The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Let's see if Schaub knows what he's talking about

“Khabib’s going to be suspended,” Schaub said. “I’m hearing a year to 18 months. We’ll see. Maybe [UFC President Dana White] can work his magic with the Nevada State Commission.”

I feel like Khabib suspended for a year, Conor vs Tony (or Nate I suppose) for the interim with winner fighting Khabib on return is Dana’s ideal scenario.

Last edited:
I feel like Khabib suspended for a year, Conor vs Tony (or Nate I suppose) for the interim with winner fighting Khabib on return is Dana’s ideal scenario.

I still think Dana has Conor and Tony fight for the belt, followed by Khabib fighting for it as soon as he can return.

Really all depends on what Conor wants to do, because Dana more than likely is going to let him run matchmaking for now

If Khabib gets a steep sentence, and can't fight until say 2020, I could see Conor choosing to take a different opponent. If Khabib can come back by next October, I could see Conor waiting for him

Conor won’t want to fight anybody other than Khabib. Another loss won’t help him build a case for a rematch and I don’t see him calling for an easy fight.

A lot of the top guys at 155 can beat Conor these days.

It’s just his usual IG hijinks. Khabib is under contract. WME is not letting Viacom get him.

Plus like the Diaz/Porier fight, Bellator would be hedging on Khabib becoming a star from last week’s events.

Khabib letting it be known Dana was in on everything

“I was offended that all the hype leading up to this fight focused on the idea that he attacked and I didn’t get off the bus,” he said in Russian. “It was a shame and I asked the Almighty for the fight to happen and the cage door to close with us in it so everyone could find out who is who. Who actually sits on the bus and who doesn’t.”

“All the other situations, it has been me with my team of about 20 people … But in the in the end I was told for media day I have to go alone, I was riding not with my team but with all the other red corner fighters on the card. So I had one man and my manager with me. When I think back there are so many questions I don’t have the answer to, did they do it all on purpose?” he asked. “In my personal opinion, I feel like the bus incident was organized with UFC’s help. I can’t accuse them, but I would give it 70% that they did it. I wanted to get off the bus and all the other fighters on the bus confirmed this in their interviews, and all the managers as well.”

“It all happened in a minute in a half, two minutes max,” Khabib continued. “He’s there with his cameras and his PR team with him shooting. An important point: the Barclays Center is a very big arena, a 20,000 person arena, but he knew where we were exactly. How could they have known? And how did they enter the arena with a gang of 20, 30 men? Come on.”

“Conor McGregor has nothing to do with this media event and has a gang with him but these jokers lead him and everyone to the elevator where our bus is?” Khabib shrugged disbelief. “I’m an athlete, but I’m also educated. My brain works pretty well for 15 years of fighting. I haven’t taken many shots to the head so I still have brains.”

PFL streaming now and also will be airing on NBC Sports at the same time

Bellator will be on Spike in 1.5 hours

Crawford vs Benevidez on ESPN also in 3 hours

Any interesting fights outside of the Fedor vs Chael freak show?

Is it on Dazn again?

Yo, wtf, PFL has dudes fighting twice tonight :rofl: had no idea this was the format :lol:

I was wondering why the fights streaming were only 2 rounds. Alright now the card starts on NBC Sports

Back
Top Bottom