The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Could be if Alex is ready.

And I’m not sure if he’s performing disinformation or non binary. He’s Zesty but he goes into his fat phase and model phase. Honestly, it doesn’t matter. Izzy is a killer in the cage. And an amazing representation for my Nigerian ancestors.

Izzy taking his L like a man and I can't do anything but respect that. It's part of the game and he's wearing it with pride- salute!

Alex might just have his card- sometimes it's just like that.

Alex is taller than Izzy. Bobby be jumping at him with that lounging punch like Mike Tyson’s Punchout 😂

Costa and Vettori can legit fight at 205 so they probably got the size to hold Alex down.

It’s wild. Glover’s small lil camp in Connecticut has produced two champs in the last year.

Issue is UFC working on Colby/Khamzat…

He could definitely become a double champ. Alex big though and a great striker. So the wrestling is the primary method of Victory for Chimaev.

I hate the massive weight cuts period.

I understand if you traine and lose 5 to 10lbs tops, but 25lbs??? Thats some BS ...

I hate the massive weight cuts period.

I understand if you traine and lose 5 to 10lbs tops, but 25lbs??? Thats some BS ...
He cuts even more from his regular weight which is 235 lbs (well at least that's what he weighed when his camp started)

I don't have an issue with it but I have to admit that is insane lol

Usman gotta be 190ish before he weighs in for a WW fight. Khabib had notoriously bad weight cuts.

Alex wasn’t going to fight at 205 with his teammate Glover still active.

It’s wild Alex joins Brock and Anderson as the MMA fighters to obtain a championship with the least fights.

He cuts even more from his regular weight which is 235 lbs (well at least that's what he weighed when his camp started)

I don't have an issue with it but I have to admit that is insane lol
I do .... thats ****ing stupid.

A dude walking around 235 fighting a dude thats 200 tops.

I do .... thats ****ing stupid.

A dude walking around 235 fighting a dude thats 200 tops.
Khabib walked around 200+ and fought guys at 155.

Aljamain Sterling just posted a pic not too long ago weighing himself damn near 180lbs….. he fights at 135lbs.

People have been doing this for the longest. Alex is no different!

Khabib walked around 200+ and fought guys at 155.
It has been done for the longest and I get it bro ... but Cali has the right idea. You can't let a dude that's 200 lbs after rehydration from 155lb fight a dude that is 165lb after rehydration. **** is absurd. Since my boxing days always saw and issue with this.

It has been done for the longest and I get it bro ... but Cali has the right idea. You can't let a dude that's 200 lbs after rehydration from 155lb fight a dude that is 165lb after rehydration. **** is absurd. Since my boxing days always saw and issue with this.
Rehydration clauses should definitely be utilized in the UFC… I remember Mayweather had one on Canelo in their contract, Pacquiao had a bunch.

Just makes me think, if they go that route, what gates would open up that would even out the ‘advantages’ of one opponent over the other? i.e reach, height differences, age?

I just re-watched that 5th round and can see why Izzy is salty. He did have his head down at the end but he was moving. I get the feeling if Marc could go back he would have allowed things to play on. I think you also have to look a bit at the context, that this is for the belt and Izzy was up on the cards. I feel like he was more likely to recover in that moment than get his lights put out. The stumble maybe did make things seem worse than it actually was too.

On Friday, Khabib will have another championship belt

Usman should easily handle Pitbull. If that doesn't happen I'd be shocked

I would hope that leads to Usman vs AJ Mckee

Coker said he wanted to do a 155 tournament but their division is pretty uninspiring. I don't want to see that

Back
Top Bottom