The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

DC is cursed at Honda center. 0-2 in title fights lol

Crazy how both boxers and MMA fighters don’t take advantage of the body. Both Diaz and Stipe were wide open in the torso, but Pettis and DC didn’t take advantage. Don’t care how hard or ripped your abodomen is them body shots add up.

Stipe really Rocky Balboa'd him

**** was like a movie with the body shots.

I was wondering why Stipe's boxing was so trash first 3 rds

DC was on 3 fight win streak at HW. he hasn't been at LHW since the jones fight in 2017. he even mentioned how cutting weight is effecting him more as he ages.

You're right I'm buggin, the Jones loss was two years ago :lol:

I still think this is the end for him though. If he can't beat Stipe and he's not gonna cut down for Jones, think it's time to call it a day

That was the craziest/quickest strategy switch late in a fight I can recall. Those body shots after headhunting all night had DC dropping his hands, then Stipe rushed in for the kill. Not even a Stipe fan but that was beautfiul.

You're right I'm buggin, the Jones loss was two years ago :lol:

I still think this is the end for him though. If he can't beat Stipe and he's not gonna cut down for Jones, think it's time to call it a day

he could still cash out with one more stipe fight. not sure if both ready to run it back in 6 months
hate to see a fighter stay longer than they should. rather retire a fight early than a fight late. don't want to see DC go out like bj penn or some other guys that should've hung it up
i think he's smart enough to realize that he has a career already set outside of the ring

Stipe the best HW of all time? WTF???

*UFC heavyweight

He's got some names on his resume, and almost all wins by KO. UFC heavyweight division has been historically bunz so I'm not too mad at that

Fedor still the greatest heavyweight for the time being though

Bones might as well move up, man...

Ain’t nobody tryna fork over 70 bucks for Bones/Blachovicz in Dec. UFC really needed Ralph Lauren Rockhold to pull out that W in his last one.

Jones scared of the big boys, he's not moving up.

Man barely got by Thiago Santos. He's gonna need some more picograms for Stipe

Stipe did well to change it up with the body shots but let someone like Ngannou nail you with shots in the early rounds would be fatal.

Stipe did well to change it up with the body shots but let someone like Ngannou nail you with shots in the early rounds would be fatal.
Their first fight, Ngannou was dominated for 25 minutes, I think Francis absorbed the most strikes or something in history. Francis learned a lot since then but Stipe's wrestling would be much more apparent than tonight

I'd like to see them rematch for sure

Nobody was respecting Stipe in here this week. Extremes on both sides

Don’t mean to call you out but I remember you and I had an argument about Stipe. You felt Ngannou should have been ranked higher than Stipe I think? And that made no sense to me. Stipe deserved nothing less than a rematch and proved it. You disagreed.

Back
Top Bottom