The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Yeah saying Arman should have taken it on 7 weeks notice is wild. LW is a shark tank of a division and if Islam was to wash him there's no guarantee that he would get a rematch for a long time. Why waste your opportunity when you'll be #1 in the rankings.

I’m a lil confused. So is it Arman was offered to fight Islam instead of Charles at 300? Or was he offered Islam IF he beat Chucky Olives at 300?

If it’s B the. That’s wild. Charles is a tough out most of the time.
He was offered it backstage after he beat Charles, for 302. He said no so they announced DP as the title challenger.

That’s crazy lol.

I thought the DP/Islam fight was a done deal. Something they worked out prior. Not this fly by booking without having signatures they’ve been guilty of in the past (like Dustin/BSD).

Arman has won 9 out of his last 10 with his only L being a tight one against Gamrot, why should he be forced to fight islam on short notice AGAIN!?

I didn’t think he was gonna make it to the octagon. Bro looked like he was about to fight the entire crowd during the walkout.

IMG_0137.jpeg

Wish this site would allow Reddit embeds. Agree with that Reddit poster. Honestly, the main card wasn’t bad. But those two fights helped make 300 one of the greatest cards ever.

He shouldn't be forced. But we know how it can go with title shots and Dana being fickle... which is why for me I would have taken it

That is true, especially since Arman doesn’t have a ton of hype to his name like Volk did coming off the 3rd Max fight, so I could see Dana letting someone else get a title shot over him. Sucks to be in that position for Arman.

Armans going to fight Islam in October. Taking it on short notice is pointless.

Based on Dana’s history, that isn’t a guarantee is all I’m saying. Plus, there is a slight chance that Poirier pulls off the upset or makes it a close enough fight that folks want a rematch, which leaves Arman waiting even longer.

If conor somehow beats chandler he could easily be slotted into fighting Islam in October

With how the landscape is in this era i don’t think it’s safe to guarantee anything or say a fighter is locked into a fight especially a title fight

One fight left on Conors contract I doubt they put him in a title fight. Maybe if they give him the money or contract he wants which seems unlikely if they haven't negotiated yet.

Wouldn't say it's guaranteed cause timing is everything. But just like the odds were in favor of Dustin in June, I'd say the same for Arman in October.

If conor somehow beats chandler he could easily be slotted into fighting Islam in October

With how the landscape is in this era i don’t think it’s safe to guarantee anything or say a fighter is locked into a fight especially a title fight

The thought of Conor getting a win against chandler at 170 and that automatically getting him a title shot in another division is hilarious

Max smoked Pettis, Aldo on his way to his title run. The young must feed on the old as their name grows bigger.

Gaethje was dealing with the broken nose and forgot he had a good jab. Great show for Max.

with his win, Max is on the title hunt again at FW. Plus we have Lopes as an up and comer. And Aljo a new threat in the top 10. If he fights Evaloev, he deserves a title fight.

Sorry, movsar

Sterling did a really good job even with the hate he got. I think he’s a tough out for most 45’ers

I will go with Ortega if they fight tho. I don’t know if wrestling constantly will be an effective game plan for Sterling

I got Aljo^^^

Except for the upper echelon of 145…no one going to piece him up like Suga.

He makes it to a title fight, Aljo is GOAT’d.

Three folks either moved up (Aljo, Max) or moved down (Kayla) and showed P4P ain’t all theory and BS.

Lopes gets to jump the line like that?

He went from BJJ coach to top contender…

He got that dawg in him. I remember that Evaloev fight. Diego said let me get them eight weeks dawg.

Back
Top Bottom