The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Well I guess it’s time to move the whole card to LA or Vegas or wherever Nate will get cleared like they did with Jones

Also Brock Lesnar fought Mark Hunt a week and some change after testing positive for steroids

Also Vitor had elevated T levels in a blood test weeks before the Jones fight and the UFC kept it hush and pushed the fight through.

And it’s not MMA, and not in the US, but Dillian Whyte got privately informed that he failed his drug test three days before he was scheduled to fight and still got cleared. BTW, his opponent wasn’t notified.

It’s not like there’s not a precedent of dudes popping and still fighting. The whole reason they told Nate to keep it hush was so they could find a way to finesse it and still have the fight go through. But actually him putting it out there might have been for the best, the public opinion seems to be that everyone believes him, so the only thing in the way now is an athletic commission signing off.

There’s alot of money on the line with this fight, they put a lot into the promotion, I’m thinking they’re gonna get this done one way or another

He’s not completely cleared either, it’s up in the air at the moment.

He got ahead of the story though, which was smart

Idk I mean he essentially did last until the third with Tony. I don’t think a returning Conor would put him away quicker.
Isn't that the fight where he decided to blow his bloody nose (something everyone is aware NOT to do) and his eye ballooned up and they stopped the fight?

He lasted true, but my only rebuttal is Tony doesn't really knock people out he makes them loose a lot of blood and take a beating. Cowboy was taking a beating for 10min before he Little Boy Blue his nose.

He’s not completely cleared either, it’s up in the air at the moment.

He got ahead of the story though, which was smart

Very important to do if you're going to play the 'they need to clear my name' angle that he is.

Not sure what to believe yet. This is his first PED infraction and it looks fishy that they were trying to push it out after the fight.
But at the same time I can understand why they would play that angle. This fight has been heavily promoted and one of the most hyped fights of the year

Dana gotta be running around behind the scenes right now trying to figure out how to save this card

Nobody from USada or UFC even spoke on it... shoulda told you all you needed to know. Not to mention USAda would be jobless without their UFC contract. They serve the UFC not the other way around. It's why brock coming back was even a possibility and why jones 2 years suspension turned into nothing.

dear god is dontrelle mayes tough AF.

he fought an Ngannou with real kickboxing acumen in Gane and jus walked through litteral explosions. His spleen should be ruptured and his orbitals broken but he stayed right there and intelligently defended until the heel hook.

Gane will be a star but this better get Mayes some paydays. HEART

Back
Top Bottom