The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Thinking about it, seems like khabib didn’t even tell Javier about retiring

Javier the whole fight week was talking about the possibilities after the justin fight

It was said that khabib agreed to help Javier coach going forward though. Idk what to make of Ali’s tweet but feel like he wouldnt say that for no reason

:smokin :smokin

Like I said earlier, Khabib would've been champ in 2016 and these convos would be different now. But they tore up the contracts they had with him and Eddie, and let Conor jump the line and keep that belt hostage. Still got it Bones, GSP, Khabib, Silva and DJ.

Hope Silva retires on a high note this weekend.

Thomson is obviously a biased party but nonetheless I wanted to listen to everyone's reactions to Khabib, especially his camp mates. Thomson revealing a lot of the technical stuff which I appreciated

Like I said earlier, Khabib would've been champ in 2016 and these convos would be different now. But they tore up the contracts they had with him and Eddie, and let Conor jump the line and keep that belt hostage. Still got it Bones, GSP, Khabib, Silva and DJ.

Would've been champ way before that if he wasn't injured for 2 years.

He made RDA look like an amateur and then while he was out, RDA became champ and looked like the damn terminator.

I really hope Khabib will fight again someday for 30-0 against Tony or Conor.

He still is getting better and better.

Man, Thomson really making the retirement even more sad. Saying Khabib has so much more skill to show

Smh at COVID
Yeah man, **** sucks. Mans still had years of prime fighting still in him. A lot of team mates and coaches say that we haven't seen a lot of his game yet. The work Off his back, his reversals, and sweeps. Javier always praised how much his striking has evolved and we saw some of that this fight. Sad to see someone leave so early. But as we all know, better now than way too late. Great career and what a showcase fight to go out on.

Yeah man, **** sucks. Mans still had years of prime fighting still in him. A lot of team mates and coaches say that we haven't seen a lot of his game yet. The work Off his back, his reversals, and sweeps. Javier always praised how much his striking has evolved and we saw some of that this fight. Sad to see someone leave so early. But as we all know, better now than way too late. Great career and what a showcase fight to go out on.
Just gonna throw this out there... maybe his mother gives him the blessing down the road to come back. Khabib is still going to be heavily involved with the sport I feel like he's going to be just as involved as he ever was. These dudes literally look at him like their coach anyway and like life/pack leader

Also Javier's next wave of champions are probably going to be a lot of Khabib's pipeline. What a setup he has

It sounds like Khabib is the new father. I’m curious what his mother’s issue was?

And Khabib was the last of Javier’s champs.

CKB is now probably the only camp with multiple champs.

Khalabeeb has made ALOT of money, especially for such a simple, righteous man.

Big respect.

Doods run is never going to be touched at 55, to me he's def the most dominant grappler of all time.

Dude goes out on top, this is the 96' Jordan game 6 moment of MMA right here.

Perfect way to go out on top and leave the game on your own accord.

It sounds like Khabib is the new father. I’m curious what his mother’s issue was?

And Khabib was the last of Javier’s champs.

CKB is now probably the only camp with multiple champs.
Man just watching Khabib's vlog during fight week, these guys look up to him something serious. It's a completely different way of life for them

I believe you are correct for the most part although ATT Florida technically has Amanda Nunes and Kayla Harrison. Dustin and Thiago Santos are still in contention to secure belts as well

Usman (technically) and Gaejthe out of Wittman's camp was a potential until last night

If TJ can get the belt again he and Juan Archeleta are teammates who use the same coaches

Guys like Usman Nurgmaedov, Ankleav and Mackachev are all going to be contending for belts soon for AKA

Just gonna throw this out there... maybe his mother gives him the blessing down the road to come back. Khabib is still going to be heavily involved with the sport I feel like he's going to be just as involved as he ever was. These dudes literally look at him like their coach anyway and like life/pack leader

Also Javier's next wave of champions are probably going to be a lot of Khabib's pipeline. What a setup he has
I can definitely see Islam being champ. Mans got all the tools. Interested to see who theyre going to have matchup against him in that fight night main.

Can't wait to see Usman take over Bellator then his eventual move to the UFC. Everyone says he's going to be the best one. And at his age, nobody had the skills he has right now.

LHW is legitimately stacked and very fun imo

Jan, Santos, Glover= old guard but still high level contenders/champ
Reyes (30), Volkan (31)= contenders but still relatively young
All 28 years old: Krylov, Rakic, Prochazka, Ankalaev= the new guard

While you still have Walker, Cirkonov and Smith lingering

I think Jav has gotten greedy over the years. He used to be tighter with these guys. Both champs didnt bother consulting him before stepping down. Even tho he says he wanted DC to before the last Stipe fight

USAda didn’t come to the ufc until 2015

Anderson snapped his leg in 2013 and then tested positive in his very next fight in.... 2015

Im not giving Anderson the benefit of the doubt at all and not going to put an asterisk on bones but that’s just me. He’s still at the table in my mind

Paulo Costa has yet to pop and there's about a 0% chance that guy isn't on roids. So while USADA may be more stringent, it's not like USADA is this unbeatable standard of testing. And Anderson has way more money and access than Paulo does so you'd have to think if Paulo could do it then why couldn't he?

If you're only looking at the facts, the facts are that people still popped before USADA, like Chael right after Anderson finished him in the fifth round of their title fight (2010). Like Overeem before UFC 146 (2012). Anderson however, never popped once before the leg break. Those are just the facts.

People can look at Anderson's test and assume that he'd been on steroids all along and finally got caught because the testing caught up. Or they can look at his test and write it off as a 39 year old man doing a cycle in an attempt to recover from a gruesome leg break. But neither one is fact. It's just guessing.

The facts are he never popped in his prime while running through a division of guys, plenty of whom are CONFIRMED steroid users. For all we know all these guys are on something, it definitely wouldn't surprise me. But with no other information available, I'll continue to leave the asterisk off Anderson. To each his own tho.

Bones on the other hand popped twice in his PRIME. There's just no way around it. You have to do some serious mental gymnastics to still suspend disbelief with him. He's still one of the greatest regardless but if he doesn't get an asterisks after popping TWICE, well then I guess nobody does at that point. I definitely have an asterisks by his title run but whatever that's just one man's opinion, to each his own.

Last edited:
Valid points. But I dont begrudge anyone for not holding a test against someone when they believe all the athletes at one time were on the sauce

Back
Top Bottom