The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Damb, Luke went hard on Ariel and MMA media. He isn't speaking any falsehoods... the only problem is he's fighting a battle that can never be won. I respect his take though and I respect how he got out of the traditional MMA reporting stuff

Ariel took the ESPN bag and became a puppet. I'll never begrudge someone for getting more money and stuff but watching his character evolve with Disney is cringe. They got him doing basketball and stuff and it's just like :stoneface:

That's not to say I dislike Ariel completely. His MMA Reporters podcast is excellent

Vince I’ll watch Luke’s video later. There were definitely softball answers.

I always felt like the MMA Hour was a schlob fest but Ariel has become more of a shill and was ALWAYS a Conor mark for Clout.

It’s crazy. Yes, he’s been at odds with Zuffa/Dana but it’s just for spoiling official fight announcements.

There isn’t a real MMA reporter. Sadly.

That emblem is pretty slick!

Also, I know Usman-Colby is being targeted for 244 but the card needs a proper headliner. Doubting it's Conor and not sure who is left for Jones to fight as Reyes already booked with Weidman. Though it'd be great if they got Masvidal-Diaz done on the same card I don't see that happening.

244 is shaping up nicely, love the Till/Gastelum matchup. Though if Till loses he'll drop way down.

I love Michelle Waterson and would love to live in between her legs but Joanna might maul her. There’s levels to this ****

Last edited:
I love Michelle Waterson and wouldn’t love to live in between her legs but Joanna might maul her. There’s levels to this ****
I think JJ takes her out with a late round TKO in either 3rd or the 4th. Karatie Hottie's best win is KK and I don't think she has anything for JJ. That Fight Night is also a decent looking card with some good matchups on paper, we also get the return of Dern, Cub/Kron and Vick/Price.

This weekends FN looks trash on paper, don't see myself watching any of it unless I hear a fight has a highlight reel type KO/finish or something else spectacular after the fact.

Woodley: “I’m thinking about reaching out and training [with them]. What ya’ll think about that? I’m training with GSP here soon. I already started training with Firas [Zahabi] a couple of sessions. What do y’all think about me training with Nate or Nick?”

More leaks from the court case

“UFC fighters received 26 percent of company gross revenue in 2007, a number that steadily declined until 2011, where it remained steady at between 19 and 20 percent. The figure is slightly higher than the 13 to 14 percent that was estimated at the time of the company’s sale in 2016, and far higher than a lot of media speculation of six to eight percent from people who had used the announced salary figures provided by the few commissions that release them as the basis of their figuring.

The number staying steady as far as a percentage goes, would mean fairly steady growth because UFC revenue since 2011 has grown significantly most years. This year, due to the ESPN deals for television and streaming rights, as well as pay-per-view, the fixed revenues should have shown substantial growth.

In all, the UFC paid approximately $626 million to its fighters between September 1, 2011, and August 31, 2017, which hovered close to 20 percent each year. In addition, there was evidence listed that the UFC forecasted $980 million in revenue for 2020 and estimated fighters compensation at $196 million, or 20 percent.

What also came out in the hearings was that Strikeforce paid fighters 63.0 percent of revenue, while for Bellator, which has been the No. 2 promotion in the U.S. for the past several years, that figure is 44.7 percent.

But with the UFC’s total revenue dwarfing that of other promotions, for the leading competitor—which Strikeforce was and Bellator still is—they have to pay a higher percentage to attract any top-level talent. And the reality is that Strikeforce ended up not surviving and selling to the UFC with that level of economic commitments to fighters.”

I honestly dont see the problem. Most major corporations pay their workers around 20 percent of the gross

I am kinda shocked these fools are gunna do a Billie in revenue in a down year tho. Not down in terms of appeal but just lacking in star power. One connor or Lesnar fight prob bring in another 250 mill

I honestly dont see the problem. Most major corporations pay their workers around 20 percent of the gross

I am kinda shocked these fools are gunna do a Billie in revenue in a down year tho. Not down in terms of appeal but just lacking in star power. One connor or Lesnar fight prob bring in another 250 mill
Yeah, this is a revelation. I’d guess that train of thought would be that fighters were getting 10 percent or less. I was actually a bit shocked...

I do wonder if the majority of that percentage is to a few fighters though. But either way the number is higher than I thought and many others

Well it’s not paying workers - most corps care more about what the price of the head count is.

Curious about their EBITDA

Back
Top Bottom