The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

i have -1000 interest in alex izzy again, i seen it twice, heard about all 4 of their fights far to many times, enough is enough
What?

They’re arguably the two best kickboxers in the UFC and they’ve knocked each other out in the cage.

But you have no interest in seeing a rubber match?

The bottom line is Alex has three wins over Izzy, including two KOs.

Izzy has one win over Alex, in a fight he was losing.

One guy wants a 3rd fight bad...and the other guy appears to have little interest in that.

Not hard to figure out why that is.

What?

They’re arguably the two best kickboxers in the UFC and they’ve knocked each other out in the cage.

But you have no interest in seeing a rubber match?

The bottom line is Alex has three wins over Izzy, including two KOs.

Izzy has one win over Alex, in a fight he was losing.

One guy wants a 3rd fight bad...and the other guy appears to have little interest in that.

Not hard to figure out why that is.
The fight doesn't make sense, any sense, right now. I don't blame people for not having interest in it at the moment however you're right in that it absolutely is a fight that should happen down the road in an ideal world

Izzy has a wealth of opponents like DDP, Chimaev and a Strickland rematch. Alex has a wealth of opponents in Hill, Walker, Rakic, Ankalaev. Why are we forcing Izzy and Alex to fight for the third time in the span of like a year and a half

But you trying to frame it like Izzy is ducking is weird. Alex left Izzy's division, the same division they fought at 4 times. Why is it Izzy's problem that Alex left. Izzy didn't look good at all at 205

Now if Alex decided to go back to 185 and kept calling him out and Izzy ducked you'd have a point

I is tired, bro.

How many of these once a year champs is going to request a title fight from the champion a weight class above them?
This bruv has the nerve to say there are no exciting fights at 170

If you gonna do this don’t say stupid **** like this. Just say “I want to take on the biggest money and biggest opportunity”. That would make total sense and not be completely idiotic

I'm not against champ/champ fights, honestly.

But I think the discussion should begin when the lower weight champion has cleared out their division. Leon hasn't cleared out his division. Belal is the legitimate #1 contender and they SHOULD run back their last fight. Shavkat could legitimately be in the mix too if he beats Wonderboy.

Volk was saving a PPV card (even though Gamrot was the backup fighter lol). Alex beat Jan (even if Jan thinks he was robbed) prior to his title shot.

Now is Khamzat more legitimate than Leon? No, maybe, yes? I don't know what math Dana does to determine who gets red panty night. I also didn't disagree with Aljo relinquishing his title IF he had beat Suga and obtained the record for title defenses in BW.

After watching the main event last night I definitely thought the fight was stopped early and Jiri should have been given a few more seconds to intelligently defend. However, with Jiri saying he was out and accepting the stoppage that's enough for me. If Hill isn't ready to go until late 24' and Izzy doesn't want to go up to 205 again I wonder if they give someone like Ankalaev the next shot though no one's really clamoring for that matchup.

Aspinall... man he's looking like a star and the UFC can definitely promote him. A London stadium event with him headlining and Leon co-main (assuming he gets through Colby) would be epic. If Jones comes back to fight anyone after Stipe I'd say Aspinall is the only one who'd interest him at this point.

Ankalaev fighting in the first main event of January, hope he gets a shot if he flatlines walker.

I don’t think hill will be ready to go soon.

Soooo I'm pretty sure u cant defend an interim belt....

they probably gonna strip jones, Tom vs Stipe to unify

Jon gets the winner for undisputed

Lmaoooooooo

Calm your *** down leon

There’s still this dude on your ***

IMG_2038.gif

Just don’t know why they keep giving scrubs to shavkat and not someone in the top 5 with his unbeaten streak

Last edited:

Thinking Conor vs chandler main or co main with grasso vs shevshenko in the on the main card and Islam vs Oliveira as the main

Why can't he defend the Interim? They can pretty much do whatever they want with the belts :lol: . I mean I personally wanted last night to be for the undisputed but I get them doing the interim.

If they want to keep Jones happy they will. They won't strip him unless he has some legal issues come up.

Big Nog defended his interim belt against the non champ during the time Randy was iffy on retirement iirc.

Why can't he defend the Interim? They can pretty much do whatever they want with the belts :lol: . I mean I personally wanted last night to be for the undisputed but I get them doing the interim.

If they want to keep Jones happy they will. They won't strip him unless he has some legal issues come up.

Big Nog defended his interim belt against the non champ during the time Randy was iffy on retirement iirc.
I'm pretty sure there's no rule. UFC can do whatever they want

Just like when they stripped Charles of the belt when he fought Justin for missing weight. The UFC didn't have to strip him at all. They can really do whatever they want

I'm pretty sure there's no rule. UFC can do whatever they want

Just like when they stripped Charles of the belt when he fought Justin for missing weight. The UFC didn't have to strip him at all. They can really do whatever they want
100% how it is. Ain't boxing where sanctioning bodies own the title. UFC can make **** up as they go.

Back
Top Bottom