The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Reddit bubba

Nah I use Reddit enough to know it can’t be trusted for huge fights. When it’s a fight I wanna see this bad I don’t mess around. This fight will breed casuals coming in to stream for free and cause issues.

Nah I use Reddit enough to know it can’t be trusted for huge fights. When it’s a fight I wanna see this bad I don’t mess around. This fight will breed casuals coming in to stream for free and cause issues.

I’ve had no issues in the past buying the PPV on the UFC website/app for UFC fights... you should be good

I was able to stream the may-mac fight from one of their links and the quality was good enough. Though I did have to switch to a new one about 10 mins in. So yea it can be a hassle to get a reliable stream.

Not losing a round in 26 bouts?

Conor lost a fight in the UFC to Diaz. Conor lost rounds to Mendes, Diaz, etc.

I'm not taking anything away from Conor. But in a FIVE ROUND FIGHT, Khabib has a style that suffocates and dominates an opponent. Conor is an amazing quick starter (whereas Bib starts slow). Conor also has great striking and amazing precision. But can't throw kicks due to takedowns. And Bib may or may not eat shots to take him down. The question marks for Conor are his gas tank, which we saw on display in the Diaz and Mayweather fights where the opponent simply waited until he tired and submitted/knocked him out. And Conor does not do well against grapplers. Mendes got stood up which is how Conor managed to knock him out. Same can happen to Bib. But man, that's a tall bet.
Breh you legit typed all that as if they are new facts

We all know the matchup, I’m simply saying “he’s never lost a round” goes out the window in this fight. It has no bearing

I think the conference today should be hype with the fans in attendance this time.

Sure Khabib is 26-0 but other than Barboza and RDA the other guys he's fought aren't anyone too notable. I mean Al wasn't even top 10 at the time. If Khabib doesn't let Conor get in his head and sticks to trying to take Conor down it could be a long night. However, Khabib does seem to be taking the fight personally and could try to prove a point by striking with Conor which would not end well for him.

Fiending for a new Embedded.....
Have you watched all the 229 material that's been coming in this week? It's crazy how up until this past Monday there was only the conference last week and a few other videos but it seems since then there has been an onslaught of interviews, previews, etc. I can't get enough lol.

Khabib could dominate the hell outta conor that wouldn’t be a crazy by any means. The only thing is conor could also knock him out cold, he doesn’t need to use his kicks.. so it is what it is

Anyway I had a feeling Conor would win before but watching him train in these embedded videos solidifies it more and more in my eyes.

I forgot how amazing his footwork is. It's so smooth and fluid. There was a moment in the 2nd installment where he did: Feint, Feint, Double switch, high kick. None of it had a real tell. It's kinda scary to watch honestly.

On another note; if the UFC put just 50% of the effort they do when Conor fights with the rest of the roster/cards they could really create buzz for the other fighters. The promo for this fight has legit been NON-STOP (drake voice). I'm hard pressed to remember a single other card this year promo'd anywhere near this much by them.

We got a different hour long show instead. 'Bad Blood' I believe. I think it replaced the usual Countdown for this card, no?

Yep its called Bad Blood. It only featured Conor and Khabib. I'd have liked to see them feature the co-main for at least 10-15 mins and see some of Tony's ridiculous workouts lol.

was flipping the channel last night and saw that Espn did a special for this fight. i swear i cant even tell you who is on the undercard of this PPV :lol: just not getting the "big fight" feel to this event

was flipping the channel last night and saw that Espn did a special for this fight. i swear i cant even tell you who is on the undercard of this PPV :lol: just not getting the "big fight" feel to this event
The undercard is very weak, before they announced the Pettis-Tony fight even the main card wasn't that strong outside of the main event. Looking back the 205 undercard was probably one of the best ever, you had Edgar/Stephens and Khabib/MJ

Brendan Schaub was on Rogan’s Podcast and said Josh Thompson told him Khabib is retiring after his fight

The undercard is very weak, before they announced the Pettis-Tony fight even the main card wasn't that strong outside of the main event. Looking back the 205 undercard was probably one of the best ever, you had Edgar/Stephens and Khabib/MJ
Undercard was ok until Sean pop'd positive.

Back
Top Bottom