The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

EF3C58F0-1B47-4867-B12D-B0C7ADF99AE6.gif

He stuffed Stipes takedown then ended up taking Stipe down to his knees and took his back :lol:

Punch stats show that he straight dominated Stipe in the 1st round and got "caught " in the 2nd :lol:

Man's definitely trolling.

Anyways, in some great news On the antitrust

One of the most important pieces of info I need to see is how much in cahoots these managers are with the ufc

I want to know how much these fighters are getting screwed over not only by the ufc but by their own circle

Is this their typical WWE routine?

The final third of it is an impressive performance if they’re just acting.

What is the deal with Ariel lmao this some kind of mass ploy with everyone coming at him?

I’m trying to figure out how they started beefing they were friends lmao

They been trying to get Jon to fight at HW since CAIN was champ, WAY longer than 3 years

Jon Jones is not scared of francis :lol:

Have you seen Francis wrestle? LOL

Stipe is the harder fight, he's a complete martial artist and has more championship experience (5 rounds)

Francis just has the "IT" entertainment factor/nuclear bomb/eraser

Dereck Lewis & Stipe beat Francis at HW 💀
Yooo

Lol. The same Francis that was training at Ferdinand's?

Are we talking about Francis from 2018? Five years ago?

Are we talking about the Francis who starched Stipe in their second fight and had Dana say, "If I’m Jon Jones and watching this fight at home, I’m moving to 185!"

Are we talking about the same Francis who just hung with the Lineal boxing HW champ?

What is the deal with Ariel lmao this some kind of mass ploy with everyone coming at him?

I’m trying to figure out how they started beefing they were friends lmao
They're probably beefing over clickbait comments or hot takes. The dangers of being in entertainment.

One of the most important pieces of info I need to see is how much in cahoots these managers are with the ufc

I want to know how much these fighters are getting screwed over not only by the ufc but by their own circle
Oh, it's just about all of them, to be honest. It's a big reason why the UFC don't like doing business with real agents whose main sport isn't MMA. There's a YT channel on MMAI that did a great video on this and also Bloody Elbow did a couple articles in the past. I'll try to look for them once I get off.

Just look at the last card in Utah. They did a thing where you have to opt-in for your pay to get shown publicly. The fighters who have the regular MMA known agents decided not to. Agents making dudes think showing their pay won't benefit them when it's really just to not show how much their other fighter makes much more than them.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see what happens with the case. Thangs are going to change next year whether Dana, Ali, etc like it or not. Bellator out of the business. And does the court decision affect PFL?

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the case. Thangs are going to change next year whether Dana, Ali, etc like it or not. Bellator out of the business. And does the court decision affect PFL?
Yeah, whether it goes to trial or they make a deal, I'd assume it'll be for the overall landscape of professional MMA. In the court docs the UFC actually brought up other promotion contracts and how they're similar to there's. The courts pretty much blamed it on their stranglehold of the industry. Told them that because they're pretty much a monopsony, they understand that it's the only way the other promotions can survive.

Conor Jon Jones etc fight purses, it’s getting interesting

Edit: ah, the whole article seems to be behind a paywall— but it has Conor’s and Ronda’s pay until 2016

He stuffed Stipes takedown then ended up taking Stipe down to his knees and took his back :lol:

Punch stats show that he straight dominated Stipe in the 1st round and got "caught " in the 2nd :lol:

Man's definitely trolling.

Anyways, in some great news On the antitrust

Alright- hearing more about this- I’m a little confused. If the ufc negotiated some kind agreement where would that money go? To cung lee? Or would it be dispersed between all the ufc fighters?

If the ufc decided to just do an agreement would that mean the records would all remain sealed or are those records coming out regardless?

The parent company trying to pay the money off from the loan to buy UFC. They said duck the fighters.

And I believe there is a period of years covered under the lawsuit.

Conor and Jon made good money in the UFC. Not great based on their value but still life changing money.

$574,720 vs. Liz Carmouche
$1,817,907 vs. Miesha Tate

$870,969 vs. Sara McMann

$1,063,688 vs. Alexis Davis

$1,458,282 vs. Cat Zingano

$2,642,204 vs. Bethe Correia

$4,476,662 or $4,536,932 vs. Holly Holm

$4,879,766 vs. Amanda Nunes

Last edited:
Confirms that the top guys get paid alot on the backend like some of us suspected
In the case of the McGregor/Mendes fight….hell yeah. His base was probably $500K.

DC said he got a mill after one of his fights just in bonus.

I’d love to hear Henry, Aljo and DJ have a round circle discussion about it lol.

Khabib was making good money at the end there.

From McGregor on, he was making millions.

He was making nothing before. Yikes.

We not acting like Francis is 37 years old who fought 35-year old Tyson Fury?

He lumped Francis who never had a professional boxing fight and went in there with the P4P best Heavyweight boxer to Conor, 29 at the time, fighting a 40-year old Floyd Mayweather or 30+ Pettis fighting 60-year old Roy Jones.

Francis deserves his flowers. He's the baddest man on the planet.

Back
Top Bottom