The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

It's kind of funny for how long they've been around that Oliveira and Poirier haven't already faced each other at some point.

Why is no one bringing up Gaethje? Wouldn’t Dustin and Justin 2 make sense?

they dont understand

Conor is done. Too much coke & booze, too many hookers & late nights. He had a hell of a run but it’s over now, he’s finished. The guy that beat Aldo & Eddie is never coming back.

the guy that beat aldo and eddie never proved himself at 155

itd be like bones knocking out stipe and going back to 205, it wouldnt mean much past the initial shock

Sad to see the end of an era. Unfortunately I don’t see any of his future fights having those “whole world watching” atmospheres anymore. Guy wasted his prime away barely fighting but I can’t blame him he eating well

1611469499349.jpeg

1611469482030.jpeg

Sad to see the end of an era. Unfortunately I don’t see any of his future fights having those “whole world watching” atmospheres anymore. Guy wasted his prime away barely fighting but I can’t blame him he eating well
It’s a sad era to see the end of.. or at least for sure the beginning of it.
but we have to remember that Conor wanted an empire. And he has it. Fighting or not fighting. Dudes set.

Did Dan Hooker retire? Would be sad to see him go, but he has been in some wars. Saw him live in Milwaukee vs Barboza in 2018 and that beating was nasty.
What a spectacular performance from Poirier, that finish was beautiful. Respect to the guy, the underdog for years, grinded hard and now is on top of the world. :pimp:

Why? Justin just got washed by Khabib. Justin gotta get another dub before getting another title shot
I mean he’s ranked #1 and Dustin beat Conor and is ranked lower. I figure if Khabib vacates that that is the next fight. Or Gaethje fights Oliveria and then winner fights Dustin.

guys have gotten a lot better since he's been gone
same thing we saw with ronda
Ronda was a puzzle waiting to get solved, which Holly and Amanda did. Her striking was gassed and very basic. GDR would smoke her unless Ronda tried to take her down.

Conor stepped away from the game. Everyone leveled up during that time. Dustin is bigger. Has a better team. Dustin been through wars. Except for the Khabib loss (which is a puzzle no one has solved) , he's been a diamond under the pressure (after he moved up to LW and fixed the issues he had with Johnson, etc).

Then you have Justin, and Olivera.

Calf kicks were the death of Conor
Conor wasn't ready for the calf kicks or the takedown attempt. It's hilarious. Kavanaugh was talking about how much Conor and the team has grown since the last Porier fight.

Honestly, Conor was right. The time off hurt him. It's sort of like Tyson...but not exactly (no excuse for the Douglas loss) then going to prison. Or Muhammed Ali when he went to jail. Dudes who literally threw away a portion of their primes.

Maybe, make the Tony fight. There's a story there. And they're both coming off losses.

If I would have put money on fights, I would have put Katter, Hooker and Conor to win. I never get this stuff right but that is why I love it.

Conor looking like a wounded solider here with the crutches.

Why? Justin just got washed by Khabib. Justin gotta get another dub before getting another title shot

and Khabib washed Poirier before he beat Gaethje:lol:

I believe Gaethje deserves to be in the mix for contending for the belt just as much as Chandler & Oliveira

Conor has no one to blame but himself for the ring rust.

There’s no such thing as a part time fighter. You’re either all in or you’re not.

I know after the cowboy fight he said he wanted to have a active 2020. But the pandemic hit and I’m sure he didn’t want any part of a fan-less arena. Meanwhile Dustin has fought what, 3x during all these lockdowns?

Back
Top Bottom