The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I was wondering how things would play out with Colby/Usman because Jorge been talking about that money this whole time and Jorge/Nate is going to generate more revenue but how do you pay guys more for a #1 contender fight than you do for a title fight?

Khabib is fighting again in less than 1 year of his last match, yet there was an interim belt given out :lol:

In one of the commercial promos for the fight, the voiceover talked about khabib’s I think it was 6 month suspension and said it’s one of those situations where an interim belt absolutely needed to be made.Made me laugh. They make interim belts if the champ needs a month to heal from an injury.

Khabib is fighting again in less than 1 year of his last match, yet there was an interim belt given out :lol:
remember, there was a lot of confusion on if Khabib was even going to come back after the brawl and the suspensions given to his team. UFC needed to make a belt for 1) backup if he didnt return 2) Obviously money and bankroll

remember, there was a lot of confusion on if Khabib was even going to come back after the brawl and the suspensions given to his team. UFC needed to make a belt for 1) backup if he didnt return 2) Obviously money and bankroll
I mean, it’s not a big deal but they could have easily waited for things to play out. If he ended up being out for over a year then sure, create an interim

I mean, it’s not a big deal but they could have easily waited for things to play out. If he ended up being out for over a year then sure, create an interim
Nah. They forced his move. They made the mistake before with Connor. Let the man be bigger than the sport. Lost control, and we all know how that’s been playing out.

Just to be clear, I’m not saying the ufc made some mistake by doing an interim fight I just found it funny. They have their reasons I can just look at it in a vacuum

They didn’t make any mistake with Conor. They sold the company for billions in large part to Conor’s rise

What a snooze fest .... call me a weekend warrior but this card is terrible.

In addition, you'd think Abu Dhabi with all that wealth would have a cool state of the art and cool stadium.

What a snooze fest .... call me a weekend warrior but this card is terrible.

In addition, you'd think Abu Dhabi with all that wealth would have a cool state of the art and cool stadium.
Not watching but I'm guessing the Barboza-Felder rematch didn't deliver.

It also surprises me there is no stationary arena in Abu Dhabi designed for big sporting events and concerts. Dont get why they have to build a special arena for just this event. I understand they have plenty of money in that country but wouldn't they stand to profit more with an existing state of the art arena??

Had Barbosa winning that, must be scary facing someone like him launching leg kicks at ridiculous speed.

Couldn’t be more wrong about the Felder Barboza fight not delivering. That was a war. I wouldn’t have been mad at a draw. I feel it should have been a 29-28 split decision. Don’t know where those 30-27 scores came from on either side.

Dustin being interim champ is stupid because interim titles are generally stupid. I’m okay with it because he got paid and deserved to get paid. Khabib is the only champ here tonight until this fight is over. Then we’ll see who holds the real title.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom