The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Screenshot_20211022-100646_WhatsApp.jpg

Damb DC lol

“But all the time, Fedor kind of flew around, fighting in organizations, things can still be done. Versus Brock Lesnar, I’ll give you that. I think he beats Brock Lesnar. But outside of that, I don’t think Fedor competes very well in the UFC. I think that, honestly, Fedor not going to the UFC allowed for the intrigue to stay, but the reality of the situation is he would not have done well against those guys like JDS (Junior dos Santos), he wasn’t beating Cain Velasquez, he would have struggled with guys like Cheick Kongo. He was not beating those guys that were at the top of the UFC at that time. I’m certain of it. I know you’re gonna say, ‘ Well he beat this guy, he beat (Antonio Rodrigo) Nogueira and he beat Frank Mir.’ For as great as he is, he would have been, at that time in the sport, average at best. I’m telling you. Fedor Emelianenko in the UFC between 2009-11, average at best.”

I really wanna see him and Po Atan show these MMA dudes what some real striking is
These decorated kickboxers are for sure showing that theres levels to striking. Just look at Izzy who showed improvements fight to fight from the start. And even Giga who doesnt have the highest KB accolades, but shows a similar start to his MMA career like Izzy

I feel Costa might be baiting Vettori. Man's had no intentions of cutting weight at all knowing he'd take the fight at 205. Would be crazy if Vettori could get thru the first 10-12 mins of Costas volume and pressure before he gasses.

Fedor wasn't going to lose to cheick kongo. dc so disrespectful. Unless kongo keeps kneeing him in the nuts on purpose like he did to crocop.

C Level Cain and JDS would have tuned Fedor heading into the new decade. MMA Math tells me so.

Fedor still the GOAT HW though.

Damb

“Omg, god bless you kid. Mental basket sad case. I am going to share your scared wife’s video that was sent to us of you screaming crying as you smash your house up. What a sad bastard u are. No brains. Empty head. Losing streak. No management. Wife sending us videos in fear.” – McGregor replied to Ferguson’s post.

Damb

“Omg, god bless you kid. Mental basket sad case. I am going to share your scared wife’s video that was sent to us of you screaming crying as you smash your house up. What a sad bastard u are. No brains. Empty head. Losing streak. No management. Wife sending us videos in fear.” – McGregor replied to Ferguson’s post.

this one got deleted :lol:

1635003509476.png

Alright well there's 3 fights I want to watch today:

Costa v Vetorri
Fedor v Johnson
Usman Nurmagomedov v some random

I believe Usman may be in line for a quick title shot if he can get a few more wins

An Usman vs AJ Mckee 155 title fight would be fire

Still waiting for an AJ McKee v Aaron Pico 145 title fight though

Yeah he's not going to fight in UFC yet, Po Atan should be fighting in UFC soon tho. If Ben Saadik beats Rico today i wonder if Rico will also make the move to MMA

Wait a min, so he isn't coming to the UFC straight away? That's probably what's best for him, I'm glad he's not. Going straight to the UFC is trash more often than not for a newcomer

Yeah he's not going to fight in UFC yet, Po Atan should be fighting in UFC soon tho. If Ben Saadik beats Rico today i wonder if Rico will also make the move to MMA
Ariel asked Rico about this two months ago. Rico sounded like he was ready to pursue MMA back then but Glory offered him a great deal

Rico said he's content to just kickbox and that being an MMA fighter isn't his "ambition". But he did say he's open to it. Sounded like he's not really thinking about it too much or that his heart is in that

Oh and btw, I didn't realize Po Atan is Alex Perriera. He's going to fight on the NY card. At least Perriera spent time in other MMA orgs previously

yeah idk how much Glory is giving him but the money just isn't there in kickboxing for almost every1 besides Badr Hari and maybe Rico for the most part, its why a lot of the japanese talent like tenshin and others are moving over to boxing where you can make big money in the Japanese market. But yea I can def see Rico just continuing to do all the glory fights in his home country there and doing tv/film work opportunities and chill

Ariel asked Rico about this two months ago. Rico sounded like he was ready to pursue MMA back then but Glory offered him a great deal

Rico said he's content to just kickbox and that being an MMA fighter isn't his "ambition". But he did say he's open to it. Sounded like he's not really thinking about it too much or that his heart is in that

Back
Top Bottom