The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

there's currently no interim champions and it should stay that way

interim championships should be for when champions are unable to defend, not because some people want to protect their brand

would be really surprised if Conor came back for that fight with cowboy. Just dont see Conor coming back unless its a MEGA fight and payday

Khabib is only suspended in Vegas right? Why not have him defend against tony? A dude on reddit said khabib mentioned a interim fight with tony and Dustin. ****ing shame man

Khabib is only suspended in Vegas right? Why not have him defend against tony? A dude on reddit said khabib mentioned a interim fight with tony and Dustin. ****ing shame man
Other commissions will follow Nevada's ruling. He should definitely defend against Tony, I even think Dana would want this and put Conor in another matchup

would be really surprised if Conor came back for that fight with cowboy. Just dont see Conor coming back unless its a MEGA fight and payday
You thinking along the lines of Anderson, GSP or Nate?

I think Conor could be wrangled back for a fight with someone other than those, but I agree it would need to be a big deal

Max or Cowboy are realistic options imo at whatever weight

How did it go to the floor tho?? They start standing up.

There's a short clip from Twitter post in the previous page, if you pause and slowly drag the video play on the bar, you could see that initial punch did not land, and Cejudo simply held him from standing up afterward. And the first knock down was a push prior to all that which isn't shown. Mind me, I'm not even a TJ Dillashaw fan.

GSP is only coming back for Khabib, well never see a GSP and Conor fight.

I only see Conor coming back for Khabib or Nate or Max. I think that fight with Max would do great numbers. Didn't Conor's coach say on Joe Rogan podcast he has no reason to come back unless its something really strong for his legacy? He has so much money no reason to get back in the octagon unless its a legacy fight.

There's a short clip from Twitter post in the previous page, if you pause and slowly drag the video play on the bar, you could see that initial punch did not land, and Cejudo simply held him from standing up afterward. And the first knock down was a push prior to all that which isn't shown. Mind me, I'm not even a TJ Dillashaw fan.
Yeah I believe before that push, where Cejudo seriously threw him to the ground like a small child. Makes me think TJ was a little rocked before that. He didn’t trip, I watched that push a couple of times. Even watching it live I was like wtf was that? Last night I thought it was an early stoppage but watching it more think just saved TJ some harm.

I thought the stoppage was correct

After seeing the Ortega fight and Max just rip him apart, I never want to see that again

GSP is only coming back for Khabib, well never see a GSP and Conor fight.

I only see Conor coming back for Khabib or Nate or Max. I think that fight with Max would do great numbers. Didn't Conor's coach say on Joe Rogan podcast he has no reason to come back unless its something really strong for his legacy? He has so much money no reason to get back in the octagon unless its a legacy fight.
I think conor could view cowboy as a best of both worlds

Money fight and a tune up fight

Not saying conor is scared of max but all this time off, to go into a fight with a prime max right now would be a chore

Yea I think a Conor Cowboy fight still does big numbers, Dana and brass will call it a #1 contender fight, market Cowboy having the most UFC wins, etc.

"The Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw fight Saturday night was a huge success for ESPN, and particular the ESPN+ streaming service.

ESPN+ signed up 525,000 new subscribers on Saturday, easily the biggest day in the service’s history. For a comparison purpose, that was significantly better than WWE has done for any single day WrestleMania or that UFC Fight Pass ever did with a live event. They had also signed up 43,000 subscribers on Friday, most of which has been attributed to the show.

In addition, the four prelim fights that aired on ESPN, headlined by Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez, averaged a 1.4 rating in the major metered markets. That number would be ahead of what most FOX shows did for main cards in recent years. It would be the highest for prelims for non-pay-per-view show dating back at least five years. It would likely be a higher viewing audience than any main card on cable in three years, since the Dillashaw vs. Dominick Cruz FS 1 show on January 17, 2016 averaged 2.28 million viewers."

^free trial
last night card wasn't that great but the subscriptions spiked since it was the first event on espn

You underestimate Dana
yump.gif

Need to open up 165/175 division already and scrap the 170. Just want cowboy to get his big payday v Conor. He deserves it.

Would have preferred Mario Yamasaki reffed that TJ vs Cejudo fight and let him "be a warrior".

We've seen TJ get rocked early and come back to win against Cody.

Back
Top Bottom