The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

I know most here didn't really think much of chandler but guy has always hit hard and has pretty good wrestling. he has the punching power to put any of the lightweights out. Problem is he's always been too happy to brawl and get sloppy and take damage. Never really followed a game plan or fought smarter. Maybe he's changed that now.

After watching this bout two more times, I just cannot understand what in the hell Conor was doing. The thing that pisses me off the most is he and his team do this for a living. It is like watching the Seahawks throw the ball from the 1-yard line.

For all the conditioning and "wook" he put in, he was as bad as ever. Yes, he landed precise shots, but he did nothing with them and looked like an inexperienced fighter in his debut.

The 1st Nate fight changed him for the better against NATE, but not all opponents. He is so concerned with gassing out that he doesn't attack anymore like he should. Old Conor would have let it fly after the first few tags of Dustin and probably scored a knockout in the 1st.

The only solace is you can point to what he did wrong very easily in each of his fights. Nate 1 - didn't pace himself and gassed out. Khabib - didn't respect his stand-up and got tagged. Dustin - did not prepare for kicks at all and didn't capitalize when he hurt him. These are all fixable but don't know if he gets a shot.

fake Floyd Connor need to hang it up
Floyd never technically lost a boxing fight. Conor got 5 Ls (Duffy, Sitenkov, Diaz, Khabib and Dustin).

conor beat eddie for the belt and instead of proving himself at 155, he went on hiatus to the surprise of noone

now we're "suprised" he's losing to the elite of 155
Lol. Dustin beat Eddie (twice). And he beat Justin. And he waged a drag out war with Hooker. Dustin beat the guy that everyone was gushing over last week.

Dustin has worked on his craft.

Conor smelled the roses. And now...he’s at a cross roads. Chael/Frankie/Fabre territory. Or bounce back to be one of the greatest LW. His “team” is wack. Conor in his prime was a freak athlete and mind. Kavanaugh is no Mike Brown or Eugene B at CKB. And his camp doesn’t have killers. I’d go back to the lab. Train with some top tier fighters.

If there wasn’t a Khabib, Dustin would get acclaim as one of the best LWs. That division is deep.

Also...Dustin probably going to have to take that Chandler fight. Dana and WME spent a lot of money on Chandler. Chandler knocked out Hooker on a big stage. Not to say Olivera doesn’t deserve it. But Dana gets what Dana wants.

Has anyone ever tried the leg kick gameplan against conor before?

I'm orthodox, if I go against a southpaw the main kicks available are inside low kick and the open body/head kicks. The reason Connor was damaged badly is because Poirier is also a southpaw. They are not used or conditioned to eat outside low/calf kicks like that. Gyms are not full of southpaws usually so even they are not used to go against that stance in training. People generally don't understand the damage a well placed leg kick can do. Eat too many and your basically riding a bike on a flat tire while someone is gunning for you. No fun at all.

Conor said in the post fight that was his first time ever taking a calf kick, he was used to the leg kicks landing above the knee and was shocked at how incapacitated it made him. Seems like an oversight by his team considering how heavy he is on that lead leg. Wouldn’t be surprised if he added them to his arsenal going forward.

The calf kick is the new GSP superman punch, its ****ing up the game right now... The best counter I saw for it is from Felder. He takes the calf kick and turns with it follows up with a spinning elbow. I drilled it a few times works good.

The irony of Chandler speaking so highly of Dustin and gushing over him while Dustin said absolutely no way Chandler gets the next title shot

Since we are doing trilogy’s now let’s just book a Max rematch. Lol

you’d have some good storylines there. Just as Dustin, Max is LEVELS better than his first fight against Connor. Even at 155 Max will give Conor problems.

Max got mad rematch prospects.

I can’t see Dustin wanting a third fight with Max. He beat him clearly in two fights.

Max could run it back with Conor. He needs to run it back with Alex. And then figure out the next move. There’s another whole division waiting for him.

Floyd never technically lost a boxing fight. Conor got 5 Ls (Duffy, Sitenkov, Diaz, Khabib and Dustin).

Lol. Dustin beat Eddie (twice). And he beat Justin. And he waged a drag out war with Hooker. Dustin beat the guy that everyone was gushing over last week.

Dustin has worked on his craft.

Conor smelled the roses. And now...he’s at a cross roads. Chael/Frankie/Fabre territory. Or bounce back to be one of the greatest LW. His “team” is wack. Conor in his prime was a freak athlete and mind. Kavanaugh is no Mike Brown or Eugene B at CKB. And his camp doesn’t have killers. I’d go back to the lab. Train with some top tier fighters.

If there wasn’t a Khabib, Dustin would get acclaim as one of the best LWs. That division is deep.

Also...Dustin probably going to have to take that Chandler fight. Dana and WME spent a lot of money on Chandler. Chandler knocked out Hooker on a big stage. Not to say Olivera doesn’t deserve it. But Dana gets what Dana wants.

fake Floyd as in the personality. Floyd def backed up all the talk in the ring

Back
Top Bottom