The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Was hoping to see some fresh faces vs Nunes with Pena and Aldana. Nobody trynna see Holly's 16th title shot or Germaine get smoked a 3rd time :smh:

I know Holly's old *** ain't say she still green in MMA :lol:

That Moraes/Sandhagen promo got me hyped for it. Hoping Sandhagen pulls it off. 99% sure if Moraes wins theyre going to try to rob my man Aljo for his shot.

Dominant win from Holm.

Should have made the De Randamie v Pena fight the co-main event the heavyweight fight was boring af. De Randamie's submission win was impressive especially since submissions are not her forte.

Izzy's old kickboxing fights back in NZ and China were at LHW and Cruiserweight. So he was ranging from 200-225 during those times.

I don't blame Wonderboy for not wanting to fight Chimaev, it's all risk no reward bascially

“No, I’m not fighting him, man. I mean, it just doesn’t make sense for me at this point. I’m ranked No. 5 to fight a guy who is unranked? You know what I mean,” Thompson said (via TheBodyLockMMA).

“I fought a lot of guys to get to where I’m at. And a lot of other fighters fought a lot of guys to get where they’re at so I don’t see why it’s okay for him to jump past everybody.”

Didn’t he fight a few fights recently against lower ranked opponents? Can’t always play the UFC risk game.

Also, the two female BW fights from yesterday revealed how shallow that division is. With Valentina moving to 125, the division is divided into joebbers like Alana, mid tier like JDR, Holms and the elite, Amanda. She honestly should retire. There’s like no competition in Featherweight or bantamweight.

Coming off the card, they should make Holms/JDR2.

What was Luque ranked at the time? And Pettis wasn’t even a legit WW. Just a name.
Breh they were both ranked, luque is still #10 and that was wonderboys last fight

Pettis has always been ranked and always been a name

Chimaev is the riskiest fight to take at the moment

Not trying to argue. At the time of the fight, WB was ranked #9. Luque was #14.

And I agree with WB. Probably should be a top 15 opponent.

I feel like Dana is going to put the pressure onWW fighters to fight Chimaev.

Don't see anybody in the top 10 fighting him unless Dana throws them an absurd amount of money. Which means, it ain't happening.

Maybe they throw Santiago against him. I do remember him saying they would put him back at his rankings when he comes back. Would be a legit contender test for Khabig too.

Lol. That’s why combat sports ranking can be bs.

If he wins two more, he definitely deserves to be ranked in the top 10.
And you know the ranking are artificial. Same reason why McGregor is relevant despite not really fighting in the last three years.

Lol. That’s why combat sports ranking can be bs.

If he wins two more, he definitely deserves to be ranked in the top 10.
And you know the ranking are artificial. Same reason why McGregor is relevant despite not really fighting in the last three years.

The McGregor one is funny, his only win in the last 4 years at this point has been cowboy? Is cowboy even ranked anymore?

Funny enough, when they took Santiago out, it was Mcgregor who entered in at 15 for beating unranked Cowboy :lol::smh:

Cowboy was only ranked at LW, never at WW but their fight was at 170.

He should fight Leon Edwards but idk exactly what’s hindering it

He shouldn’t just fight anyone especially chimeav. I don’t think he’s in particular need of money anyway

**** Diaz Jorge lol. Why have Wonderboy sit out and have irrelevant Diaz get a fight

At least Wonderboy is campaigning to fight Leon and is actually a fight that makes sense

Jorge v Colby should be the other fight to make, it's literally a no brainer

Chimaev is going to get a solid opponent because it's going to be a headliner

Jorge vs Colby
I'm guessing Leon may be the fill in for Usman/Burns if they don't end up making Edwards/Wonderboy

I think Magny was the only dude who said he'll fight Chimaev. Maybe it ends up being him. Would rather see Geoff Neal or Luque vs Chimaev tho.

Last edited:
does anyone think that jorge vs colby is going to be any different from jorge vs usman?

if not, why do people want to see this fight?
It's a feud that also makes sense to move the division forward and a fight that Colby himself is asking for

The build up has the potential to be classic and since Jorge was making excuses about having short prep for Usman, a fight against Colby would be an opportunity to prove himself in that regard

As easy as it is to doubt Jorge I also want to see it actually play out and give him a chance to prove us wrong

does anyone think that jorge vs colby is going to be any different from jorge vs usman?

if not, why do people want to see this fight?

Colby is real good but he ain't Usman.

Not quite as big or strong.

Plus Jorge trained with Colby forever and he will have a full camp (super short notice with Usman)

I still favour Colby but i think Jorge could get a stop.

Jorge definitely has a better chance of beating Colby than Usman. Colby ain't as big as Usman, don't think he'd be able to dominate Masvidal in the clinch like that. Maavidal probably tear his liver up with them kicks if he stays leaving that **** open.

Back
Top Bottom