The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

If Colby beats Lawler theres no doubt in my mind hes not getting a shot Haha his time has passed. Usman being out kinda killed his whole buzz.

No one really care what happens to him and theres a buncha killers at the top of that division. Outta sight outta mind

Imagine being able to say you cheap shotted bj Penn in a street fight

Penns homies didn’t even attack that dude probably knowing Penn was just ****ing up his life

Askren Askren'ing

“I get that Paulie retired, but he was a world champion. Now Artem, I went back to his record to make sure he was as bad as I remember him being. The fact is he’s as bad as I remember him being. He stinks. And this wasn’t like he did MMA and had great standup but struggled on the ground, or always got taken down. Or had great hands but couldn’t deal with the kicks. It wasn’t anything like that. It was like he was a very average mixed martial artist. Average, that might even be getting a little too much.

“So how can a guy like that, who’s not even great at standup in mixed martial arts, go to beat a guy who was a world champion in boxing? And the answer to me seems that people who box must just not be that good at boxing.”

199992D0-5FBD-4E36-9FB7-BE6D1D9FE0A6.png

BJ Penn’s wiki :lol:

BJ smh. As a big fan it sucks to see him doing these dumb things and if his ex's claims are true.... man. He should have retired after the Nick or Rory losses.

Came from a rich family and is now a retired, bored fighter. Not surprised he gets in trouble.

Apparently BJ grew up street fighting in Hawaii. I guess this is just more of the same. Sad to see this guys legacy kinda go down the drain tho, dude was goat conversation level for his era when he was on his game.

Apparently BJ grew up street fighting in Hawaii. I guess this is just more of the same. Sad to see this guys legacy kinda go down the drain tho, dude was goat conversation level for his era when he was on his game.

knew this one chick back in the days (early 2000s) and she would rock these bj penn shirts and i was like who the heck is he? she was saying he's a legend out in hawaii and up and coming fighter.

that video was disturbing. his boys probably so used to that ****

Last edited:
I have a friend who grew up near Honolulu and said after school scraps were basically the norm out there. If you got called out and didn't want to fight you were pretty much a b from then on.

I think Max Holloway also got in his share of brawls in his youth.

Hawaii like any hood where doods is always down to scrap...

but the difference from out here to say somewhere like oakland......is that EVERYONE trains out here lol its ridiculous, the average joe has a blue belt and sound boxing fundamentals :lol:

hawaiians take pride in having that fighting spirit, very similar to mexicans

They teaming up

”Just keeping it real,” Jon Jones wrote. “Would be honored to train with you leading up to your fight. Let’s get you more than ready!”

The news come shortly after ‘Bones’ complimented Whittaker in a recent interview calling him the ‘real deal’ and ‘a stand-up guy’, this while adding that he can’t wait to see Robert ‘stomp a mudhole’ in the face of Israel Adesanya.

This dude Eryk Anders dead *** fights four times a year, every year. Three-fight losing streak though. Unfortunately looks like "Mamute" will take one of his limbs this weekend.

Hawaii like any hood where doods is always down to scrap...

but the difference from out here to say somewhere like oakland......is that EVERYONE trains out here lol its ridiculous, the average joe has a blue belt and sound boxing fundamentals :lol:

hawaiians take pride in having that fighting spirit, very similar to mexicans

One of the instructors at my son's MT spot (Ajarn Phil Nurse's place) said the locals would always try to test him when he was out and about there.

I hear the same from guys from the "mainland" who go there to surf.

One of the instructors at my son's MT spot (Ajarn Phil Nurse's place) said the locals would always try to test him when he was out and about there.

I hear the same from guys from the "mainland" who go there to surf.

Yeah....my boss just came back from Hawaii and told me that is how it can be when he goes surfing. Surfing in general can be very territorial and it doesn't help when you are white (which my boss is) and from California. He said one time he got into some crap with a local and he didn't even try to reason with him. Just told him he wanted to box when he got on the beach.

Who y'all got tomorrow? I think Ngannou catches JDS early for the KO, JDS seems to have lost a few steps but is still dangerous. If Ngannou wins and then DC takes out Stipe again I wonder if DC stays on for one last fight (though I don't know he wants to fight Ngannou as it's not the huge money fight).

Free UFC card tonight on ESPN. Don't really care for many of the fights, but I want to see the black belt Anthony Rocco Martin. Good test against Maia

Martin has started training with American Top Team and he might just be on the way up to fighting some of his teammates

Woof ref was tryna let Anders catch a body...

Here's an idea when the 185 pounders and up are taking undefended shots... u should stop the fight immediately haha

Back
Top Bottom