The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

It’s as if you don’t really read what gets posted in here. But sure let’s go with “I’m making things up”
Nah I read the thread regularly and keep it updated, you just cant comprehend objective analysis

None of these posts prove that “Ortega is a world beater”. I’m sure some picked Ortega to win, there’s nothing wrong with that

None of those posts proved that Ortega was being gassed up like you’re whining about

Yea I was just worried max wouldn’t make weight. After he did I picked max to win. Hate seeing these guys up on the scale with eyes all sunken in looking half dead. Only to go into a war within the next 24hours. Just insane to me

Nah I read the thread regularly and keep it updated, you just cant comprehend objective analysis

None of these posts prove that “Ortega is a world beater”. I’m sure some picked Ortega to win, there’s nothing wrong with that

None of those posts proved that Ortega was being gassed up like you’re whining about

Who's whining? Why you always get so emotional in here and resort to juvenile tactics to deflect?

I'm simply commenting on the fact that Max was objectively a dead man walking in here until Saturday* night.

Why that seems to bother you so much is beyond me.

I'm simply commenting on the fact that Max was objectively a dead man walking in here until Saturday* night.

I don’t understand why you don’t understand that a fighter who suffered from concussion like symptoms when trying cut weight, who doctors NEVER found out what the issue was, and who also said in the media that he was suffering from depression these last few months, would not be a reason for concern for some folks?

Of the quotes you posted, 3 reference concerns based on his health, one is a joke about Drake, one guy simply said he’s rooting for Max but it’ll be tough, one guy said Max hasn’t faced anyone with Ortega’s ground skills (which is true), and literally only ONE quote definitively said Max would lose. That’s what y’all in here beating your chest about? Congrats man :lol: *pats on back*, you da real mvp

It was an amazing performance by Max and I can’t speak for everyone but I’m happy that the man is healthy and still clearly performing at his peak.

Who's whining? Why you always get so emotional in here and resort to juvenile tactics to deflect?

There wasn’t nothing emotional bout that though. All facts

This dude is advertising the fight.

We damn well know a lost that early in someone's career is meaningless.

After all he got smoked very early on. What that makes that dude?????

I won’t say meaningless, but clearly that’s a whole different Max out there now, and a different Conor as well.

What’s crazy is Max was kinda handicapped by being crazy young, but Conor was literally handicapped because he tore his ACL in the first fight, his grappling actually helped him get the W. Weird scenario and I don’t know if there’s much people can take from that to determine what happens if they fight again.

But regardless, I’m definitely on board for the rematch

Conor vs Max at 155 makes sense for Max, he gets to get back an L without risk of losing the 145 belt, money fight.

If he wins he's next in line for the 155 belt

I won’t say meaningless, but clearly that’s a whole different Max out there now, and a different Conor as well.

What’s crazy is Max was kinda handicapped by being crazy young, but Conor was literally handicapped because he tore his ACL in the first fight, his grappling actually helped him get the W. Weird scenario and I don’t know if there’s much people can take from that to determine what happens if they fight again.

But regardless, I’m definitely on board for the rematch
Meaningless in the scene that it already happened and it was a long time ago.

I'm definitely on board. I hope of it happens it be in Boston ... scene of the first fight. Doubt it thought.

Meaningless in the scene that it already happened and it was a long time ago.

I'm definitely on board. I hope of it happens it be in Boston ... scene of the first fight. Doubt it thought.
If it's in Boston I'm going. Already thinking of taking the train for the Brooklyn card

Just watched the Holloway-Ortega scrap last night and Max's volume is unreal, especially keeping up that pace in the later rounds.

Would be great to see him give LW a go but I think guys like Khabib and Lee give him problems. A match with Conor for #1 LW contender would be a great match up stylistically.

Although Khabib is a beast and what he does is appreciated. He's just to good in the ground to a fault, at least for me.

He doesn't want to engage and will just keep a dude down which the opponent can't do **** because they cant. For a lot of people the fight becomes boring..... again, that's not a knock on him, dude is dominating. But I want to see a competitive fight.

"Welcome to the Blessed Era Baby". That was such a dope was to end the ME preview before the walkouts, kinda set the tone. They've gotta end those with his quotables from now on as long as he's at the top. Ending with "It is what it is" has the same affect to me. LW gave me chills.

People didn’t gas ortega up to much. Guy is a beast and has a ton of heart. Too much of a trend to downplay how good a guy is after losing to a champ and better fighter. Same thing was said about darren till. Max is that good and his striking is so damn good.

I chime in every time I see this stance. Seems if you lose, you washed. Maybe I just define 'washed' differently.

They should've stopped that fight earlier, IMO. Ortega was in zombie mode from the start of the 4th. Saw flashes of Nate vs Maynard with the volume of punishment he was taking. He was getting pummeled. Kid's got hella heart, but man!!! He was getting tagged flush AF from the opening bell! I don't know how he wasn't out on his feet earlier than the 4th personally. Max's hands are legit, the angles and volume is just crazy. That pressure breaks people. Pressure was already getting to Ortega in the 1st.

Ortega DID crack Max a couple times in the 3rd. More than a couple actually. Max's recovery solid AF tho. You could see Max find is bearings, get cracked and start over on finding himself. Tough as nails, I don't think Max really stopped pressing even though you could see his feet not being completely underneath him.

cowboy was leaking in there holy ****... grappler baki type **** :lol:

What are the odds I'd see a Baki the Grappler reference in here. Cant wait for the 17th when Death Row Convicts to release. Should be dope.

This the type of beating that probably took years off Ortega's career. Hope dude makes a speedy recovery

What are the odds I'd see a Baki the Grappler reference in here. Cant wait for the 17th when Death Row Convicts to release. Should be dope.
it wasn't the quality i expected from the previews aside from a few episodes, but as a huge fan of the series it's better than nothing. really hoping there's another season in the works but the blu-rays haven't been selling well in japan and the promotion has been sparse. :frown:

This the type of beating that probably took years off Ortega's career. Hope dude makes a speedy recovery

Definitely. He was eating shots for what essentially an entire round. It was target practice for the left side of Ortega's face. Showed a clip after the stop where TC took 4 consecutive punches (left-left-STRONG right-left) to the same area on that left side. That head movement TC had when he was fresh was on already on medical suspension by the end of the 2nd.

it wasn't the quality i expected from the previews aside from a few episodes, but as a huge fan of the series it's better than nothing. really hoping there's another season in the works but the blu-rays haven't been selling well in japan and the promotion has been sparse. :frown:

Totally agree, but what can we expect after such a long hiatus between installments. The one clip that I saw the animation looked ok, but the feel was different like they were completely changing the focus of the show. Still excited for Monday anyways.

Reactions: OTG
If it were competitive than Khabib’s opponents would be able to stop it (the grappling). They can’t.

Max said last week that he thought Conor did good against Khabib. So did DC. Khabib is an animal and grappling virtuoso.

I like Conor’s “power” but Max would starch that Irish Fella right now. The volume and cardio are unreal. It’s the blessed era. Honestly Uncle Dana is tight. I want to see Max run it back with Porier. I want to see a war with Ferguson. And the Khabib fight.

Totally agree, but what can we expect after such a long hiatus between installments. The one clip that I saw the animation looked ok, but the feel was different like they were completely changing the focus of the show. Still excited for Monday anyways.
no doubt. it's dope to see someone caught my reference though as i rarely see baki brought up anywhere :lol: criminally slept on but easily my favorite martial arts series.

Last edited:
Max is like a Diaz brother (all the volume, cardio and granite chin) except a better technician, more well rounded, gets hit much less and better take down defense

I think he’d have to be favored for sure to beat conor. Especially this version of conor who perhaps isn’t as hungry

Terms of Tony I think it’s a toss up but I’d probably favor max over Dustin

It was a great fight when it was first put together....

and it would be an even better fight now.

I can see mcgoat dropping down to 45 against danas will and trying to grab another world title...

the thing is, its even a BIGGER fight if a belt is involved, and the stakes become higher...I bet it happens at 45, connors never missed weight.

I've watched that fight 2 or 3 times since its happened, and everytime I came to the same conclusion....conor mopped the floor with max that night, it wasn't even close.

pretty interested to see Kevin Lee this weekend too, im thinking he prolly runs through Iquinta and calls someone out for a big fight....possibly khabib if he can stop him.

well see what happens though.

Back
Top Bottom