The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Have no idea why there has never been a push for Jorge vs Edwards. It's always been the fight to make even before the Jorge vs Colby beef

I have no interest in Nate Diaz. I am happy as hell he got his money but them trying to force a Jorge or Conor rematch is so cringe and unappealing

Let Woodley fight Colby finally

Have no idea why there has never been a push for Jorge vs Edwards.

You know why.

Nobody knows who Leon is and he's a great fighter, it's not worth the risk because Masvidal is white hot.

It's the same reason they haven't set up Masvidal/Usman.

That being said, we NEED a Masvidal fight immediately.

Guy had an insane 2019 and we're halfway thru 2020 and I haven't heard anything about him.

The UFC could easily sell Edwards/Masvidal. Show the clip, tear apart. Show some Jorge carnage.

That comment by Stipe was great.

And Zuffa positioning Burns for a title shot.

It would've happened already if that were the case, IMO.

Like you said, they have a history, still hasn't happened, :lol:

You know why.

Nobody knows who Leon is and he's a great fighter, it's not worth the risk because Masvidal is white hot.

It's the same reason they haven't set up Masvidal/Usman.

That being said, we NEED a Masvidal fight immediately.

Guy had an insane 2019 and we're halfway thru 2020 and I haven't heard anything about him.
Yeah it's sad that the fight never happened. They had to play the Ben Askren card and when the knee KO happened his name blasted into the stratosphere. Very unfortunate for Leon lol. Couldn't have gone any worse for him in terms of his stock

As far as Jorge vs Usman, Dana would do that fight but Jorge is definitely asking for fair price. Dana aint goin for it but Dana don't give a rat's *** about risking Jorge

Dana on what Conor should do:

“I think the best thing for him, I’m not saying this is what’s going to happen, but in my opinion, he lets this Gaethje-Khabib fight play out and he fights the winner,” White said on Eddie Hearn & Tony Bellow’s Talk The Talk podcast. “I think that’s the smartest move for him. But, you know him, maybe he wants to fight before that and if he does, we can figure something out. I think that is the move for him right now.”

Dana praying Gaethje smokes Khabib's boots. If I didn't know better it's like Conor's the champ waiting for his next challenger.

As soon as we went into this pandemic I didn't think Conor would be back until 2021 when we have crowds again.

That Justin vs Tony fight really threw a wrench into who Conor next opponent would be along with Jorge moving on too. I don't believe Conor really has a dance partner at the moment.

Make it happen

“They offered me that fight, I told them I’m in. I mean, I just don’t want to talk a lot about Colby because Colby is an actor, man. I know what he is doing and it makes sense and it’s kind of fun to watch,” Tyron Woodley said to ESPN. “But, at the end of the day, Colby has turned me down five or six times. After losing two fights back-to-back it may be a time he may accept it because he may think I’m down and out.

“That was the first thing they [UFC] did. They wanted to see if I was alright then they offered me the fight against Colby. I told Malki [Kawa] to make sure you tell them today, yes. Don’t wait until tomorrow, tell them today yes. I got a contusion I have to deal and I can’t fight anyway for 45-60 days because of the cut,” Woodley continued. “I’ve been icing six, seven times a day, ibuprofen, so I’ve been doing the right stuff. Fighting Colby right now is like fighting this race war. This brutality and just the unsettling climate of our culture. I’m just going to take it as that. So, they have offered me Colby and I once again have accepted and we will see what happen.”

Funny that cody trains somewhere else half the time now. A lot of their guys do but they don't get attacked like dillashaw.

If Cody loses again wouldn't be surprised if he and Justin Bucholz reunited.. regardless of what it might do to Cody's relationship with Uriah

He’s still relatively young, popular and an exciting fighter I don’t see them cutting him.
Is he still popular and exciting though? and will he still be if he loses again?
Also doesn't the ufc have a history of cutting people on a skid like this?

Is he still popular and exciting though? and will he still be if he loses again?
Also doesn't the ufc have a history of cutting people on a skid like this?

He’s a former champ and known name and his fights are pretty much all kill or be killed. They’ve kept guys like ellenberger around forever I think they’ll keep him unless he decided to call it quits. Three Ls in row doesn’t mean cut city like it used to.

They definitely tend to give former champs more of a break when it comes to them being released. Especially considering two of those losses were for the title. They might try to get Cody to drop down if he loses this Saturday though.

Back
Top Bottom