The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

My heart is with Conor, but my soul is with is with Floyd.

I've become more vested in MMA and I've watched him since he fought Brimage.

However, as a longtime boxing fan, I'd hate to see Floyd tarnish his perfect record.

Either an early KO from Connor or a Floyd clinic with a finish or decision is expected.

It's like thinking Jimmy Johnson from Nascar can go to F1 and race against the likes of Lewis Hamilton

grown men believing in Connor is staggering.

its like the best badminton player in the world thinking they can beat serena

or the best college basketball player in the country thinking theyre beating Lbj or KD 1 on1.

anybody betting on Connor ever been in a boxing gym? srs.

Well, that's why they compete. Nothing is guaranteed.

Better entertainment than expected but same outcome. Floyd kept his word and just kept going forward and wasn't Floyd ... I don't want to hear it was close, the ref stopped the fight early, this warrant a rematch, etc etc ...

I wonder of Floyd even prepare for this fight besides just doing cardio ....

lol he walked thru his chest the entire fight and threw 12 punches the first 2 rds damn near. flloyd gave everyone there moneys worth and even had mercy on mystic mac hah he didnt throw nothing with gas once he saw connor could even keep his hands up his cardio was such ****.

At least for now Conor says he will return to MMA. I wonder how much the UFC made from this

The whirlwind of who his next opponent will be is going to be nuts

floyd dominated without hurting conor. made him look good and comeout relatively unharmed.
fair play to both business men

what's the earliest conor can get a ufc fight?
my preference would be...
woodley
diaz
gsp

I had a feeling Floyd would let Conor look competitive

However I don't foresee a rematch

Conor needed to land something much more potent but he never really had that moment

My preference would be:
1. Tony (if he beats Lee)
2. Woodley
3. Nate
4. Khabib
5. Holloway

Realistically if GSP wins I think it'll be GSP, trailing, I believe Conor will take either Woodley or Nate

Tony IMO would be like Nate but turbo charged. Fight on paper has a chance to be a classic

could they "sell" tony to the casuals?
this wme, rankings definitely doesn't mean anything to them
i think woodley, though boring to some, is a champ and a big enough name

anyone seen Aldo's tweet? :lol: the guy still sour

could they "sell" tony to the casuals?
this wme, rankings definitely doesn't mean anything to them
Nope

That's why I believe they'll go with GSP

Alternatively, Woodley is a real champ and Conor would not have to defend his belt. Easy choice

On paper though, Tony offers the most compelling stylistic match up IMO

30+ M's>an "L"

He should be byke in the cage soon to put you back in the rafters :tongue:

Whatever b.

He may do that, but tonight, I'm out the rafters and partying like it is Starcade 1992.

Bout to walk into the club like......

tumblr_m94xrpwG7f1r324lio1_400.gif

We outchea!!

Enjoy your W lol

Na but seriously, any of these dudes could sleep Conor. Any of those opponents should be great fights, Tony and Nate will have Conor in trouble for sure. Woodley is the interesting one

Waiting on the presser to see if Conor shifts his focus to MMA

I wonder if he'll already be looking to get past this L or if he'll sit back and analyze tonight

I wonder if he'll already be looking to get past this L or if he'll sit back and analyze tonight

Man he's already looked passed it once he saw that check. That boy will be in the club with Floyd tonight living life. They'll probably do it again.

They're definitely gonna enjoy this pay day however I don't see how they can do a rematch

Ellerbe is pretty deliberate saying this is Floyd's last fight. Besides that, I don't see them being able to sell this again

Of course Conor is looking past the L I just meant I wonder if he'll sit down and break down his performance or if he'll be adamant in calling out his next opponent. I know he'll plant seeds. Paulie being one of them

not much to analyze, the man had fun and paid. i dont think this will "sting" him like taking the L to diaz where he wanted to jump right back into it.
would not surprise me if he took a yr off after all that work promoting the floyd fight. take time to be with his family and just enjoy his money and see how the UFC plays out.
UFC probably desperate since jones got popped and all the big names are pretty much gone. they probably will throw him some shares

i dont think they can do it again. the "bad blood" that they created was so scripted, not sure how they can sell a second fight. paulie is out there, and if Oscar wants it, he can probably sell that. paulie with the whole sparring footage leak and oscar being a hater. might as well have floyd co-promote it :lol:

We'll see. Conor is very technical and he loves to break down his matches. I personally hope he skips it and just starts talking about MMA

Back
Top Bottom