The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Everyone loves a good redemption story.... seems like Francis lived his whole life believing he was the baddest MFer alive then he ran into Stipe and was like WTF... he was kinda mentally broken for a minute. His statements before the Lewis fight and obviously that fight itself made it apparent he was goin thru some things. To find himself again and come out the side seemingly even better is scary.

He had 0 tools in the toolbox for Stipe, I dont see that being the case the 2nd go around. Stipe will still be a much better all around fighter but I think Francis has so much more understanding now of how and when to utilize his poower. He def blew his was in the first 2 minutes of that Stipe fight and to his credit would not allow himself to be finished

Went to the fights last night. First live UFC event ever for me. Super fun and a great card. Nice knockouts and grappling. The Maia fight was the only boring one imo.
Bought nose bleed tickets and went down to the first row of the lower section. :pimp:
Juan Adams sat right behind me. My boy asked me to take the photo of them and like a dumb *** I didn't get one for myself.

Last edited:
He had 0 tools in the toolbox for Stipe, I dont see that being the case the 2nd go around. Stipe will still be a much better all around fighter but I think Francis has so much more understanding now of how and when to utilize his poower. He def blew his was in the first 2 minutes of that Stipe fight and to his credit would not allow himself to be finished

Devils advocate hat. DC TKO’d Stipe. DC doesn’t have a Mike Tyson reputation (his hands are actually underrated). DC has an Olympic wrestling base. DC and Stipe seem to be worlds apart in skill from the rest of the division. It just seems shallow without Brock, Mr Rousey, Big Nog, Randy Couture, etc.

Francis is leaner. He obviously riding a three fight win streak where’s he’s knocked out his opponent quickly. That’s one of the detriments and benefits of fighting at HW. Flash KOs. But I don’t know if he has the skills to avenge his loss to Stipe. It’s been less than a year and a half. The Black Beast fight cemented his lack of versatility. However his next fight will be his next big test. There’s no other fight out there besides a rematch with Lewis.

Devils advocate hat. DC TKO’d Stipe. DC doesn’t have a Mike Tyson reputation (his hands are actually underrated). DC has an Olympic wrestling base. DC and Stipe seem to be worlds apart in skill from the rest of the division. It just seems shallow without Brock, Mr Rousey, Big Nog, Randy Couture, etc.

Francis is leaner. He obviously riding a three fight win streak where’s he’s knocked out his opponent quickly. That’s one of the detriments and benefits of fighting at HW. Flash KOs. But I don’t know if he has the skills to avenge his loss to Stipe. It’s been less than a year and a half. The Black Beast fight cemented his lack of versatility. However his next fight will be his next big test. There’s no other fight out there besides a rematch with Lewis.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a title shot next. I know he lost to him previously but fighting Lewis is a step down considering JDS beat him.

Back
Top Bottom