The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Khabib will be just fine money wise. This doesn't effect his livelihood and he lives a modest life anyway. Once he gets that check for the PPV shares he'll be set and also he'll get his base pay from Nevada probably just missing thousands that Nevada will steal from him

When you step back from it.. khabib figured out a way to sell the rematch better than even Connor could.

Thats the reality. Im one you can miss with the fake outrage. He didnt go after Connor Jr.... He went after a grown man with a big mouth.

Common folk shocked that a fight broke out.... at a fight. We cant have fighting like this! Not at the fight. Its sanctioned and holy. *****. If you go to fights/smokers there are quite often scuffles between camps/clicks.

What some don't get is that it doesn't matter if this is business, Khabib comes from a culture where you defend your honor and family's honor. No money in the WORLD can replace that honor.

People KILL in those cultures for honor. You insult someone's religion or talk smack about their mama or call a dude's sister a loose goosey.. . There will be blood or death and it is eye for an eye. It's that tribal mentality. You also cannot insult their religion. You don't touch that. They die for their religion.

You don't defend you're honor, you are shamed.

McGregor and his team got what's coming for them.

People from Dagestan went through brutal wars and oppression from Russia so I would not be surprised if Khabib grew up with that war mentality.

The fight was like one of those youtube prank videos where the prankster runs into the wrong guy and gets his *** beat

@ :24 you can see Danis on the right side of the screen motion to Khabib to "come on."

Then when Conor is on top of the octagon he throws a cheap shot at one of Khabib's corner men

had no idea conor suckered that dude on top of the cage :smh:
tbh in the moment you see this guy heading towards your coaches, you're gonna try and stop them any way you can. Conor wasn't in a position to square up with him

I understand why he did it

Btw, the guy really wanted to hold on to that afro hat, he didn't let it go even as he was in the middle of fighting

Over reactions have been crazy.
People that think this is human cock fighting were never coming around anyway, so the optics matter not.

I dont think either of these guys are good people but i dont expect them to be .

As long as 2 fighters tried reasonably hard to hurt each other, the rest of the shenanigans are just that.

Ppv was fun and i thought furgeson was hilarious in the post fight presser.

Were people going ham like this when mcgregor jumped out the cage and ran up to Aldo and his family when Aldo was spectating

Were people going ham like this when mcgregor jumped out the cage and ran up to Aldo and his family when Aldo was spectating

Conor literally pulled a security guard in front of him before he started acting crazy :lol:. Disrespectful, but all for show in an attempt to sell tickets, he wasn’t gonna touch Aldo.

Khabib on the other hand was whippin *** in and out of the cage :lol:

Can’t say I’m mad at him tho, especially after the precedent that’s been set. Seems like crossing lines don’t matter to Dana if it sells tickets, Khabib just made himself a bigger draw last night

Just a tad different :lol:
I get the fighting is different of course but to me it’s kinda the same. Aldo had nothing to do with that fight and people thought it was “cool”. The UFC needs Conor cause he helped keep them afloat but I also feel like he ruined the UFC

I agree, in the long run, Khabib did more for his stock than hurt it. Even though I don't think he meant to improve his stock nor does he care about it

I get the fighting is different of course but to me it’s kinda the same. Aldo had nothing to do with that fight and people thought it was “cool”. The UFC needs Conor cause he helped keep them afloat but I also feel like he ruined the UFC
Ruined the UFC in terms of how we perceive it as fans, or ruining the actual company? Because Conor did more for the UFC than anyone outside of the founders

In terms of the "sanctity" and "purity" of the sport, yeah that definitely took a hit. You see weird fights being made, interim belts etc. etc. probably stems in some way from Conor

On the flip side, fighters are getting paid way more because of Conor and he got them the new ownership deal which led to the ESPN deal which led to more and more cards being created which led to more and more fighters getting opportunity

One could argue that more cards is "ruining" the sport (UFC) though, I guess

Well that part yes Conor made the UFC more of a household brand and brought in hella money I’m not arguing that but ruined as in terms of like interm belts, all the shenanigans, him getting that second title and never having a title defense. Money talks so I guess I’m just ranting

Reactions: OTG
People forgetting that the attack on Artem is really what started this ... Khabib showing his weak mindedness by getting bent out of shape ...
Khabib more so showed that he lives by a certain code and things you say might not go unpunished. I didn't have an issue with what he did to Artem and I didn't have an issue with how Conor's crew wanted to retaliate, I don't agree with how they did so

Don't think he's weak minded, more so that he's strong willed and about that life

Dana just keeping his options open in case Nevada decides to lay the hammer down. It'll be an interesting case study on whatever Nevada rules and also how Dana proceeds

Dana distancing himself from Khabib isn't surprising at all. He did the same exact thing for his golden goose Conor after the bus attack, condemning Conor and using strong language. I actually almost believed that he was "disgusted" with Conor, but we all saw how that went. He's just trying to protect the company at the moment

If Dana thinks he can make money off Khabib all will be forgiven, but again, it'll be interesting to see what Dana truly feels about him

Back
Top Bottom