The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

His takedown defense looked impressive. Was actually the first time I've seen him tested like that. Baki is a beast too. Man's going to be a problem when he hits his physical prime.
I don’t know about Baki but he is tough. I gotta see more of his striking

He probably said there’s something in my toe. Again that doesn’t mean “I don’t want to fight”

He was squared up with baki engaged in the fight until baki stopped the action by talking to goddard

He probably said there’s something in my toe. Again that doesn’t mean “I don’t want to fight”

He was squared up with baki engaged in the fight until baki stopped the action by talking to goddard
You cant be looking for the referee for timeouts and explanations DURING the fight man

this was odd, never really seen guys do this.

I'm with Goddard, dude was visibly shook by the toe and asked to have it removed DURING the fight...

Doumbe should have just kept fighting instead of looking to Marc.

They will run it back though it was a good fight.

That is where I am at too.

Only time to be looking to the ref is when a clear visible foul occurred like a blatant eye poke, shot to back of the head, or groin strike.

Anything else feels like you are asking for a doctor stoppage.

And so it begins....

Screenshot_20240307_175157_Samsung Internet.jpg

I’m sure the rules are similar in kickboxing, so someone with doumbes experience should know better than to ever halt fighting

That still doesn’t mean goddard didn’t jump the gun due to bakis action. doumbe didn’t look hurt at all for goddard to call it off

The letter of the law doesn’t always work in mma. There’s a ton of room for discretion, goddard should have let them keep going

Was kind of thinking it might be a very pro Chito crowd but figured it'd be about split with the fans. This aint Boston, AZ or middle america where Sean would likely get more pop.

There needs to be a better protocol for having a foreign object go into your foot like that. I honestly don’t really fault Doumbe. In his mind it’s like let me just get this **** out so I can fight. And what’s in my toe is basically an interference from an object that has nothing to do with the two actual fighters.

On Goddard’s end I’m not sure what the rules are so I can’t fault him without that knowledge. But he could have asked Doumbe if he wanted to continue or stop. You can’t rush to stop the main event.

Great cold open. Forgot how nasty that headkick to Dom was. Mans dipped right in to that ****. Good to see them feature MVP in a bunch of packages too.

Back
Top Bottom