The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Screenshot_20200927-072709_Twitter.jpg

In the post fight conference they asked Izzy about the comments on his chest and said “why they lookin at my *******?”
216DCEAF-EF9E-44D2-BA53-2052E1123D9D.gif

He’s got a point lol

Izzy and danas post fight pressers were good

Costas coach Got verbally destroyed by izzy lmao The coach is legit but he gotta hold this L. Izzy talked **** in the cage and after, he got his point across

I’m also glad izzy doesn’t want to hop divisions right away like everyone else. Don’t get me wrong if guys want to make money I get that but staying in your division like usman and izzy to me is dope

didnt listen but coastas coach deserves it, terrible strategy

the more i watch these high level fights, the more i start to think that some of these coaches are great trainers and mediocre strategists... whos plans basically boil down to "beat him up"

like, i dont think for a second that volk is a better fighter than max, but he comes in with a way better strategy

What do you think about the humping after the fight? SevereMMA Podcast brought it up today.

MMA is supposed to apply the martial arts fundamentals and philosophies.

didnt listen but coastas coach deserves it, terrible strategy

the more i watch these high level fights, the more i start to think that some of these coaches are great trainers and mediocre strategists... whos plans basically boil down to "beat him up"

like, i dont think for a second that volk is a better fighter than max, but he comes in with a way better strategy
The leg kicks had Costa shook. I can’t blame the coach at all because of the history and proven fights and belts the coach has helped his guys win

Costa just wasn’t diverse enough with his footwork nor ring awareness. Idk if that can be pinned on a coach really. That just might be costas ceiling at the moment. I hope he will improve and evolve

I thought costa And his coach would come in with a better strategy but there’s something to that Tyson quote about plans
What do you think about the humping after the fight? SevereMMA Podcast brought it up today.

That was crazy. Izzy has some antics himself that one was lowkey a bit much. I can’t fault the man for doing it though in the moment you tend to lose your mind, doggy style humping is just a weird thing to do out of instinct lmao

its just a "youre my B'" moment for the people watching. showmanship u can call it? either way its harmless. unwritten rules whatever. this isnt a dojo its the octagon. i get the martial artists part but these dudes consider themselves fighters before anything.

just so wierd that costa couldnt let his hands fly. looking forward to khalabeibs fight. most exciting to watch right now for me since his style is so savage.

In the post fight conference they asked Izzy about the comments on his chest and said “why they lookin at my *******?”
216DCEAF-EF9E-44D2-BA53-2052E1123D9D.gif

He’s got a point lol
It‘s a decent deflection, but its a sign of a hormone imbalance. In professional athletes, these kinds of imbalances are usually linked to PED use.

Was Izzy suffering roid rage when he was humping him?

I feel like that bit is going to get swept under the rug. JBJ calling him out. A cheater knows a cheater.

Normally, I like to think matchmaker following a card like that. But no clue who the next title contenders should be at MW and LHW.

With Chimaev getting major buzz...I could easily see him trying to challenge for the MW title. It’s a possible favorable matchup versus Covington/Usman.

Was Izzy suffering roid rage when he was humping him?

I feel like that bit is going to get swept under the rug. JBJ calling him out. A cheater knows a cheater.

Normally, I like to think matchmaker following a card like that. But no clue who the next title contenders should be at MW and LHW.

With Chimaev getting major buzz...I could easily see him trying to challenge for the MW title. It’s a possible favorable matchup versus Covington/Usman.
MW- cannonier clearly deserves the fight if he beats whittaker. Fortunately for him, Dana and Izzy agree

Whittaker will find himself in a rematch if he wins i’d bet

hermmanson lingers and got a shout from Izzy

lhw- clearly Thiago vs glover winner will get the shot. Lots of guys below will be on the cusp soon as well

It’s funny how Izzy’s gyno is overshadowing Costa almost certainly being on roids in the post fight discussions :lol:

If he is on roids, which Idont doubtfor any of these guys, then I guess we gotta call it even.

Regardless though, still one of the most impressive performances in a minute. Whittaker and Costa now inside of two rounds and made it look easy. Dude is the real deal

Izzy is usually respectful.

Costa been coming at him sideways for a minute so i’d say its well jusified.

Yeah the folks who was calling izzy a fraud and this and that after the yoel fight gotta hold the L

I was wrong about Paulo’s coach but also imo that’s just how good izzy is

Izzy smoked his boots. Can't even be mad about Izzy humping him post fight, the adrenaline was at its peak.

If Izzy was just as disrespectful when things settled down before they announced the results then I think you could've questioned his virtues as a martial artist. But he went over there and shook homies hand.

Man if yoel and costa looked like that against izzy, as much as I like cannonier Idk how he beats Izzy

Whittaker imo could get retired by izzy in a rematch

Izzy already the 2nd best MW ever behind Silva. His resume in just 2 years is ****ing insane.

Tavares
Brunson
Gastellum
(as champ)
Whittaker
Romero
Costa

Great co main event last night.

Finally caught Izzy press conference last night. Man not only did he deliver in the fight, but he had a great press conference as well. Love him calling out fighters not cutting all the way, and how his sole focus is on clearing out the division and not running up in weight for another belt right now.

Izzy already the 2nd best MW ever behind Silva. His resume in just 2 years is ****ing insane.

Tavares
Brunson
Gastellum
(as champ)
Whittaker
Romero
Costa
Yeah luke thomas brought this up going into the fight, imo he’s def the 2nd best MW ever already

I hope hamzat keeps winning lol that would be a cool stylistic matchup

So you guys have Izzy ahead of Weidman?

Weidman defended his title three times. Peaced Out the GOAT twice. He was taking out Brazilians. Until he ran into Rockhold.

That Chimaev is the dark horse man. His wrestling might be too much for Izzy. MW is light on wrestlers right now (LHW the same).

We’ll see what happens with Whitaker/Cannonier. Hermanson a legit threat to Izzy with his grappling. But that could turn out like the Silva/Maia fight.

And blackcease, you got a point. It’s not like Costa didn’t come back from a major injury right quick and still looked like a hulk. Fair play.

Weidman is firmly #3 for me, very good run. Beat two Brazilians who were still pretty good and Anderson twice. Before becoming champ he came in short notice and beat Maia also beat a peak Munoz

If we're talking skill set, purely being an all around talent, tactician and ability to execute game planning with mastery of space, movement and timing... I mean imo it is not close between Izzy and Weidman

Weidman was a workhorse who had decent standup and he basically maxed out his full potential. He was a great skill set matchup for Anderson who was already badly badly exposed by Chael

With one more title defense for Izzy, I don't think it will even be debatable between he and Weidman

Back
Top Bottom