The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

i'm just so glad the people got to see the truth in what i've been saying about the man for two years now; he ain't the demigod he's been made out to be the ufc crafted his path. the aldo win is ATG status but struggling against 2 week notice mendes is iffy and losing to diaz even more so... you can't go life or death with diaz and be the top dog. eddie alvarez is a quality win but i've watched him for years and never rated him highly, even after that fluke win over RDA. it was obvious the ufc rushed eddie into that title fight because it's a favorable style matchup for conor so we missed out on him earning a TS like everyone else. tbh i always had doubts on if that 'death touch' power really carries to lw or if he's even top 5 material...
of course with the ufc/media machine behind him controlling his entire narrative, favorable matchups, and unparalleled hype the truth of the matter about how he got in this position got forgotten in favor of the 'champ champ' being allowed to hold up a division for 2 years for some BS that they'd never let anyone else get away with. instead of sticking around to defend against contenders he was already planning a diaz rematch or WW title shot because he had no interest in Tony nor GSP. how the **** does that work when he's hardly proven **** at 155?
what other champs are allowed to **** up events they aren't a part of, get hand-picked matchups, the opportunity to consistently not defend, and still get automatic title shots at a different weight because the company has an angle to push? who else had the boss (other than ronda) literally salivating over him and obviously rooting for him leading up to the fight? the leeway they allowed him was disgusting. fortunately the truth prevailed.

i'm just so glad the people got to see the truth in what i've been saying about the man for two years now; he ain't the demigod he's been made out to be the ufc crafted his path. the aldo win is ATG status but struggling against 2 week notice mendes is iffy and losing to diaz even more so... you can't go life or death with diaz and be the top dog. eddie alvarez is a quality win but i've watched him for years and never rated him highly, even after that fluke win over RDA. it was obvious the ufc rushed eddie into that title fight because it's a favorable style matchup for conor so we missed out on him earning a TS like everyone else. tbh i always had doubts on if that 'death touch' power really carries to lw or if he's even top 5 material...
of course with the ufc/media machine behind him controlling his entire narrative, favorable matchups, and unparalleled hype the truth of the matter about how he got in this position got forgotten in favor of the 'champ champ' being allowed to hold up a division for 2 years for some BS that they'd never let anyone else get away with. instead of sticking around to defend against contenders he was already planning a diaz rematch or WW title shot because he had no interest in Tony nor GSP. how the **** does that work when he's hardly proven **** at 155?
what other champs are allowed to **** up events they aren't a part of, get hand-picked matchups, the opportunity to consistently not defend, and still get automatic title shots at a different weight because the company has an angle to push? who else had the boss (other than ronda) literally salivating over him and co-signing his every move? the leeway they allowed him was disgusting. fortunately the truth prevailed.
Was waiting for a post like this :lol:

i been watching this **** too long man these dudes come and go... the game don't wait on one man. they might have had the lemmings fooled with his farce hook, line, and sinker but i ain't going. :lol:

We get it. You hate him. :lol:
and you love him so i'm sure you see it that way. i'm just letting folks know the truth that the company, new fans, even old ones got caught up in the hype/blatant favoritism and **** was unbearable.

Last edited:
Its BS they are holding Khabib's check. Imagine the uproar Conor's camp would have if they did that to him.

Hoping this gets resolved, Khabib doesn't retire and we finally get the Khabib-Ferguson fight. I know that's a lot to ask but one can dream lol.

I said that jumping out the cage was some stupid **** and he was gon get punished. Bruh will have had one of the biggest comes ups and downs in recent memory if he gets a large fine

Last edited:
Its BS they are holding Khabib's check. Imagine the uproar Conor's camp would have if they did that to him.

Hoping this gets resolved, Khabib doesn't retire and we finally get the Khabib-Ferguson fight. I know that's a lot to ask but one can dream lol.

They're holding Conor's purse too

This is #1 BS

nate and dustin cannot seriously be the main event for 230.......

any talks about who gonna be fighting on the main event?

they're just trying to figure out how much to fine khabib before releasing his check? if they give it to him now, he could just skip on the fine if he decided to retire

The one thing I’ll give McGregor is he’s the ultimate risk taker. To be great or win big, you have to take risks.

You can look at Floyd. We all know he fought safe. And he wisely chose his opponents.

MMA, due to the organizational matchmaking, you can’t quite do that unless you’re Bellator with MVP, Pico, etc.

I was talking to my friend. I feel with the criticisms. Conor took the Ronda R route. He stuck with his day one, SBG. The same lame sparring partners, Artem, Dani’s, etc. Same coaching.

Khabib is a sambo master. AND he trains with a pedigree gym AKA. Off the top of my head, they’ve had two HW, one LW, one LHW and one MW champion. Javier Mendes knows what he’s doing. Plus it doesn’t hurt that Khabib has insane grappling and G’n’P.

I’m glad Vince posted TJ. He or GSP are the models. They try to grow as martial artists. TJ was clearly a wrestler. Bang improved his striking significantly. But he hasn’t stopped progressing. Dude is training with a P4P boxer improving his boxing.

GSP surrounds himself with A1 coaching. Zihabi, Roach, Gracie, etc. It’s scientific and strategic.

Even Tyron moonlights between ATT, Roofus, etc.

Conor can keep SBG/Kavanaugh but he needs to venture out if he’s ever going to be able to compete with WWs and top LWs.

Cool that the haymaker works for Black Beast but in a class with actual skill, hungry and young contenders that doesn’t work.

Last edited:
:rofl: the mcgregor era is over! stay salty my friends.

Last edited:
i’m not even bringing up him throwing water bottles and jeopardizing the audience when he could have just walked off stage, or punching nate’s hand in the face off or doing the same to khabib on their face off. c’mon man some of you guys gotta be in love with conor or really hate muslims.

I over heard someone at the bar say "I'm just rooting for McGregor because Khabib is a Muslim."

I said to myself did I just really hear that? Dude said it so nonchalantly to his boys.

So real talk.

Post Mayweather. Some folks actually thought Conor was giving Floyd a run for his money. When it was clear he was rope a doping him (ironic with the Irish Fellas love of Ali).

Round Three. Khabib literally stood up with him. No ducks given. Conor won that round. The judges had round one 10-9, round two 10-8. And we know how round 4 went. The judges gave round three to Conor 10-9. But was it more a situation of Khabib just resting?

Too early to make declarations about Conor's training. If he gets dominated again, sure

His ground defense was actually solid, nobody has Khabib's tenacity and technique down there

I over heard someone at the bar say "I'm just rooting for McGregor because Khabib is a Muslim."

I said to myself did I just really hear that? Dude said it so nonchalantly to his boys.

Any fighting sport brings out the tribalism in people. I think some people would be surprised at how many Russians were rooting against khabib

So real talk.

Post Mayweather. Some folks actually thought Conor was giving Floyd a run for his money. When it was clear he was rope a doping him (ironic with the Irish Fellas love of Ali).

Round Three. Khabib literally stood up with him. No ducks given. Conor won that round. The judges had round one 10-9, round two 10-8. And we know how round 4 went. The judges gave round three to Conor 10-9. But was it more a situation of Khabib just resting?

Nah he just wanted to embarrass him. He didn’t stand or even want to drink water. Khabib’s cardio insane.

So...with his millions of dollars. He shouldn’t be training with world class wrestlers, strikers, etc? He shouldn’t have the best coaching?

I’m supposed to believe Dillion Danis is world class? The cat in One (GaryT) is better (better striking, better attitude).

George has Freddie Roach, Danaher and Zihabi. He flies out top talent to train for opponents.

Ronda was dumb. One she wasn’t humble in loss. And she stuck with Edward way too long instead of leveling up.

So...with his millions of dollars. He shouldn’t be training with world class wrestlers, strikers, etc? He shouldn’t have the best coaching?

I’m supposed to believe Dillion Danis is world class? The cat in One (GaryT) is better (better striking, better attitude).

George has Freddie Roach, Danaher and Zihabi. He flies out top talent to train for opponents.

Ronda was dumb. One she wasn’t humble in loss. And she stuck with Edward way too long instead of leveling up.
Nobody said he “shouldn’t”. I’m saying it’s too early to make declarations

Khabib is one of the greatest to do it, nobody else has his style and mix of skills

Khabib is just light years above everyone else in that division in terms of grappling, GnP..

Conors L hand was his only chance. That was easy work from khabib. He didn't let Conor get to any rhythm. And took him down asap.

Back
Top Bottom