The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

He’s got that supreme confidence in his standup since he a BJJ ace, he has ZERO worries about being taken down.

Remind me of Jacare a lil bit in that sense, but he mix it up alot better between those heavy leg kicks and heavy body kicks. He’s a real problem.

another big fight I’m excited for is HOOKER v POIRER

is there a date for that fight yet?

Yeah pretty similar to Jacare or even Werdum cause his strikings caught up to his BJJ.

I think target is July 18. Probably just waiting for travel restrictions to lift or the island to be ready before anything official.

You guys think Henry a striking Ace?

Just playing Devils advocate, it didn’t work with Alistair and Rumble. Or is it build this fighter who is already very solid, very good in this one discipline? Usman has a great wrestling base. Burns is a BJJ wizard.

More Devils advocate. Why doesn’t Burns just go down to LW? Goes after Khabib.

Just playing Devils advocate, it didn’t work with Alistair and Rumble. Or is it build this fighter who is already very solid, very good in this one discipline? Usman has a great wrestling base. Burns is a BJJ wizard.

Rumble's one of the best strikers in MMA, it's his cardio/heart that's in question. That wrestling gameplan in the second DC fight definitely didn't come from Hooft since they walked out on him as soon as that fight ended.

Is he really on the cusp? Honestly, Masvidal is the true #1 contender. Followed by Edwards (dude has won like 8 in a row lol).

I’m not trying to take anything away from Burns. But he SHOULD face Colby or WB. Then he can do his inter camp fight.

Striking as far as dutch KB yeahh BIG ACE

I would imagine as a coach and former fighter like hooft, he's definitely looking for guys with a good ground base...it just makes sense from a teaching stand point

but man Alistar one of the greatest strikers ever

Burns was doing well at LW before hooker took him out....prolly the cut

but man if he could make 55 again, that khabib fight could be somewhere down the line for him if he keep winning

Hooft is definitely an elite striking coach. He took 2 high level grapplers, shaping them to be all around top tier talent. Usmans striking is all fundamentals but his clinch work and foot movement to cut off and put pressure is high level. Burns striking looks more like a KB/DKB now. Man's had Woodley biting hard on his feints then rip him with a combo

Burns is absolutely on the cusp. Ariel and Okamoto both discussed this

Jorge seems to be having issues negotiating the title fight

Edwards literally is NEVER mentioned in getting a shot (even tho I’ve been beating the drum that he should)

Dern is a complete dumbass. Shining example of FOMO when it comes to social media hashtags.

1)she post a pic of the black cube with #AllLivesMatter
2)she edits her caption by removing the hashtag symbol
3)she reposts with Black Lives Matter
4) posts a picture of her baby 30 min later to get sympathy comments....right after posting a black cube which is meant to symbolize blacking out social media for the day

Dern is a complete dumbass. Shining example of FOMO when it comes to social media hashtags.

1)she post a pic of the black cube with #AllLivesMatter
2)she edits her caption by removing the hashtag symbol
3)she reposts with Black Lives Matter
4) posts a picture of her baby 30 min later to get sympathy comments....right after posting a black cube which is meant to symbolize blacking out social media for the day

I was wondering why she posted a picture of her baby after posting the blackout Tuesday

No doubt that Brazilian accent is fake

She’s one of the biggest 180’s I’ve ever seen. Came into the sport on a wave and a cant miss fan favorite. she lost me and a ton of fans quick lmao

overeem and anthony johnson are pretty damn good strikers. Dunno why they were mentioned as examples if hooft’s striking coaching has been bad.

Last edited:
Stipe to me always gave me All Lives Matter vibes but this was solid

EZi7FJqWsAExHtT

Rashad Evans saying that Usmans been training in Denver with Trevor Whitman for a while now. Says that he thinks Usman wants a more 1 on 1 type attention in training. Going to be real interesting if that Usman/Durhino fight happens.

Stipe a real one.

Rashad Evans saying that Usmans been training in Denver with Trevor Whitman for a while now. Says that he thinks Usman wants a more 1 on 1 type attention in training. Going to be real interesting if that Usman/Durhino fight happens.

Stipe a real one.
Wow. So I wonder if that means Usman would want Whitman to corner him and then Hooft could corner Burns :nerd:

idk how likely that would be though.. I mean if that actually happened, win or lose I don't see how Usman could go back and train with Hooft lol

Wow. So I wonder if that means Usman would want Whitman to corner him and then Hooft could corner Burns :nerd:

idk how likely that would be though.. I mean if that actually happened, win or lose I don't see how Usman could go back and train with Hooft lol

Lol yeah, I doubt he goes back to Hard Knocks now. I know he was helping Gaethje for his fight. He was saying Whitmans mind for the fight game is the best and he wanted to pick his brain a lot more.

Leon definitely bout to be left in the dust. They still got Tyron ranked higher than him after the L :lol: :smh:

I'd say if they can't get Usman/Masvidal done then Burns should be next in line. Edwards may be getting short end of the stick here but he needs to get one more impressive win against a high ranked guy like Colby or Wonderboy.

Lol yeah, I doubt he goes back to Hard Knocks now. I know he was helping Gaethje for his fight. He was saying Whitmans mind for the fight game is the best and he wanted to pick his brain a lot more.

Leon definitely bout to be left in the dust. They still got Tyron ranked higher than him after the L :lol: :smh:
Bro I just seen the updated rankings 😂

They really put

1. Burns
2. Colby
3. Jorge
4. Woodley
5. Edwards

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Burns I can understand and I already said he's on the cusp of a title shot... but how they put Colby ahead of Jorge and Woodley ahead of Edwards

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That June 13 Fight Night might be one of the worst cards on paper I've seen for some time. Eye and Calvillo as main event?!?!?! That fight is early prelim status at best.

WW rankings definitely not making lot of sense...

Back
Top Bottom