The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I’m dying at DCs story about tai tuivasa coming over to train. They were working out when CA shut down and they had to panic grocery shop. These two dudes man lol

Tony sounding crazy again today. He said he’s cutting weight again for Saturday

“wtf your problem Dana you don’t like brown people you don’t like Mexicans?”

said this right after he said he has no problems with Dana

sad man

his fam needs to have him under observation or checked out for mental illness.
His words and scattered ness reminds me a lot of a few unstable probably mentally disturbed people ive come across

This wasn’t the Diaz vibe of just being off the wall it was def something more imo

Ferguson and Perry. Biggest mentally sick fighters in the UFC.

And I’d bet on Gaethje but Khabib definitely has the advantage. Vince covered his strengths. Just seems unfair at this weight class. No one has N’Gannou (sp) power in LW.

Yeah. Wonder what the issue is. Did he refuse a fight?

And they literally removed the next legitimate contender for Usman. So it is Colby or Masvidal.

Would have to see the details of those “offered fights” and the circumstances before blaming Edwards

I will say a some point you just gotta take the best deal you can because in this new event every weekend era you’re not as nearly valuable as you think you are

Everyone can't be like gaethje and be able to only take fights where he can get a full camp.

Why fight #11, unranked guy or former interim champion coming off a loss when you were the rightful Number 1 Contender?

He just wants his title shot that he feels he's rightfully owed. I understand the logic.

Why fight #11, unranked guy or former interim champion coming off a loss when you were the rightful Number 1 Contender?

He just wants his title shot that he feels he's rightfully owed. I understand the logic.
What makes sense in reality isn't Dana's reality unfortunately. It's clear the UFC doesn't need Leon and I absolutely hate that that's fact. But it is. Thus he can literally be erased without consequence which is sickening

I've been calling for Leon to get his chance for probably over a year or more now ever since we debated who deserved a shot more between he and Jorge

With Burns, Colby and Jorge lingering there's just too many options that squeeze the seemingly irrelevant Edwards. Again I don't take Ariel's report of the "turned down fights" at face value. Gotta know exactly what the circumstances and terms were

I don't know why they can't just make Wonderboy vs Edwards they're both begging for it

Rda, gunnar Nelson, and cerrone at 170? This is the tear that gets you a title shot?

Maybe at 155, maybe...
It looks so much worse now because the UFC is moving at warp speed but at the time those were solid to good wins. He really got screwed by COVID because he would have gotten Woodley and Burns would have never gotten it. If Edwards beats Woodley (realistically possible) then he moves into the title shot and I doubt Dana even blinks an eye

If Conor McGregor cant even get a title shot handed to him at 170, you know you gotta beat someone real
I agree with that. Leon got really bad luck he was tabbed to get that big name in woodley. When he missed out on it I understood why he’d just chill and wait for another but by now it’s clear he’s completely out of the picture

What makes sense in reality isn't Dana's reality unfortunately. It's clear the UFC doesn't need Leon and I absolutely hate that that's fact. But it is. Thus he can literally be erased without consequence which is sickening

I've been calling for Leon to get his chance for probably over a year or more now ever since we debated who deserved a shot more between he and Jorge

With Burns, Colby and Jorge lingering there's just too many options that squeeze the seemingly irrelevant Edwards. Again I don't take Ariel's report of the "turned down fights" at face value. Gotta know exactly what the circumstances and terms were

I don't know why they can't just make Wonderboy vs Edwards they're both begging for it

From what I saw on Twitter Wonderboy called him out and Leon turned it down. He needs to realize he’s not in the position to call the shots.

From what I saw on Twitter Wonderboy called him out and Leon turned it down. He needs to realize he’s not in the position to call the shots.

I thought it was mutual call out smh. Yeah that was a logical fight, I rock with Leon but again at this point he kinda just stuck in the corner not doing himself any favors. If you don't have the power then you can't really be mad at what Dana does since he has a long history. If fighters don't like it again they need to figure out how to unite

Hate to see it :smh:

Doing my man dirty smh. Only problem with Leon, he was trying to campaign for Masvidal, Colby and Burns all too late. Should've just beat the brakes off Wonderboy when that was the only option left, but I get why he didn't take it.

I'm sure UFC won't match up Chimaev against him. Theyre trynna make his "appeal" last as long as possible. They're just going spin it and say nobody wants to fight him. There's a reason why Magny ain't get that fight offered yet when he said he'll take it couple weeks back.

And if Nate, Askren, and Till got Masvidal a title shot, I see no problem getting one with a 7 fight win streak ending with RDA.

Back
Top Bottom