The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Khabib vs Lee would be great if the Tony fight doesn’t come together.

Curious to see if Lee can be more impressive against Iaquinta than Khabib was

“Honestly? I don’t know. Will he fight again? I don’t know,” Kavanagh said (h/t MMANytt). “I know him as a person and know that coming off two losses — even though one was boxing — will be hard for him. But he’s 30, two kids, and has a big whiskey deal that’s making him more money than fighting ever did.

“Would you get up in the morning to be punched in the face? I don’t think so,” Kavanagh continued. “But he’ll probably call me tomorrow and say: ‘What did you say that for? I’m fighting in March.’ So I don’t know.”

“He would certainly have to convince me to go again. Yeah, I love him. I love the whole journey we’ve had but I’d need a good ‘why’. It might be [Nate] Diaz again because he promised that fight. It might be a rematch with Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. But if it was just: ‘Well, they want me to fight that guy’ I think I’d say, ‘I wish you the best.’

“He has a wife and two kids now and I don’t want him taking more hits than he needs to,” Kavanagh concluded. “Khabib hit him with a punch in that fight that he has never been hit with in his career. And even Superman slows down at some stage.”

“Honestly? I don’t know. Will he fight again? I don’t know,” Kavanagh said (h/t MMANytt). “I know him as a person and know that coming off two losses — even though one was boxing — will be hard for him. But he’s 30, two kids, and has a big whiskey deal that’s making him more money than fighting ever did.

“Would you get up in the morning to be punched in the face? I don’t think so,” Kavanagh continued. “But he’ll probably call me tomorrow and say: ‘What did you say that for? I’m fighting in March.’ So I don’t know.”

“He would certainly have to convince me to go again. Yeah, I love him. I love the whole journey we’ve had but I’d need a good ‘why’. It might be [Nate] Diaz again because he promised that fight. It might be a rematch with Khabib [Nurmagomedov]. But if it was just: ‘Well, they want me to fight that guy’ I think I’d say, ‘I wish you the best.’

“He has a wife and two kids now and I don’t want him taking more hits than he needs to,” Kavanagh concluded. “Khabib hit him with a punch in that fight that he has never been hit with in his career. And even Superman slows down at some stage.”

Whiskey deal making him more than the Floyd fight?

Probably not at the moment, I think he was referring to his MMA bouts and in general

I figure Conor wouldn't have to do that much campaigning if he really wanted say Max

Feel max v poirier would be great matchup on the feet. As well as ferg v mcgregor just for the style matchup

I'll tell this dude to ****. I'm not saying he doesnt have Connors best interest at heart, based on these comments, it sounds like he does. However, a man can't go on Twitter talk **** about being the best and not going out and proving it.

Seems like Connor wants to prove a point and he is the type of dude that even if he wanted to call it quits his own damn ego would get in the way.

Not bad, ONE

Now, fans who wondered how they’ll be able to follow some of their favorite fighters going forward will have a chance to see them on U.S. television.

The Singapore-based promotion has come to terms on a three-year deal to air events on Turner Sports properties. MMA Fighting confirmed an initial report by ESPN on Tuesday.

ONE will air 24 live events on the B/R Live streaming service, with taped events and other shoulder programming on TNT.

Back
Top Bottom