The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- O’Malley v Vera on NOW

Till says Woodley turned the fight down

“I don’t know what’s happening with Colby, whether he’s injured or not, but I’ve been offered Tyron Woodley and he turned the fight down,” said Till.

“That’s what it looks like to me and I’ve been on the UFC’s case about it. UFC want me to fight him, but he will not accept it. [UFC] didn’t mention a date or anything, but that’s the fight they wanted to make and he obviously isn’t into it.”

“I’m not too bothered about it, but I get a feeling that he thinks that nobody is worthy of fighting him for the title. I think he just wants to hold onto the belt for as long as he can. He’s going to have to make a decision soon. If he doesn’t want to fight me, who does he want to fight? It’s just me and Colby and Colby is injured apparently, so who is there? It’s a weird one, but I’m just waiting to see what happens,” he said.

“Maybe he wants to hold on for the Colby fight or maybe he just doesn’t want to come back — maybe he just doesn’t want to fight me. There could be many reasons but I think we’re going to find out what’s going to happen in the next few days. I’m not thinking too much into it at the moment because I want to have more information. I just want to see what it’s going to be, whether it’s me fighting Woodley or if he’s going to wait to fight Colby.

Unless Covington can't fight in 2018, they really shouldn't be messing around with this fight

If he won't be able to fight until 2019 then sure, it's not unfair to make Woodley fight someone else

Covington fought on June 9. Give him at least until October or November. Hell November they're going to Madison Square Garden, that should be an option

UFC is in shambles.
If this is true than they had an interim fight knowing they would schedule the unification fight 3 months later!? Wtf! I don't blame Colby or T-Wood. Colby just fought and deserves at least a month to chill. T-Wood fighting Till makes no sense. Sure the champ hasn't fought in a while but according to him he's been ready but the ufc decided to schedule Colby v RDA when they did.

because its been 2 years since he knocked out robbie lawler and has only fought 1 dood.
He fought maia a year ago. Wonderboy twice. In the 9 months before that. The shoulder surgery and the UFC not wanting to get their ish together was the problem. Not like hes ducking anybody. if Till were to get a title shot than they may as well give stylebender and zabit one next.

I think some people have an issue with the way he has proposed matchups.

He has fought all comers. But his words make it seem like he is chasing the bag. Not hating on it. Maybe if Tyrone went with the DC approach, he’d get the eventual super fight or Diaz Brother.

He fought maia a year ago. Wonderboy twice. In the 9 months before that. The shoulder surgery and the UFC not wanting to get their ish together was the problem. Not like hes ducking anybody. if Till were to get a title shot than they may as well give stylebender and zabit one next.
stylebender and zabit have beat no one near a cowboy or wonderboy, stop

Till has proven he deserves a title shot, but covington deserves it more. If there’s some sort of issue preventing covington from fighting in 2018, woodley should defend since it’s been over a year since a defense. Till would be next up

Whole thing seems like Dana/UFC brass playing both sides like usual, Colby probably didn't want to come back so quickly and now their trying to goad him into doing by offering the title fight to till. They've done this on numerous occasions. It explains why Woodly has no idea about what's going on cause he hasn't even gotten the contract for either fight yet.

Whole thing seems like Dana/UFC brass playing both sides like usual, Colby probably didn't want to come back so quickly and now their trying to goad him into doing by offering the title fight to till. They've done this on numerous occasions. It explains why Woodly has no idea about what's going on cause he hasn't even gotten the contract for either fight yet.

Exactly.

Seems like we’ve got a couple of title fights that both parties want but aren’t on the same page as far as scheduling.

Nunes/Cyborg and Woodley/Covington. Amanda signed for later this year but Cyborg wants to fight ASAP. Colby just beat RDA last month and is eyeing a November fight against Woodley but Woodley/UFC want it in September.

It’s a little messed up they are already pressing Colby to fight in September coming off the Interim fight with RDA in June. I really don’t think the UFC has any plans to book Till vs Woodley, they know Covington is the fight to make.

Till has proven he’s a liability at Welterweight as well, I can’t see them booking him in a title fight, potentially Main Event as well.

Looks like covington did say recently he needs to recover and there was an “issue” after his fight but he should be good to fight in New York in November

Make the fight Dana smh

Looks like covington did say recently he needs to recover and there was an “issue” after his fight but he should be good to fight in New York in November

Make the fight Dana smh

Dana probably spending time with Rondas lawyers writing up a lawsuit against Schaub

Dana probably spending time with Rondas lawyers writing up a lawsuit against Schaub

Do you believe Schaub with the whole 'Dana blacklisting guys because their girls turned him down'? That even seems a bit grimey for him

I'm really surprised at how quiet Colby has been with this whole WW debacle outside of the tweet he sent saying he wasn't injured and that was 'Fake News'. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was just to make Woodley look bad on all fronts by the UFC.

I will say the hashtag #NERDBASH2018 is one of the only funny things I think that has come from his [Colby C.] entire shtick. I'll be trying to pepper that in whenever I can now.

Do you believe Schaub with the whole 'Dana blacklisting guys because their girls turned him down'? That even seems a bit grimey for him

I'm really surprised at how quiet Colby has been with this whole WW debacle outside of the tweet he sent saying he wasn't injured and that was 'Fake News'. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was just to make Woodley look bad on all fronts by the UFC.

I will say the hashtag #NERDBASH2018 is one of the only funny things I think that has come from his [Colby C.] entire shtick. I'll be trying to pepper that in whenever I can now.

Nothing would surprise me with Dana... Guy is a maniac

stylebender and zabit have beat no one near a cowboy or wonderboy, stop

Till has proven he deserves a title shot, but covington deserves it more. If there’s some sort of issue preventing covington from fighting in 2018, woodley should defend since it’s been over a year since a defense. Till would be next up
Proved it by beating cowboy? Because the wonderboy fight wasnt convincing...

Proved it by beating cowboy? Because the wonderboy fight wasnt convincing...
Both cowboy and wonderboy are vastly better comp than anything stylebender and zabit have faced

You’re stretching it

Doesn’t matter if it was convincing or not he pulled out the win, he is inarguably the #2 behind covington, weight issues and all. To compare him to those two other up and comers is silly

he beat wonderboy coming in overweight and dirty shots at the knees, idk if Till is ready for the title shot. but he should def be next in line after the colby woodley fight

Back
Top Bottom