The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Ariel saying 8-10 managers do not know what the glove announcement will be

But gets the hint that the overall glove will be different

They really doing the presser with all fighters from main, prelims and early prelims?!? Should have broken it up into 2 groups at least. Gonna be some guys and gals that don't get asked a single question.

The cynic in me has a feeling Dana planted that 300K bonus question so he could say yes and could have also planted fans to start a "DANA DANA DANA" chant. He really is in his "praise me" era I wouldn't put it past him

Dana said they’re gonna have an Africa event this year… hmm

People hated Arman tonight lol

Every fighter got asked a question except maybe Bo’s opponent? I don’t remember him speaking

Jamhal hill seems like he has anger issues bruv was pissed off just to be pissed off

Kayla Harrison is so cringe

Dana said they’re gonna have an Africa event this year… hmm

People hated Arman tonight lol

Every fighter got asked a question except maybe Bo’s opponent? I don’t remember him speaking

Jamhal hill seems like he has anger issues bruv was pissed off just to be pissed off

Kayla Harrison is so cringe

I def don’t think we get Africa or Spain this year and will be shocked if we do

I actually always wonder that from a while ago

I think it’s because Ariel was always with espn and now with mmafighting, bt sport and tnt sports

Dana isn’t even powerful enough to cut those outlets off because the ufc knows that’d be a blow to their ratings and money

My best theory
MMAfighting/Vox isn’t a powerful outlet that Dana wouldn’t Dana. During the ESPN era, Dana was treating Ariel like ish. Brett Okamoto had to be the one to break MMA news. And Ariel had all kinds of issues when he attended UFC events. He doesn’t admit it but it’s probably why he doesn’t go anymore since the pandemic. Ariel is no longer with TNT/BT sports.

Ariel’s platform and influence has grown. But he’s always going to have his detractors like Joaquim Buckley.
Nick Khan used to be Ariels agent so they have a great relationship. Doubt Dana can influence anything for his WWE stuff.
This. I think Ariel’s relationship with Nick Khan is the major reason he wasn’t a victim of Vince’s wrath. I also think he’s turned into an asset for HHH.

But it was talked about in the wrestling thread. This journalist lost his WM press credentials because he interviewed the lawyer of the female in that Vince McMahon lawsuit. So these folks are just as petty as Dana. Ariel has beef with Tony Khan so his coverage is mainly WWE.
Jesus Christ, Ariel’s show is no better than yesterdays smhhhhh

They wanna talk about everything but the fights

God awful
Vince was going through it. You were starved for content. Co-Main Event Podcast. Heck of a Morning. BTL. Luke Thomas Chat. Bloody Elbow family of podcast. MMA Junkie family of podcasts. SevereMMA. HammerMMA. Heavy Hands. MMazing. Believe you me. The Usman and Cejudo podcast. We’re definitely not starved for content anymore.
So maybe time to stop watching/listening to Ariel's show?? I've moved on mostly to MMA Fighting pods like their post/pre fight shows, Fighter vs Writer and also Morning Kombat. Still will listen to On the Noise from time to time but as you've said they get off topic so much as of late and I get the last Wrestlemania was a big deal but yea...
This. I’m not going to pretend I don’t ever listen to his shows. Or that I wasn’t a religious listener prior to the ESPN run.

But the DARTs, wrestling talk (when there’s already outlets for that) and him being in league with Hern and the Saudis. It can just be too much sometimes. The easiest fix is to call it the combat Sports show with Ariel Helwani (lord knows it’s not an hour long).

I have an old car and listen using a USB stick so those swath of programming with this stuff is boring and uninteresting. I still think he’s probably the best interviewer in MMA and there’s still some inside baseball no one else is divulging.

But as far as enjoyable. MK and the MMAfighting pre and post fight shows are the most entertaining. I also don’t mind Ariel with Chuck and PT. It removes NYRick, Weird Frank and the gambler dude.

For 300 there could never be enough content
Do we need an online intervention sponsored by Draft Kings?

Going to be a great card. Since I ain’t watching it I’ll be looking for your comments and the rest of the fam. A few have been quiet like Davey and our friend who attends all the cards from the box suites!!

Back
Top Bottom