The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I don’t understand this scorecard. How did jiri do more damage to Alex in the first round?

He landed some strikes on the ground after the take down but Alex’s let kicks were brutal and in high volume

Mma judging is crap too many times

1699794436433.jpeg

I respect Alex’s call out. His post fight interview was respectful, reverent, etc.

To me…it seems Izzy got one win, especially a satisfying one, against his bogey man and doesn’t want to risk another loss.

Even wilder…is he ran away from Alex and straight to Sean Strickland.

Alex is 3-1 against Adesanya. Alex has knocked out Sean Strickland. Alex is a two division champion.

Alex is 36. So I’m sure he knows the road isn’t long so he’s trying to maximize his pay days. And he’s also trying to help a respected enemy. He could just avenge Glover and batter Jamahal Hill. Alex definitely has Jamahal Hill, Alex Smith, etc as future LHW match ups.

I don’t think the series is 3-1 at all

Izzy has a strong case to have won their first kickboxing match

I believe he won that so to me it’s

Izzy= 1 decision win kickboxing, 1 ko in mma
Alex= 1 ko in kickboxing, 1 ko in mma

I also don’t think izzy ran from Alex, to Strickland. Didn’t Alex clearly say he was done at 185 regardless. I don’t think he wanted to make that weight cut anymore

Feels like **** gets lost in translation. I thought Alex's post fight could be seen as super tongue in cheek and a subtle dig at Izzy with the whole 'let me motivate this dude' line when translated in English, but I'm seeing native Portugese speakers online saying it was actually respectful and genuine (apart from the Daddy line of course)

I don’t think the series is 3-1 at all

Izzy has a strong case to have won their first kickboxing match

I believe he won that so to me it’s

Izzy= 1 decision win kickboxing, 1 ko in mma
Alex= 1 ko in kickboxing, 1 ko in mma

I also don’t think izzy ran from Alex, to Strickland. Didn’t Alex clearly say he was done at 185 regardless. I don’t think he wanted to make that weight cut anymore
Alex beat Jan. Izzy couldn’t.

Alex has three wins. Two KOs.

Izzy avoided a third match despite there was a compelling reason for it.

But Alex wants the big fight. Easy route for Izzy to get the LHW title.

But anyway, Alex Smith or winner of the Mago/Walker 2.

Alex beat Jan. Izzy couldn’t.

Alex has three wins. Two KOs.

Izzy avoided a third match despite there was a compelling reason for it.

But Alex wants the big fight. Easy route for Izzy to get the LHW title.

But anyway, Alex Smith or winner of the Mago/Walker 2.
Huh. I wasn’t talking about anything other than what you said about izzy vs alex lol

And again are you sure izzy ducked alex? I don’t think you’re remembering it correctly

Why not go up 2-1 in MMA? Have his enemy eat crow?

I DID think DDP deserved the title shot this fall.

But honestly I’d have Izzy losing to DDP, Strickland or Alex going forward.

This is the fight game. Let the back and forth keep building. Izzy’s response was perfect— he responded in izzy fashion

I don’t think actually anyone is really clamoring for Alex vs izzy to happen now. It doesn’t make sense in the least

They both have business to take care of and the fight could be huge down the road

i have -1000 interest in alex izzy again, i seen it twice, heard about all 4 of their fights far to many times, enough is enough
Same here, let the LHW division get some movement and order. ****'s been unstable since Jones left :lol:
Izzy's also too small to do anything in LHW

That division has been unstable. Jon was the stability. DC as well since he happened to be a great fighter in another fighters shadow.

I remember Rampage, Forrest, Rashad, Lyoto and Shogun hot potatoing. And before that, I guess Chuck in the mid 2000s.

There isn’t a stable division in the UFC right now. Volk is the longest reigning champion. Followed by Leon and Islam who have one or two title defenses.

If izzy doesn’t want to move up to 205, this doesn’t mean he’s ducking lmao. Is Alex ducking izzy by leaving 185 too then? Smh I hate mma community

But yeah, izzy has many options

Jamahal blew his knee out in July.

It’s generally a year recovery.

I think Alex fights another opponent before Hill.

He might win the winner of one of those other fights.

And with a bad back…or claiming it. Is April a good enough time to turn around for Tom?

Back
Top Bottom