has better skills, durable and more power and is in his prime

In reality he seems like he has that future champs trajectory. With his unwavering focus he has that aura

Actually excited for tonight's main event. Doubt it happens but I hope DDP drags a war out of Strickland. Had Strickland winning but man's been an emotional wreck for the last month. I think DDP runs right through him within 3.

DDP runs right thru him and I’ll be impressed

The rest of the card is trash unfortunately

Allen vs movsar is awesome but it could be a boring fight

I’m sure they’ll try to push mallot that’s fine. Let’s see if he can use the home crowd and start a wave

DDP going to be a three organization champ?

Or can Strickland shake the Drake bet curse lol?

I won’t be able to watch the card but I’ll be sure to catch up to the thread and see if we can get some Davey insight.

I think the biggest question mark is with DDP…we pretty much know what Strickland is going to bring. He is fairly consistent. I know DDP ran through Whittaker but I wouldn’t put the Whittaker win anywhere near Strickland’s Adesanya win. Def don’t think DDP finishes him but a decision is a possibility. If I were betting, I would put money on Strickland by decision though.

Besides the Tavares fight…Dricus has been just bleed, die by the sword. Man held titles in South Africa of oppressor, he went to Europe, won titles and fought a Robocop.

The question is who is going to be in championship form. More often than not DDP has been who the odd makers have labeled him as. We’ve seen the up and downs of Sean which is why Vince asked if he was a one hit record. The guy who got KO’d by Alex P? The guy who lost that close fight to Cannonier? Or the guy who Any Given Sunday’s Izzy?

I think the biggest question mark is with DDP…we pretty much know what Strickland is going to bring. He is fairly consistent. I know DDP ran through Whittaker but I wouldn’t put the Whittaker win anywhere near Strickland’s Adesanya win. Def don’t think DDP finishes him but a decision is a possibility. If I were betting, I would put money on Strickland by decision though.
I’d say it’s in the same realm as the izzy win

Ddp showed a killer instinct and more methodical approach than his past finishes

Strickland dictated the pace and range. Got a knockdown. Controlled the terms. Fair play to him

Was i like omg Strickland can destroy everyone and do this to everyone in the division. I mean, not really no

Izzy was gun shy after the knockdown. Do I think chimaev, ddp, ikram etc would tuck their tail like izzy did? No, simply because those 3 and others are way more hungry

Hell, I’d favor izzy in a rematch vs Strickland

But hey, if Strickland gets the w, he will leave no doubt

The x-factor tonight is the grappling imo.

I know that Strickland is supposed to have an underrated BJJ game, but how good is he off of his back? How good is his defensive wrestling?

How solid are DDP’s takedowns?

I don’t really know either guy well enough to say.

But I expect DDP to get pieced up on the feet.

Does he have a plan B on the ground?

…that could determine the winner.

Predicting a round 2 or 3 knockout by ddp

Surprised more people aren’t talking about it

But this is the real banger tonight aside from the main event
IMG_2555.png

DDP ain’t dumb he taking Sean down and tapping him.
I do respect the Philly shell and very technical boxing Sean uses.

Rob Whitaker can put himself into situations where he can get hit. But I respect DDP’s power and pressure. Technically, Izzy is better. So is Sean. But with all his tools I give the edge to DDP.

Sidey and Tavares is a good scrap.

Woodson sucks. Hearing his coach telling him “you’re killing him“ while never hurting Jourdain a single time.

For a guy that is so long with such “great” boxing he is so boring to watch.

Back
Top Bottom