The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

145 is still pretty good, just in transition

Volkanowski is legit
Moicano was beating Ortega before randomly going for a takedown right into a choke
Zombie was beating Yair before foolishly letting his guard down at the last second
Bektic, Yair and Zabit coming

Still have the old guard staying competitive in Mendes, Aldo, Stephens and Frankie

Would like to hope Korean Superboy is OK

As much hate as Tony gets, and as basura his trash talking is. I give him propa for trying to get the biggest and hardest fights out there.

I wouldnt mind seeing it ....

But rather see Tony Vs Kah and Max vs Connor first.

they need to do away with the interim BS
also, so sad to see fighters still begging for that fight bonus. ufc stays filling their pockets and fighters putting their asses on the line and making scraps

Well the LW title went from someone who wasn't fighting in MMA for over a year to someone who legit fights at most twice a year

Want to see the aftermath pics of brazilian cowboy’s face. That cut was insane.
alex_oliveira.jpg

Max vs Tony would be insane. Max been my favorite fighter for a minute now and I was nervous as f he was gonna have trouble with Ortega.

Brazilian cowboy is a psycho

Also I'd love to see Max vs. Nate. I think Nate would be a great intro to 155 because he probably won't go for a takedown. Easily fight of the night if they set that up. Would be interesting to see how Max deals with a bigger guy with just as good of a chin (if not better) and great boxing too. If it was up to me that'd be the fight to make for Max. And I'm sure Nate would take it too, **** he was about to fight Poirier, a Max fight is way bigger than that.

UNLESS Conor is available. If that rematch is out there then that should definitely be Max's #1 choice.

MMA this weekend :wow::pimp:

Friday

Bellator 212 in Hawaii
Lightweight Brent Primus (c) vs. Michael Chandler [a]
Heavyweight Frank Mir vs. Javy Ayala
Featherweight A.J. McKee vs. Daniel Crawford
Featherweight Derek Campos vs. Sam Sicilia
Women's Flyweight Alejandra Lara vs. Juliana Velasquez

Saturday

Bellator 213 in Hawaii
Women's Flyweight Ilima-Lei Macfarlane (c) vs. Valérie Létourneau [a]
Middleweight Lyoto Machida vs. Rafael Carvalho
Welterweight Neiman Gracie vs. Ed Ruth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_MMA_in_2018#cite_note-97
Light Heavyweight Muhammad Lawal vs. Liam McGeary
Lightweight Kona Oliveira vs. Nainoa Dung

UFC on Fox (the last ever UFC card on FOX)

Lightweight Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta
Lightweight Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker
Bantamweight Rob Font vs. Sergio Pettis
Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira

Reactions: OTG
What a washing. Peeps gassed up Ortega too much. Put some respek :pimp:

Agreed. No respect. Freaking doubters. Max has been picking these dudes apart. Swanson, Pettis, Aldo, T City, etc. That kids hands, pressure, volume is insane. I look forward to his fights. Ferguson would be an awesome fight. Justin G would be a destruction derby. A rematch with Porier or McGregor. And the Khabib.

Max still has work he can do at FW if he wants. Mendes, Edgar, Moicano (sp), etc.

JJ is sort of in limbo like Holly Holm. Lost championship in her division and tried to parlay gold at a higher division and failed.

plenty of quality scraps to close out the year. rizin just announced they're running two cards for NYE, too. :pimp:

People didn’t gas ortega up to much. Guy is a beast and has a ton of heart. Too much of a trend to downplay how good a guy is after losing to a champ and better fighter. Same thing was said about darren till. Max is that good and his striking is so damn good.

Wonder how messed up his nose is. We see with rory and pennington it’s a constant issue now.

I honestly thought he fractured his orbital more than anything, surprised it was only a broken nose

Nah y’all gassed Ortega in here something serious. Who was it that posted the stats showing Ortega was losing most of his fights until he choked his opponents out?

This time last week it was a forgone conclusion that Max wasn’t going to make it to the acale & Ortega would be crowned champion.

It's Monday morning and I'm still amazed and the beat down that Max gave Ortega. He beat the literal dog **** out of him.

That left jab- left jab-right cross combo was hitting all damn night.

I must admit I fell into the Ortega hype after the Frankie fight. I was still rooting for Max but thought Ortega was gonna pull off a submission late into the fight...

How is pointing out that Ortega has been losing in his recent fights before getting comeback wins gassing him up

If anything that’s pointing out that he definitely has flaws and that he isn’t dominating :lol:

How is pointing out that Ortega has been losing in his recent fights before getting comeback wins gassing him up

If anything that’s pointing out that he definitely has flaws and that he isn’t dominating :lol:

That was my point. I just didn’t want to dig up the quotation to support my belief that he gassed up.

Y’all were loving Ortega and let that stoppage of Frankie Edgar make him seem like a world beater.

That was my point. I just didn’t want to dig up the quotation to support my belief that he gassed up.

Y’all were loving Ortega and let that stoppage of Frankie Edgar make him seem like a world beater.
No you’re just going out of your way to make things up. Pointing out that Ortega’s been losing is the opposite of gassing him up

You also seem to not separate the difference between the doubt of max’s health/ability to weight cut and his actual skill set

Doubting his health was completely reasonable since doctors still don’t even know what was wrong with him the last time. Let alone that he tried to cut weight on 6 days notice against khabib when many say that max is bigger than khabib

It’s as if you don’t really read what gets posted in here. But sure let’s go with “I’m making things up”

BET THE HOUSE ON T-CITY
Max is my guy but it was a tough fight from the start but he just doomed himself smh

Rooting like mad for Holloway but this will be a tough one.

I think Ortega will grab max’s neck the second he sees an opening and finish him similar to cub.

Never seen Max fight anyone with a good ground game or be tested on the mat

Have a bad feeling the main event for 231. Not sure max will make it. Just a gut feeling

Ortega is legit enough as is, and all the extra outside the ring stuff really isn't doing Max any favors. Mentally I don't know if he's gonna be the same guy we've been seeing. But I guess we'll see Saturday

all you guys pickin t sizzle got me reevaluating... you know its been a longgg time since max was all the way right. i havent heard him call himself maxy baby in years. maybe all the cuts and cte are taking their toll. we know them islanders like to beat the piss out of eachother for fun in sparring. hmmm. rewatched max and jose 1 n 2 and max was so GD hittable. i dont know anymore i dont knowww

Back
Top Bottom