The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Them holding the title picture up for TUF/September just puts an unnecessary log jam. They're pretty much killing off a fresh contender if they have Blanchfield/Fiorot fight Macy/Rose. Not to mention the slight chance of some weird **** happening and we get Grasso/Shev 4 since the UFC loves title rematches so much :lol::smh:

Them holding the title picture up for TUF/September just puts an unnecessary log jam. They're pretty much killing off a fresh contender if they have Blanchfield/Fiorot fight Macy/Rose. Not to mention the slight chance of some weird **** happening and we get Grasso/Shev 4 since the UFC loves title rematches so much :lol::smh:

I hate the fact they are dragging the fight out. I have a blanchfield champ ticket for 2024 and she’s not even gonna get a chance until early 2025 at this point

“Former UFC Fighter…”

5c4659ce30794db08977ea226d3b1c7cnJazT_display.gif

“Former UFC Fighter…”

5c4659ce30794db08977ea226d3b1c7cnJazT_display.gif
Not gonna stick up for this dummy but put a lil more respect on his name (apparently unknown name) :lol:

I first got introduced to him after he and Cowboy had a bit of a rivalry in WEC. Was happy as hell to see Cowboy get him in their rematch

Then years later after being washed he faces the monster and undefeated Edson Barboza... and... actually wins

Just seems like he’s hating. Laura is actually good on the mic and commentary. Can’t say the same for some of the men.

I’m curious if Aldo will come back looking different? And why retire? Was it a Henry type stunt?

I hate the fact they are dragging the fight out. I have a blanchfield champ ticket for 2024 and she’s not even gonna get a chance until early 2025 at this point
Sad. That fight with her and Mannon should be for interim. It’s not their fault the two ladies on TUF were injured after their fight and then went straight into a reality TV show.

I wouldn’t be mad at Barber/Thug. The division just seems backed up due to TUF. They’re not fighting on the anniversary of their last fight are they?

Her response was pretty good

The most vivid memory I have of Jaimie Varner was him saying "I can't see I can't seee" trying to get out of a fight with Cerrone when the momentum was shifting in WEC. He was seeing just fine at the post fight press conference.

Not gonna stick up for this dummy but put a lil more respect on his name (apparently unknown name) :lol:

I first got introduced to him after he and Cowboy had a bit of a rivalry in WEC. Was happy as hell to see Cowboy get him in their rematch

Then years later after being washed he faces the monster and undefeated Edson Barboza... and... actually wins
I remember Varner as one of those tough WEC guys that was a tough out at one point in time but is largely forgotten in the modern era. Was just looking at that UFC 146 lineup (the one where Reem popped and the whole main card had its matchups changed) and wow the prelim card would be a FN with fans these days. Hell, Glover was even on the early prelims.

I don’t remember Varner in the UFC. He’s no Jim Miller.

Guess he had a record of 3-6 in UFC, most notably beating Edson.
I remember him for his star tattoos in wec. He had a fun style

But yeah he was losing a lot in wec then went on a lil streak on local promotions before matching up with an undefeated scary barboza

Had to be one of the bigger upsets of that year

Back
Top Bottom