The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

People already starting to talk about Khabib being the greatest LW of all the time tho.

If Conor beats him, he would’ve defeated one of the best LWs, the greatest FW ever, household names in Diaz and Alvarez. They’ll also say oh he beat Diamond and Holloway even tho it was early in their careers. Plus he was the first two division champ. I can see an argument for him being the GOAT if he KOs khabib

I feel like if you're a tattoo artist and someone comes in asking for a Nazi tattoo, you're obliged to tattoo a penis onto him instead

Why does Conor have to beat Khabib to be considered amongst the GOAT?

WTF has Khabib beat?

Post USADA undersized RDA?
Barboza?
Michael Johnson?

His belt ain't even legit. Mans fought a part-time real estate agent to become champ.

75% of his of his fight record are russian unknowns. Dude could jave been fighting homeless people for all we know.
So what you're saying is, even if he beats Khabib he ain't no GOAT?

I'm regards to GOAT, JBJ ...

If Fedor retired after Pride shut down, would he still be top 2-3 on people’s goat lists?

I used to be a huge JBJ and Spider fan, but they're cheaters.
Cheaters in professional sport :rofl: not cheating if everyone’s on it. And they should be. If my livelihood is dependent on my ability to perform and I know other people are using, I’m for sure jumping on whatever puts me on a level playing field too

There’s so many different angles and personal biases when it comes to GOAT talk.

Steroids
Weight divisions
Championships
Strength of schedule
Record

It’s tough to compare and we all value fighters a bit different.

Some don’t care about steroids so it’s easy to pick Jon Jones. Some guys are old school and think Fedors long winning streak makes him the one. Mighty Mouse (pre loss to Cejudo) is up there with 11 title defenses. McGregor gets thrown in the mix with 2 titles in different divisions and wins in 3 classes. Then you got DC, 2 way champ only losses to JBJ who’s popped for PEDs.

How do value someone like Aldo who went undefeated for almost 9 years and beat the best of the best but at 25-1 loses to McGregor then drops a couple to Holloway.

MMA is a fickle beast, you can be looked at as one of the best to ever do it and have it erased from peoples mind just from one loss.

I used to be a huge JBJ and Spider fan, but they're cheaters.

Lol, they're just the ones that got caught

Word. So many fighters that never had to face the scrutiny of USADA. And as much as I love Pride everybody knows their drug testing was flimsy.

And Anderson fought in a steroid era/division. Fought and beat a juiced up Chael, juiced up Hendo, juiced up Marquardt, juiced up Vitor, juiced up James Irvin, juiced up Stephan Bonnar, and those are only the ones we know have been caught.

Whether he was using or not his whole career (which you can't really prove because he never popped before the Diaz fight, and that was after attempting to come back from a crazy injury), damn near all of his toughest opponents were on it. You can't penalize him and not everybody else, damn near have to throw the whole era out if we're eliminating people for roids.

If Fedor retired after Pride shut down, would he still be top 2-3 on people’s goat lists?

Hard to unsee him getting knocked out by a Hendo that could comfortably make 185 lbs. And almost stopped by Fabio Maldonaldo :smh:. Regardless, I still think he's top 5 or 6 but those last couple years were pretty damn bad

Lol Michael Johnson is better than anyone Conor has faced
:wow: c’mon fam :lol: Aldo, Alvarez? Nate isn’t better than Michael Johnson?

There’s no in between with Conor people are either riding super hard for him calling him the goat or you have people saying he’s trash.

michael johnson is a garbage human. trash talking is one thing but accusing your opponent’s mom of incest is something else. gaethje should’ve crushed his head like the mountain did to prince oberyn.

michael johnson is a garbage human. trash talking is one thing but accusing your opponent’s mom of incest is something else. gaethje should’ve crushed his head like the mountain did to prince oberyn.
Gaethje does look inbred tho... *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom