The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Just watched the Nemkov fight last night and pretty impressive how he was able to get over that big strike in rd. 1 and dominate thereafter. I have him beating Anderson in the finals as Corey seems a step slower and if Nemkov gets it to the ground he could get a submission or TKO by GnP.

That said I do still think Nemkov would be too small for LHW in the UFC, guy is only 6ft (I know DC was about that but his wrestling is next level) and longer guys like Jan and Jiri would give him fits. I'd say Nemkov would be fringe top 5 in UFC LHW division still though.

But he’ll risk his life in the cage?
I really wanted to like him especially on his come up and after the Yoel fight

But the excuses after the Izzy loss, the coming in 26 lbs over a few days out from your fight and now these vaccine comments... he went out real real sad

Real curious to see what Costa looks like on Saturday because dude seems like he's been unraveling after the Izzy loss.

Him acting like introducing this catchweight 3 days before the fight is no big deal kinda seems like dude isn't necessarily taking this match serious.

I like em both but if Hooker can pull it off that would be crazy
Yeah I was thinking about the match making for this fight…

they really setting up hooker to be a stepping stone for Islam.

The UFC is looking at Islam as a potential new face of Russian MMA and would benefit the company financially with another russian/dagestan champ.

hooker took this fight on quick turn around, dropped 2 of his last 3 and stylistically it’s not a good fight for him at all.

so I’m really rooting for Dan to stick it to the UFC and ruin their plans. Love it when that happens.

Not that I hate islam or anything, he’s great.

I feel the same. Just think it’s a terrible matchup. I’m rooting for the Kiwi.

Low risk, high reward for Islam. High Risk, medium reward for Hooker.

A full class up!!

That card so trash Zuffa gotta let Costa make a mockery of the profession.

One mo week and we got fiyah.

Back
Top Bottom