The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

diaz vs masvidal official. Nick Diaz that is..

wooooooooooo. cant wait
He actually accepted the fight!?!? Well I'm not gonna get my hopes too high until the fight actually happens. Crazy it will be 4+ years since Nick fights if this does go down.

Glad Nick is back but he sat out all this time pissing and moaning about how he wants a big fight or title shot just to come back against Masvidal?

He could've been fighting top 10 guys this whole damn time.

Love the matchup, tho, hopefully he actually shows up.

nice... was wondering why we hadn't seen him in rizin for a while.

Listening to the A-Side pod, they bring up the perfect example of why yet again there will never be a Fighter's Union

A year or two ago TJ was one of the main voices for the short lived MMA Fighter's Union. He was rightfully condemning the UFC for treatment and pay

Fast forward to today and TJ is literally saying he's going to take pleasure in expediting the extermination of 40-50 jobs by ridding the UFC of the entire Flyweight division

He got paid and now don't give a damb about anyone else. Just like the Conor's, the Jon Jone's etc. Biggest names and highest paid fighters aren't going to help the others so things will most likely never change

People been saying that. The ones making bank don't care if other fighters get paid pennies. Also people incorrectly saying everyone is making more money because of the racist irish fella. him, his opponents, and the ufc owners making money. Unless you already a star and / or get a ppv percentage, that money doesn't trickle down.

Right, but with the TJ example, it takes it to a new level. He essentially did a 180

Conor or Jones were never a part of any start up Union like TJ was

I really respect TJ as a fighter but he always came off as a self centered dickhead to me. Those taking pleasure in shutting down the flyweight division comments cemented it for me. I dunno for sure if he's truly a douchebag, or he's just a cringe trashtalker, but I think it's more of the former than the latter. Eventually there might be a more principled star willing to stand with the rest of the guys.

Also the top 10 guys aren't gonna fill up 30 ESPN fight nights per year, there's still strength in numbers, if they can convince everyone to sacrifice for a couple months. Also those top guys train in gyms with everyone else. If the movement gains momentum they gotta either get in or get ostracized.

But yeah, it is pretty funny how much he changed his tune once the big checks started rolling in. Human nature

Phil Davis lost to some dude named Vadim Nemkov.

That’s my issue. No union. And the company doesn’t do much for their “contractors.”

The lack of promotion makes it seem like random dude x is fighting random dude y. Feel like before the turn of the decade, every fighter was special. It’s like they’re fighting for scraps and other than stand and bang or crazy knockouts, the wage isn’t commensurate with the risk nor is Zuffa going to take the risk to really invest/promote these guys.

It’s just so backwards from other pro sports.

Expect the fight to become official soon

When asked about the Donald Cerrone vs. Conor McGregor rumors, Dana White was quick to shut them down.

“That’s not true.” Dana said of the rumors. “That is absolutely not true. Obviously that is the fight that Cowboy Cerrone wants, but that’s not true. We haven’t even thought about an opponent for either one of those guys yet.”

Marlon Vera can be fun to watch, well rounded and likes to try to put on a show. Time to get another contender and see if he can get over the hump

I’d like to see Walker fined for pushing the ref when he intervened. Totally unnecessary given Rountree was out from the elbow and took another two solid shots.

nasty KO by johnny walker... **** is up with brazilians having american names? :lol:

johnny walker went from me thinking he was a clown to earning my respect with the quickness. that was vicious.

also him rubbing his leg after the leg click was funny

Expect the fight to become official soon

When asked about the Donald Cerrone vs. Conor McGregor rumors, Dana White was quick to shut them down.

“That’s not true.” Dana said of the rumors. “That is absolutely not true. Obviously that is the fight that Cowboy Cerrone wants, but that’s not true. We haven’t even thought about an opponent for either one of those guys yet.”

Please let this be on the March card with DC

Ponzinibbio with Andre Soukhamthat levels of fight IQ. Magny’s leg was done by the second round, but this dummy still only wanted to headhunt.

Back
Top Bottom