The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Bro, me and my pops were just talking about that. Dude didn't give AF at all :rofl:

Just saying wtvr was easiest to semi get the point across lol

Both Sergio and Moreno would get eaten up by DJ.

Gotta feed the beast. His division has been shallow. He doesn't seem like he's going to pursue a match with Cruz, Garbrandt or Dillashaw.

Also I listened to Frank Amir's comments on the MMA Hour. He doesn't think Jones can hang with Stipe or Overreem.

Honestly, I only want to see the Cain and Brock matchups.

Jones pretty much said himself that calling out Brock was based on style.

He's picking out the best style match up for him that also nets him the most $$$. Brock is perfect for both.

The other 2, not so much.

there's not that many "superfights" for jones that would move the needle
brock is the biggest in terms of $

Welp, we're about a month away from the next UFC card and it looks like a God awful lineup

The next few Bellator cards are rather poor as well

MMA drought about to be in full effect

Need some crazy news or a fight made out of left field

coke jones would be better off showing up at summerslam and trying to get into the fatal fourway main event for the universal title.

if jon jones shows up at summerslam...LOL
then again, it is in NY, isn't he from there?

wouldn't be surprised now that WME is running things. they'd probably pushing for it

Did the powers that be forget they had a LW division?

Outside of Gaethje and Alvarez doing TUF, **** is going on?

Did the powers that be forget they had a LW division?

Outside of Gaethje and Alvarez doing TUF, **** is going on?
There are rumors of Pettis vs Poirier being setup for 216 or 217. We have to wait until end of the year for TUF to finish and then see Alvarez/Gaetje. And god knows when Ferguson and Khabib will fight again. There have been rumors of Conor wanting to fight Khabib when he returns but i'm not holding my breath for him actually attempting a defense. Another logical matchup would be Lee/Barboza which could be a fun fight. Here's to hoping we get some of these matchups before end of this year.

Ramadan been done.

I didn't expect Khabib to fight the following weekend but SOMETHING should have been announced already. No?

If they aren't going to make tony vs khabib then throw a million at tony and a million at nate and be done with it

Interim title

Khabib gets penalized for missing weight and his next fight can be against another contender

Once Gaethje knocks out Glass Jaw Eddie, they're going to match him up with McGoat. He's tailor made for Conor's return.

Once Gaethje knocks out Glass Jaw Eddie, they're going to match him up with McGoat. He's tailor made for Conor's return.

Conor would have him out of there 1st round imo.

MJ had him hurt bad several times and he doesnt hit like Conor.

I don't think it's a given that he beats Eddie either.

Gaejthe would have to increase his name brand rapidly to score a fight with Conor

Khabib at least has Russia. Tony has slowly been building his name at least, especially with getting the Interim title shot and all the hoopla that occurred there after

I enjoy Gaejthe's style but Eddie could very well put his lights out. Bellator Eddie is still lurking when he just goes out there and brawls

I said right after he beat Alvarez that he should immediately challenge for 170. Because why not.

Potential 3 belt holder and another one of his "if he loses, well he wasn't really supposed to win and he's still a champ" scenarios.

And even though he had since been stripped of the 145 belt, the allure is still there IMO.

Crazy that it will soon be 1 full year later, and it will still apply :lol:

Looks like Cody/TJ has been booked for the MSG card. 3 title main card :pimp:

This makes me think that Max/Frankie will be the main event on the October PPV.

Looks like Cody/TJ has been booked for the MSG card. 3 title main card :pimp:

This makes me think that Max/Frankie will be the main event on the October PPV.
Agreed, the Max/Edgar fight makes perfect sense for 216. Also is Stipe still trying to renegotiate his contract? I'm a fan of the guy but could see why he's not a huge draw to the casual fans.

Agreed, the Max/Edgar fight makes perfect sense for 216. Also is Stipe still trying to renegotiate his contract? I'm a fan of the guy but could see why he's not a huge draw to the casual fans.

I kinda wanted Frankie on the MSG card, because he's from the area, but him and Max can easily headline that 216 card.

Stipe looks like he is still trying to renegotiate his contract, but if they could put Stipe/Cain & Cyborg/Holly on the December PPV, that should be pretty strong card numbers wise.

Back
Top Bottom