The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Would have preferred Mario Yamasaki reffed that TJ vs Cejudo fight and let him "be a warrior".

We've seen TJ get rocked early and come back to win against Cody.

Yeah TJ got knocked down both times against Cody and looked wobbled. Early stoppage imo

cody knocked him down with a couple seconds in the round and didnt have time to follow up. due was wobbled going to his corner. i think henry would've kept him on the ground and finished it but we'd never know.
didn't dana say yamasaki should never work another fight again :lol:

tj looked awful physically at 125. :sick:

Watched it a couple times. TJ was done. He didn’t even spring up right away when the fight was called. It was over with a lot of time left. He avoided brain damage

The sale to the new owners is the root of this. Whether it's Dana making these fights or a new guy to replace him, this type of match making is probably here to stay for a bit

Dana and the brothers were playing 3D chess when they sold

Owners are just trying to get their return with all these microwaved money fights and 100 cards per year nonsense

Pre WME Sale, the year of fights/event was probably one of the best thanks to Conor/Nate, Ronda, UFC 200, the first MSG card. I can’t remember but I want to say they had at least four cards that were a million plus PPVs.

Post WME, it just seems like they’re scrounging the bottom of the barrel for big fights. Conor/Khabib and JBJ/DC 2 not withstanding. TUF is a rotting corpse. And the failure to promote current and upcoming talent seems to be alien to a company owned by a talent agency. NBA Rookie Luka Doncic has more NBA Allstar votes than Kevin Durant or James Harden. How? The NBA (and Disney) are promoting him and his stutter step as the next big thing in basketball.

I get that, but in the long run it’s not a sustainable model. It not only alienates other fighters it also robs them of proper promotion.

Promotion is not in the UFC vocabulary. Ask Amanda Nunes. Henry Cejudo. Demetrius Johnson.

Last edited:
Henry receiving many blessings.

No offense to DJ. He was in his own lane (Twitch, humble mode, etc). But Henry has probably brought the most light to the FWs. He might not have saved it but t least he gave it a great farewell.

i read somewhere that Henry Cejudo had a wwe offer before he started mma. dude is hella small :lol:
ariel out here playing Love Connection :lol:

Yeah. No offense to TJ but Henry coming off real likeable.

I’m glad he saved the lightweight division.
And now he gets the girl.
Agreed, never really cared for TJ as well. Henry can be a cornball on the mic but definitely respect how much hes improved fight wise and seems much more humbled than TJ who seems bitter about everything not going his way.

Henry’s always seemed like a good guy. People just thought he was dorky for whatever reason and made fun of his haircut. Meanwhile, tj’s haircut is pretty bad.

Henry was on rogan’s podcast and talked about how he was trapped during the cali wildfires. He had to run outside barefoot and burned the bottom of his feet.

Henry is definitely kinda dorky but it’s aight, I like his ethic. I actually like TJ as a fighter and you can tell he works his *** off which I respect, but he also almost always comes off as a smug dickhead to me, so I’m enjoying this whole turn of events :lol:.

I wonder if Cejudo winning will actually save the flyweight division tho, seems like it’s doomed no matter what unless a real star shows up. I dunno if Cejudo is that guy but hopefully they give him at least a defense or two to see if he can build some interest.

Watched the fights with my girl who knows next to nothing about MMA.

She said Cejudo seems super likeable just based off that post-fight interview, and TJ seems like a douche. That charisma lol

Cejudo is boosting his star status just by socializing with the bellas.

Reminds me of how pete davidson boosted his status by being with ariana grande now he is rumored to be with sweet milf kate beckinsale.

TJ vs Dom was the battle of the smug dickheads. Jeez.

I heard the wildfire story on the MMA Hour (the one with Ariel not Luke).That was crazy. Henry doesn’t come across as an arrogant prick.

Joseph Benavides definitely has a claim to a title shot since he has a victory over Henry.

UFC has options for FW or kill it and have Henry skip Morias and challenge for the BW title.

Jorge’s plans after the till fight

“That’s it, man, ride off into the sunset, take over the island for a day or two, maybe I see Bisping somewhere in some freaking after hours place, slap him up just to end the night on a even better note, because I got such a punk talking crap to me in front of my family and kids,” Jorge Masvidal added. “He’s going to get it one day when the UFC officials ain’t around.”

Back
Top Bottom