The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Askren is doing it for the money. He's never going to rabbit punch like that in the fight. I feel like since his name is tarnished from the Jorge fight that he should just make some more money while he can. COVID is doing no favors for a lot of retired fighters. It's surprising the company gave him a decent size check to even do this cause in an interview, this is his biggest payday to date.

This is true. Chances are it will look bad for mma in general but I can't blame Askren for feeding his family. I'm not mad at him at all

Why is Dana pushing Chandler so hard like he's not 34 years old with 5 losses and a recent knockout loss to the current Bellator champ? If Chandler gets that belt that's actually a bit of a bad look for the UFC I'd say. It's usually Bellator eating the UFCs leftovers, not the other way around.

I'm honestly not that excited to see Chandler fight anyone at 155. Maybe Gaethje just for the violence aspect.

Why is Dana pushing Chandler so hard like he's not 34 years old with 5 losses and a recent knockout loss to the current Bellator champ? If Chandler gets that belt that's actually a bit of a bad look for the UFC I'd say. It's usually Bellator eating the UFCs leftovers, not the other way around.

I'm honestly not that excited to see Chandler fight anyone at 155. Maybe Gaethje just for the violence aspect.
Chandler is white, maga, “handsome” etc. it’s 100% the reason

Schaub is talking on his pod mentioning he cornered Brian Ortega in his last fight before going into the ufc. Random but had no idea they were connected

Darieush was the main event on that night

I think if Dana is going to post another video targeting the media and the haters (including the Democrats) in 2021, he’s going to need Nate. This is the second year of the ESPN Era. They only want it to go up.

Dana needs Conor, Masvidal, Diaz ( and his older brother).

And I listened to Ariel’s interview with Askren and Jake. Ben is nuts. Coming off artificial hip surgery. Never been a boxer (like Aaron Pico). He’s going to get washed by this young man.

It’s actually crazy. Logan is going to job but probably get the bigger bag. While Jake is going to continue this freak show celeb nonsense. I can’t believe he challenged Dillion Danis.

Chandler is white, maga, “handsome” etc. it’s 100% the reason
I’m gonna respectfully disagree here, for less nefarious, speculative reasons...

The UFC spent alot of money to bring chandler over to the UFC, u gotta figure he was one of if not the highest earner over at bellator....so in DC’s words the ufc had to “back the brinks truck up” to bring chandler over.

thats a big investment. If they went through the trouble of bringing him over, they not just gonna shelf him.

In all the years and careers I have watched, in my opinion the UFC has shown the most bias towards international fighters who have potential to become a countries first champion. I see the UFC push that more than anything.

If doods articulate well and are good looking it’s a BONUS, but you gotta FIGHT GOOD before anything. Then we can talk marketability. I think the UFC waits for the cream to rise to the top and then they begin looking at ways to market/promote them based on what that fighter brings to the table, whatever it may be.

OR

like u said it could be SIMPLY because he’s “white, maga and handsome”......I would HOPE not and personally tend to lean more optimistically.

Regardless though, he came in and smoked #5 in like 30 seconds. Speaks for itself, I personally didn’t see that happening.

I really hope the Leon / Khamzat fight materializes. On paper Leon should beat him. What he did to Gunnar Nelson was impressive and even his debut against Usman he looked good. I'm always cautious when UFC push a fighter too hard (ie sage northcutt) but Khamzat has been over delivering so far. Looking at his wrestling pedigree he seems like the real thing.

I’m gonna respectfully disagree here, for less nefarious, speculative reasons...

The UFC spent alot of money to bring chandler over to the UFC, u gotta figure he was one of if not the highest earner over at bellator....so in DC’s words the ufc had to “back the brinks truck up” to bring chandler over.

thats a big investment. If they went through the trouble of bringing him over, they not just gonna shelf him.

In all the years and careers I have watched, in my opinion the UFC has shown the most bias towards international fighters who have potential to become a countries first champion. I see the UFC push that more than anything.

If doods articulate well and are good looking it’s a BONUS, but you gotta FIGHT GOOD before anything. Then we can talk marketability. I think the UFC waits for the cream to rise to the top and then they begin looking at ways to market/promote them based on what that fighter brings to the table, whatever it may be.

OR

like u said it could be SIMPLY because he’s “white, maga and handsome”......I would HOPE not and personally tend to lean more optimistically.

Regardless though, he came in and smoked #5 in like 30 seconds. Speaks for itself, I personally didn’t see that happening.
It’s really simple, why do you think they invested this much into chandler to begin with? He’s the perfect poster boy to draw in that white audience

#2 if oliveria were white and could speak English he would be scheduled to fight dustin immediately

Its simple

Ill go even simpler than that....

his contract was up and he was available for negotiations. LOL

Most wins in bellator history
Most submissions at LW
3X division champ
Top 10 LW in world rankings for 5+ years

bro the UFC would have signed him if he was GREEN. LOL

I mean if you want to see the white angle it’s there, people see what THEY want.

but if he never accomplished ANY of those things the UFC would have never looked his way...

Theres plenty of maga, white handsome dudes in MMA....not many with the accolades of michael chandler tho.

Ill go even simpler than that....

his contract was up and he was available for negotiations. LOL

Most wins in bellator history
Most submissions
3X division champ
Top 10 LW in world rankings for 5+ years

bro the UFC would have signed him if he was GREEN. LOL

I mean if you want to see the white angle it’s there, people see what THEY want.

but if he never accomplished ANY of those things the UFC would have never looked his way...

Theres plenty of maga, white handsome dudes in MMA....not many with the accolades of michael chandler tho.
Oh no doubt his accomplishments are a huge part of it. When you attach that to his look, the result is him being talked about as a possible title contender ahead of the better resume in oliveria

Again if oliveria were white and or could speak English, he’d be in

I wasn’t saying chandlers only reason for being pushed was being white or at least that’s not what I meant. There’s a concert of factors but what pushes him over the edge is his look and being white

I mean Jose Aldo never spoke a lick of english and was the heavily promoted UFC champion (#2 pfp)for YEARS MAN....Fig was getting a legit push to become champ at 125 with 0 english. The UFC THRIVED this year only having 1 white american champ in stipe. Everyone else international...again, you see what you want to see. I disagree with your white angle and thats ok, we can agree to disagree. 💯

I just don’t want us to overlook the fact chandler is LEGIT even if he is a maga white boy.

Surprised there’s no mention of Izzy moving up to LHW and fighting Blachowiz for the belt @ 259.
I’m sure this is on track for Izzy to fight Bones at some point, which would be one of the biggest fights in UFC history IMO.... I really hope that happens

Problem is Jon has also moved up now, and he's gaining weight for heavyweight, meaning him cutting back to 205 is likely out of the question. Partially because the weight and I'd guess partially out of spite too, Jones won't drop down to fight Izzy he's gonna want him to come up. And fighting at heavyweight absolutely benefits Jones way more than Izzy because the added weight and strength is gonna make Jones' wrestling even more of a problem.

I'm starting to be iffy on whether that fight actually comes together. The only way is if Israel says **** it and dares to be great going up to heavyweight. Still gotta get past Yan first though.

I don’t think it would be that hard for jon to cut back to 205, he didn’t cut any weight while he was there anyway....so essentially a fight this year at 205 would be a “normal” cut of 15-20 pounds, mostly water.

Jon all about his LEGACY, the fight makes too much sense for it not to happen if stylebender can get past yan. LITERALLY TOO MUCH:

undefeated vs undefeated
PFP #1 vs #2
205 belt on the line
Old lion vs young lion
Personal beef
Potential top 3 PPV buys
Potential large gate with fans back

Heavyweight isn’t as clear at the moment. If stipe wins again, he’s likely gonna want another break and at 38 how motivated will he be to fight Jon Jones right after Francisco and DC.

If francis win they could potentially run it back for a trilogy. Either way Jon is going to be on the sidelines for a while unless he take a warm up fight at HW. And thats a big risk.

Last edited:

I just can’t see him cutting after putting on 20+ pounds of muscle.

I’ll say I don’t know why he would do that when Stipe is pretty light these days. He probably didn’t cut any weight for DC3.

Back
Top Bottom