The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Look, he only landed a sensational head kick KO on the #1 P4P fighter on the planet, in the final minute of a fight that he was losing on every scorecard.

I really don't see a reason for Leon to be celebrating @ all.
I think he shoule be happy, celebrating his victory and such. I just had a problem after watching Leon for mamy fight and in this one he turns heel and showboat, Connor walk and trash talk .... but I over reacted, so many emotions that he let them all out at once .... he knew he just KOed an opponent that was about to win by decision ....

People talk about Usman not dominating but he was and he shouldn't have been separated during the last round. But Leon took advantage and pulled it off.

Sterling in the otherhand was really iust holding on for dear life and pull a Im goinng to hold you down victory over Yan.

I want to admit I didn’t watch the card.

But I did watch Leon’s post interview with Joe. The convo with his mother walking back. The convo with DC saying they counted him out. The dancing with the pizza slice.

With his history the last few years. The fact he lost to Usman before and all the hysteria and hype towards the P4P king, why wouldn’t Leon celebrate?

I didn’t see anything wrong with what he did.

I hope they open up Buckingham Palace for the dude.

I doubt his rein will be long but beautiful story.

I'm fine with Leon celebrating like he did after the fight. After watching the fight last night I definitely thought the fight was over after the 4th round and that Usman would cruise to victory moments before the head kick in the 5th. Usman was on his way to a 4 rds to 1 decision, I don't really agree with Herb's decision to break them up in the 5th but he did warn Usman to keep working a few times.

They definitely should run this one back in London either end of the year or early 23'. I'd favor Usman to reclaim the belt but maybe he goes for the finish more aggressively next time out. If Khamzhat makes light work of Nate he'll likely have to wait for his shot. Speaking of 279 glad they at least added Ferguson-Leech as that card is really lacking on paper outside the main event.

I'm also hoping Aldo isn't done but wouldn't blame him if he did decide to retire as he's likely not getting another titelshot with his most recent loss. Merab was a terrible matchup for him stylistically and I'd really have rather seen him fight someone like Cory or been given the shot instead of this last fight. Him against Cruz would be a good fight at this stage of their careers.

Aldo looked great that 1st round. He can beat anyone in the top 5 not named Petyr Yan imo. If his corner didn't tell him he was up after the 2nd, maybe he would've gave more of an effort in the 3rd and won the fight.

Aldo looked great that 1st round. He can beat anyone in the top 5 not named Petyr Yan imo. If his corner didn't tell him he was up after the 2nd, maybe he would've gave more of an effort in the 3rd and won the fight.

Yeah, I don't like how his corner does that to him regularly. They gotta be more like how Leon's corner was to him, giving him straight facts and not sugar coding it.

I just looked up the card and lord that is terrible. It would be hilarious if Diaz wins somehow (I think he has no chance) and was the 1st to beat Conor and Khamzat. Dana would be so pissed

I just looked up the card and lord that is terrible. It would be hilarious if Diaz wins somehow (I think he has no chance) and was the 1st to beat Conor and Khamzat. Dana would be so pissed
Dawg Dana really hating on Nate big time

So I’m assuming chimaev doesn’t get ppv points because the reason they’re making the card horrible is so that Diaz doesn’t get as much money from his ppv points
I got more questions about Merab being a future champ after last night.
Same. Unless all of the contenders succumb to the blanket tactics then merab is really kind of one dimensional

His one dimension isn’t actually as special as I thought it was either

I think the Marlon win had me thinking his stand up offense was improving but idk

I have a feeling he could smother sugar but other than that I’m not comfortable favoring him over the other contenders

Same. Unless all of the contenders succumb to the blanket tactics then merab is really kind of one dimensional

His one dimension isn’t actually as special as I thought it was either

I think the Marlon win had me thinking his stand up offense was improving but idk

I have a feeling he could smother sugar but other than that I’m not comfortable favoring him over the other contenders
He's also waaay too hittable. Had a hard time getting off of Aldos jab. His motor and durability alone took him to the top 5/6 but wont be enough for title contention.

His best shot of being champ is honestly at 125, if he can make it safely.

Merab definitely has trouble against the other top BW's IMO, I'd like to see them match him up with Chito since Yan is already booked.

The disrespect for 125.
:lol:

125 doesnt have a Petyr Yan. If i can't see you beat Yan, I can't consider you a future champ.

Costa made $35,000 to fight Vettori....?
That's after the banger with Romero and title fight with Izzy too. Paolo is such a character I can see him just trolling about his pay, but if it's true Dana is worse than we thought
Probably not too far off. The fighters get paid more when they challenge for a title. But if they lose they end up going back to their normal contract pay right after.

From his Yoel fight Cali commission showed he made 60/60. Add in the weight miss purse deduction against Vettori and he's probably at about 40-45.

:lol:

125 doesnt have a Petyr Yan. If i can't see you beat Yan, I can't consider you a future champ.
I still got respect for Brandon Moreno and Figgy.

Yan legit. Also Merab doesn’t “deserve” a title shot after a lackluster performance. Chito probably deserves it after his spectacular knock out of Cruz.

Back
Top Bottom