The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

If he doesn't retire, I'm still intrigued at the thought of the return of 3 round Josie. Everyone saying he's washed, I'm still giving him a chance to come back

Skill and technical wise, he's looked as great as he's ever looked. But his chin and cardio is starting to go. No one beats father time.......except Vitor in Brasil

Crazy thing is, KOse Aldo is only 30

He's got some mileage on him, nothing would surprise me though. Whether he retired or stayed in and moved camps like his coach has been asking him to do.. or if he stayed and moved to 155.. would be sad to see him go I'd like to see him give the sport one more go round

Skill and technical wise, he's looked as great as he's ever looked. But his chin and cardio is starting to go. No one beats father time.......except Vitor in Brasil
his cardio looked no worse than it has in the past, he's always slowed down as the fight wen on

as for his chin, things happen when your hands are down, he thought he could slip em all but he coudnt, just great timing on max's part

Aldo usually slows down by the championship rounds. He was gassed by the end of the second. He knew he was ****** when the third round bell came

Josie was touching max as well, probably got the wrong impression that he was breaking max, and got too careless

Max is one durable mfer

Get the UFC to Hawaii brahs

Last edited:
Josie was touching max as well, probably got the wrong impression that he was breaking max, and got too careless

Max is one durable mfer

Get the UFC to Hawaii brahs

They never had an event in Hawaii right? That's crazy. Would be an awesome location.

Missed the fights last night..I see Waldo got washed by Max Blessed Halloway. Probably too busy thinking about how weak Conors punches were and looked over Max

So, Paulo Borrachinha. Dude seems pretty damn scary. 10-0, 9 TKOs

All his fights have been in Brazil and he looks ridiculously ripped/massive... hmmmm

Is there anyway he's clean 
laugh.gif

Dude is chiseled. The ufc employee in the blue polo looking like she's mirin' him.

Last edited:
I don't know what Aldo was thinking not throwing a single leg kick the entire fight. They rattled off some insane stat about all the leg kicks Max ate in his last few fights and Aldo didn't throw ONE.

Let Max just continue to walk him down and eventually couldn't keep up. Because he didn't do anything to really slow him down.

Props to Max though. Good to see one of the young guns turn the corner (Cody the only other one I can think of) while the rest have been getting knocked off.

Cub was swinging hard for the next shot at Max. That Artem fight was a waste. Wonder if he could jump in against Lamas and maybe Frankie gets Max next. Edgar one of the few guys at 145 that Max hasn't fought.

Easy win for Claudia. I don't know what they do next for her.

Thought Nate beat Vitor.

Thought Marlon beat Assuncao. The 30-27 score was an abomination. Saw this on twitter. Wasn't some of the judging sketch last time they did a fight in Brazil?

View media item 2455210

Another reason aldo got tired was due to the pressure max put on him. He's used to countering ppl effortlessly when they attack but he was having a hard time after rd 1 finding Max's chin.

Max defense is pretty solid, he has good movement and avoidance. He just kept attacking while aldo was trying to find the counters and it wore him out

And aldo hasn't been the Muay Thai machine he was years back so I didn't expect many leg kicks. In like his last 4-5 fights he threw maybe 5 or 6 total. He fell in love w his boxing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom