The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

Dana is business saavy but he isn’t perfect. I do wonder what financial reasons prevent him from making a new division

Other than paying another champ “championship” money by the same token he’d be able to fill another PPV headline

I posed this question a while back and given what you ^^^ just said, I wonder....

Do interim champs get paid as champs? They have belts.

I would much rather they have more divisions, and more champions, and thus, more title fights to headline PPVs. Than continue doing the interim thing.

I guess the problem there though is that with injuries and suspensions you run the risk of still having to have interim titles. In even more divisions.

But looking at some of my favorite fighters. Jorge could easily fight at a 162/163. RDA probably fits there as well. Nate.

Some of the other divisions (205 and around) might be too thin though?

True...the exchange at the end between Dustin and Max was dope tho. The **** talking is fun and all but it’s cool as hell to see good sportsmanship

Yea I thought the exchange between Dustin and Max's son was doper than the Shaq moment.

anyone else cringe when fighters are begging for that bonus money right after the fight? it's such a bad look on the ufc
i feel bad cause fighters really got to go out there and try and kill one another just to earn that extra cash

jewseejay jewseejay

If Dana such a genius why he refuse to do 165?
So because there’s no 165 division he’s a complete clueless idiot?

If you’re such a genius why are you on NT and not a key figure in a billion dollar business? Not a shot at you, just saying it’s way easier to criticize from our perspective than it is to make something happen.

His concern of having too many belts and decreasing the value of a belt isn’t one I necessarily agree with, but it’s a legitimate one

anyone else cringe when fighters are begging for that bonus money right after the fight? it's such a bad look on the ufc
i feel bad cause fighters really got to go out there and try and kill one another just to earn that extra cash

agree on your first point it is a bad look. doesn't happen in all cases but i remember rogan saying when fighters ask for the bonus, they usually don't get it unfortunately.

second point, i don't feel bad it is the fight game after all. everything they've put into training and studying is put to the test. locked in a cage, only goal should be to out maneuver and outplay (kill) your opponent. also i hate judges, especially international cards. most never had any fight experience.

I'm putting it slightly above the WWE route just because of the brutal schedule and no offseason/offtime for WWE being on the road 300 days a year etc., also being under the whims of a 73 year old racist lunatic. But if you're a big dude at least 6 ft tall and 200 lbs, UFC and WWE are probably like the 9th and 10th options if you don't have the athleticism or able to develop the skills in all the other options in athletics

Are these guys getting paid less than boxers?

Seems anecdotal besides the top stars who are big names and are real independent contractors. Canello, Deontay Wilder, Joshua, GGG, etc are not signed to the WBA, WBC, etc.

Besides Conor, no one is making big money.

It’s probably better to be a WWE wrestler, at least you get a merchandising cut.

Things are just getting worse. Unless they organize a union, the little guy will continue to not get paid their worth.

wwe isn't even a sport so i wouldn't even compare it to that. it's more traveling carney/broadway/cirque du soleil and if you actually make it, contracts guarantee a minimum pay regardless of whether you work a lot of shows or not. wwe talent know what they are in for as far as schedule goes and aren't working second job. like others mentioned, you got ufc fighters (some top guys) having second jobs just to pay day-to-day bills
most ufc contracts aren't paying fighters if they are injured or miss a fight
dana may not be a 73 yo lunatic but he is a shady mf as well

Last edited:
On the surface it seems like Dana still operates under the idea that they’re trying to make it to an espn type level

Now that he’s actually arrived there he’s keeping the same small show nickle and dime mentality. Now I say on the surface because it could be the new owners mandating fighter pay

I was looking at mmajunkie earlier and legit forgot about Amanda Nunes holding two belts. Sad for her she gets no promo or attention after destroying that fraud honda housey now turned fake wrestler and putting cyborg to sleep.

I agree it's not a sport and more comparable to Cirque Du Soleil but I just meant it tends to be looked at as an option for big dudes that couldn't make it professionally in all the sports that require size. I know theres a downside guarantee but you're not going to make as much as if you work more shows, and since there isn't an offseason only time you get that time off anyways is if you're actually injured. Look at the long list of former pro wrestlers that died early and had Steroid, painkillers, and other drug issues and that should give you a clear picture on how that lifestyle/schedule is and does to people. If you're a non white wrestler, you have to deal with all kind of issues traveling often to those hick/redneck towns etc. There's all the racist/stereotypes involved with the gimmicks and angles. The only time it was good to be a pro wrestler was a lot of the ones that were getting paid by WCW for working way less shows with some of them not even having to do anything. That WCW was the best time to be a pro wrestler

wwe isn't even a sport so i wouldn't even compare it to that. it's more traveling carney/broadway/cirque du soleil and if you actually make it, contracts guarantee a minimum pay regardless of whether you work a lot of shows or not. wwe talent know what they are in for as far as schedule goes and aren't working second job. like others mentioned, you got ufc fighters (some top guys) having second jobs just to pay day-to-day bills
most ufc contracts aren't paying fighters if they are injured or miss a fight
dana may not be a 73 yo lunatic but he is a shady mf as well

Anderson's former trainer in the white shirt, felt disrespected by his former student who walked past the gym in the rival's t-shirt. He has a chin and seemed to survive that pretty well

Anderson's former trainer in the white shirt, felt disrespected by his former student who walked past the gym in the rival's t-shirt. He has a chin and seemed to survive that pretty well

As someone who has practiced Martial Arts this ****ing disgraceful.

What school does he run? Cobra Kai?

Kid should have slammed his head on the pavement when he went for the guillotine

Back
Top Bottom