The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Vincent did you watch Chaels video on the Giles controversy? He basically says they all know all the judges, this was a little extra but at then end of the day these people are staying at the same hotels, same media events etc. Etc. Biases abound

Didn’t catch Chaels takes yet but from the report that doesn’t surprise me.

Other pods brought up the iaquinta vs masvidal fight, the one judge had a beef with Serra and longo and had the outlier score card of 30-27 Jorge

It’s crazy. If personal beefs are coming into the outcome, then that’s bs. There should be a checks and balance to the system.

Hate to say it. But the only fair thing would be artificial intelligence, machine learning to do the judging.

I love basketball. And the human factor can affect fouling, goal tending, etc. But the score is the score. And the teams know where they stand.

You can’t score more points and lose a game.

No point system

Judges would render a decision based off the TOTAL fight not by round, taking into consideration damage done, damage received, control, pace and aggression.

For example in pride, jon would have cleary beat reyes seeying as reyes was slowing down substantially in the the 4th and 5th and jon was still on the gas. It wouldn’t have been about who won what round, it would be about who finished the fight better.

Kinda like kavenaugh said, if that fight were to the death jones would have won, pride fights were more based off that idea; who is the last man standing.

I’ve always preferred judging the overall fight rather than round by round. Logically it’s a much more sound way to justify who won

Now I don’t agree with Kavanagh, in a scenario where it’s fight to the death. I prefer for matches to have time constraints and these matches aren’t built around untimed rounds

Otherwise there would be stalling and all sorts other non fan friendly tactics used by fighters. The time constraints protect against that

I’ve always preferred judging the overall fight rather than round by round. Logically it’s a much more sound way to justify who won

Now I don’t agree with Kavanagh, in a scenario where it’s fight to the death. I prefer for matches to have time constraints and these matches aren’t built around untimed rounds

Otherwise there would be stalling and all sorts other non fan friendly tactics used by fighters. The time constraints protect against that
word.

yeah I think what kavenaugh was saying was, in a REAL FIGHT with no judges, no time, no rules (which essentially what a real fight is) it’s pretty clear who was winning/going to win that fight, reyes was shot.

but for SPORT of course you need peramiters.

pride scored their fights more like a real fight opposed to sport.

word.

yeah I think what kavenaugh was saying was, in a REAL FIGHT with no judges, no time, no rules (which essentially what a real fight is) it’s pretty clear who was winning/going to win that fight, reyes was shot.

but for SPORT of course you need peramiters.

pride scored their fights more like a real fight opposed to sport.
Agreed on those. The distinction between gladiator death match and mma needs to be made

In a fight to the death, Reyes might not use all of his gas tank in the first 3 rounds and conserve more, so you can’t judge that match through any other prism

Well put.

yeah i think scoring is the last major improvement the UFC needs to make in order optimize their “product”

It would probably make for more exciting fights too

with skateboarding and 3v3 basketball being introduced into the olympics this year, it’s only a matter of time before MMA is introduced.

Gotta get the scoring system figured out first tho

Well boxing has been an olympic sport for some time but obviously easier to score. But that's not too say that sport has had numerous terrible judging decisions over the years. I hate all the different state commissions and the "non-unified" rules of MMA in the UFC. It seems in this day and age the UFC should be able to have its own unified commission no matter where fights take place.

The scoring system overall could use some tweaks to make it more clear who won the round if they choose to keep the 10 point system.

Yikes. Terrible look for Barnett when he and all his cronies have been complaining for years he got jobbed by a false positive

Didn’t understand that, what time is the Wilder-Fury fight actually popping off? :lol:

😂 The felder hooker actual fight will be around 9 pm eastern time

The fury wilder fight should take place after, so we should be able to watch the entire ufc card and the boxing main event

Other than the fight for the vacant flyweight title, the fight night card for next weekend doesn't look appealing.

Watching Rogan and the guys do the Fight Companion. Eddie Bravo is a guy I want to meet. Stoned to the gills not doing anything even though everyone is going crazy. Haha

Back
Top Bottom