The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Jais right side was completely stiff, fight should've been stopped. Only thing Herb was right about was someone shouldn't be yelling stop the fight that's not suppose to. But someone made a point about these commissions, judges and refs are never held accountable for anything gone wrong and there is no way to really do anything about it. So if Dan was feeling that way at that time, what else is he suppose to do?

Just rewatched the ending to the fight on ESPN+. He was definitely out. The way he fell and hit his head on the mat. To the blankness and inability to control his right side. Then Trinaldo perches above him knowing he’s knocked out and hoping Herb calls it. Herb doesn’t so he delivers more possibly concussive blows to his head, which then compels Hardy to yell.

Hardy way outta line, only reason dude was screaming is because he's friends w/ the guy that got put out.

If you put Dan Hardy in that same situation and the ref stops the fight as soon as he hit the mat, he would've been complaining to the ref for stopping it early.

He didn't have to stop the fight as soon as he hit the mat though. The guy fell and was stiff while the opponent stood there idle waiting for Herb to notice and call it off. He had more than enough time to assess how out of it he was and then to wave it

There's legitimately no reason why he should have taken another punch

Again I get why Herb would be upset with Hardy but if y'all think this is overblown I feel like y'all are overblowing it even more lol. It was an unfortunate situation that led to an unfortunate reaction but to call for Hardy's job is definitely overblown

Trinaldo was standing over him trying to to mercifully wait for Herb to call the fight.

I can understand how from his vantage point, he made the decision he did. And I can agree Hardy was exceptionally vocal but he and Felder were right in their criticism.

He didn't have to stop the fight as soon as he hit the mat though. The guy fell and was stiff while the opponent stood there idle waiting for Herb to notice and call it off. He had more than enough time to assess how out of it he was and then to wave it

There's legitimately no reason why he should have taken another punch

Again I get why Herb would be upset with Hardy but if y'all think this is overblown I feel like y'all are overblowing it even more lol. It was an unfortunate situation that led to an unfortunate reaction but to call for Hardy's job is definitely overblown

There can be an argument that it was stopped too late or that it was stopped right on time. In the larger scheme of things, we've seen much worse stoppages. There is a situation conparable to this on every other card. All I meant by overblown was that this event wouldn't get this much coverage if it weren't for Dan Hardy screaming at the ref. That's not to suggest that this isn't a problem, but that it is inevitable no matter how competent the referee is.

There can be an argument that it was stopped too late or that it was stopped right on time. In the larger scheme of things, we've seen much worse stoppages. There is a situation conparable to this on every other card. All I meant by overblown was that this event wouldn't get this much coverage if it weren't for Dan Hardy screaming at the ref. That's not to suggest that this isn't a problem, but that it is inevitable no matter how competent the referee is.
I was referring to calling for Hardy’s job. That’s taking it to the extreme. Suspend him or whatever but again Dana White does far worse unprofessional things so... yeah.. be hypocritical on his part but then again it’s Dana White

Khabib vs GSP for Khabib's last fight? I guess, sure

Figurerdo vs Garbrandt? Alright

Whittaker vs Cannonier? Absolutely

Speaking to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, White suggested a No. 1 contender matchup between Whittaker and Cannonier to determine who should be next in line for a title shot at 185lbs.

“You got Cannonier in there. Do you do Cannonier vs. Whittaker? I mean, that’s a really good fight to find out who fights the winner of Adesanya vs. Costa,” White said.

Dana is not about to have another boring black champ haha Aljo and Leon about to get done dirty. Both should be the next fighting for a strap

I'm definitely picking Khabib as he has shown to be able to take anyone down regardless of their background. That said I do give Justin a chance as he has a wrestling background and seems to have greatly improved ever since the Dustin fight where he was just getting into these brawls.

I say inshallah.

I’m just waiting for the horn and when Khabib goes for that single, double, or leg trip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom