The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Why Aldo lamas 2??? It wasn't competitive at all..

Jones ain't close to being cleared lol. He poppedfor a substance which is only detectable thru urine, his blood test coming back clean was to be expected unless there was other substances. Turinabol exits the system in 1-2 days from what I read, so he might have taken it right before the fight to be as close to 100% as possible

Also they recently implemented the test for turinabol so he could have been doing this for a while

at this point I just gotta assume jonny been juicing the whole time...

that in mind, im sure 80% of the doods he fought were juicing as well....the run is still by far the best the sport has seen so far.

In the long run.... his run >>> all his **** ups

years from now I can see him garnering that respect/admiration like Tyson has now....

^not if he gets off them thangs and comes back losing
but that's a big "what if" and hes till has major hurdles to overcome just to get back to the fight game

years from now I can see him garnering that respect/admiration like Tyson has now....

Hell no.

Tyson was a lot of things but a cheat wasn't one of them.

JBJ is about to get Lance Armstrong'd if he's found guilty of this.

Hell no.

Tyson was a lot of things but a cheat wasn't one of them.

JBJ is about to get Lance Armstrong'd if he's found guilty of this.

I mean if lance aint considered the goat, who else come to mind?

Im not saying hes wrong or hes right, because i mean at the end of the day who the **** am I to say? But I can say I been thoroughly entertained watching this dood fight, every time....the fact he prolly was juicing the whole time does not change the entertainment experienced during the run. I can understand why doods are so crushed/disappointed/***** hurt w/e.....

but people acting like they really knew this dood on a personal level and they are sooo hurt by this lol they putting to much faith into someone they never even met/know...but hey thats most people for you

Nobody in cycling is calling Lance the GOAT in 2017, son was blackballed from the sport.

The only thing people call him is a narcissistic *******.

You can be a **** up in sports and recover but I can't really think of many people who have been caught cheating and given a pass.

The only one that comes to mind is Andy Pettite and that's because he didn't BS anybody, he came clean immediately from what I remember.

In regards to cheating, you can't erase history.

People **** on Bonds and Clemens but in my eyes both are HoF. Even if you band them they are still in the records.

Lance Armstrong cheated and everyone on knows it but it doesn't take away from the fact that he won 7 consecutive titles... at the end of the day can we erase 7 years away? Dudes be living for moment ....

I'm not saying Jones legacy is solidify because the sport is still new and with all the on and off problem Jones haven't been consistent but it be dumb to say he is the only one cheating...

The Spider is one of the greatest and he's a cheater .... still consider one of the greatest... if he continue to fight then that might change ...

Nobody in cycling is calling Lance the GOAT in 2017, son was blackballed from the sport.

The only thing people call him is a narcissistic *******.

You can be a **** up in sports and recover but I can't really think of many people who have been caught cheating and given a pass.

The only one that comes to mind is Andy Pettite and that's because he didn't BS anybody, he came clean immediately from what I remember.
I don't know where are you getting your facts but anyone that doesn't think Lance was one of the greatest cyclist ever is a Moron.

Yeah idc what no one says Barry Bonds really the best hitter ever. If they didn't start walking him he could've had 100 HRs in a season

So if Jones was juicing the whole time, maybe his "loss" can be overturned to a no contest?

Undefeated = GOAT

If he is suspended for 4 years, when he comes back, Trump may not be in office any more.

I hate how Anderson gets marked as a cheater now. I really do believe dude juiced trying to get back to 100% ASAP after the leg break, but I guess there's no way to know for sure.

Right or wrong I look at Jones juicing a little differently because one of the strengths of his game is literally being strong. He's a bully in the cage, and it's been said by a bunch of his opponents that he feels way stronger in there than you expect him to, so if he was roiding his whole career well then I guess we have an idea why.

Anderson's game was finesse, he got bullied by wrestlers, some of whom we know for sure were juiced i.e. Chael and Hendo, but he still won because of skill, timing, and accuracy. (Sidebar, Weidman started walking around much lighter and went on a 3 fight losing streak after USADA started, just saying).

Also in regards to Lance Armstrong, there's stats that say that something like 80% of all the top 10 finishers during the entire Lance Armstrong run (7 years or so), were confirmed dopers or suspected of doping. He was in a dirty game and was just the best at it.

And Barry Bonds, we already know that was the steroid era. Just like with Lance Armstrong, Bonds, Sosa, McGuire and a couple others basically took the heat for something that everybody was doing, they just stuck out because they did it the best. Hella dudes took steroids and still couldn't hit like Barry. He was nice before the steroids and just supercharged after.

Anyway, I say all that to say this, I think Jones' long time standing takes a big hit if he gets this suspension moreso than any of those other cases because a) there's no suspicion/confirmation that everybody else he beat was roiding up and he was just the best of the roided up bunch and b) strength is a huge part of his game, without that, is he still Jones?

^^

Yea, nothing can undo the memories and good times I had watching Anderson fight.

Also UFC 117 (Silva v Sonnen 1) was also my first live event.

I don't know where are you getting your facts but anyone that doesn't think Lance was one of the greatest cyclist ever is a Moron.

He's the GOAT cheat, that's about it.

Wiped clean from the record books and erased from foundations that he's helped create.

Nobody is running around singing Lances praises as a cyclist in 2017.

Also, juicing in combat sports is way worse to me than juicing in a sport like baseball or cycling.

You're fighting another person in a cage, this isn't riding a bike up a hill.

It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt, their opponent pops and lawyers get involved, IMO.

You pop twice, you should he hit w/ a lifetime ban, that's it.

nobody watched today's card? won some money on it but only got to catch struve-volkov.

I saw earlier that someone tried a Showtime kick off the cage lol

Anderson and Bones both got caught, I still have them both as the GOAT's. I give the slight edge to Bones because of the combo of striking and wrestling. His angles and unorthodox style are one of a kind, lot of it is due to his unreal reach but still. His technique when striking doesn't have to do with roids

Also, Bones fought some cheaters himself. Lyoto and a TRT/Roided mutant in Vitor. I recently rewatched that fight, it's absolutely ridiculous how big Vitor was during that time :lol: Anderson wasn't the only one who had to fight roided Vitor.. and Bones had to fight Vitor at a heavier weight

I wouldn't be surprised if Lyoto had been taking piss flavored substances in his other bouts

Shogun was prob on roids in Japan but idk about his time in America

Still no one saying demetrius is the goat. :lol:

He can help his cause if he moved up and faced former champs and well known names like tj and cruz again.

Rogan went in on Paulie lmao, "there are a million people who could grab you and strangle the life out of you and there's not a damn thing you could do about it"

"Max Holloway would literally kill him if he wanted to"

:lol:

Nate Diaz and Rogan have had it with boxers

Back
Top Bottom