The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Tap to strikes... welp

Luke impressed me with his chin

On his backfoot he looks vulnerable

His trash talk is on another level of terrible

How he talking about gsp getting embarrassed but he's the one who got put to sleep by bisping. It'd be nice to see Whittaker put him to sleep too. When branch had him against the cage and was landing shots it reminded me when bisping did the same thing.

Mike Perry's douchery is almost cartoonish :lol:

Usman and him might be a good match up but they're both looking higher up the food chain.

And people forget that Rockhold is one of the most dominant grapplers at 185. Commentary team talmbout Branch is cool in the clinch :smh: He's strong as **** and if he takes you down you have real problems. Weidman, Machida and now Branch. Complete maulings.

Rockhold's mount on Weidman is one of the most impressive things I've seen in MMA.

Barring injuries I'm assuming Luke will have to take one more fight before getting a title shot. Seems like the only option is Weidman although I hope and wish they could somehow coax Whittaker into matching up with Luke. It wouldn't make sense for Whittaker being the Interim champ but idk

I am loving the slow shift to fighting at your more natural weight class:

“This weight won’t happen forever,” Rockhold said on Fox Sports 1. “Maybe ‘DC’ will retire or go up and take on the next division.”

“I’d love to [move up]. Trust me, I’m getting a little tired of these weight cuts,” Rockhold said. “I feel much better at 205, and I feel like I can do very well in there. I’ve got some business here [at 185 pounds].”

“I have no injuries,” Rockhold said. “I’m ready for November.”

“[I want] a contender fight,” he said. “We’ll see. I’m not going anywhere until DC moves up or moves out. I have business here [at 185 pounds] first.”

perry is the definition of a douche. I knew he'd call out lawler. He wants someone to brawl with.

Are there any fighters or wrestlers who are experiencing health problems now from big weight cutting? Seems like years of it would mess you up.

Last edited:
The debate for adding more weight classes is an intricate one

I've tended to be on the side that resisted this because:

A. I feel there would be rampant division jumping and you would kind of lose touch of pecking order
B. I feel there would be champs chasing other divisions just to say "multi division champ" causing even less title defenses and therefore logjamming
C. Overall you would get less of a sense of "who's the best" i.e. a fighter who could never quite get the belt at one division suddenly becomes champ in a new division

However with the direction the UFC has been going in, being champion really doesn't mean what it used to. Also these last minute cancellations are probably related to weight cutting and I've been a proponent of fighting at your more natural weight

So I may be changing course on the more divisions just because of the culture the UFC is establishing in "money fights" and not caring about rankings to get a title shot

With more divisions we would get more of an opportunity to see matchups we never would have thought possible. We would also get guys feeling better during their camps and feeling better in the cage

Looks like Jacare's manager is wanting Weidman

Ronaldo Souza, who lost to future interim champion Robert Whittaker in April, is expected to return to training in October after undergoing surgery for a pectoral rupture a couple of weeks after the defeat, and his manager Gilberto Faria welcomes the idea of facing the "All-American" next.

"I believe that Weidman might be the next fight, in late-December or early-January, if that’s a good date for the UFC to book this fight,” Faria told MMA Fighting. “When we get closer to that date, we’ll see more clearly what the options are for Jacare’s next opponent."

I'm in favor of more weight classes because that would lead to guys fighting at their natural weight.

No more dehydrating / depleting your body the week of the fight

There'd be less fight cancellations / fall outs due to weight cut

I'm in favor of more weight classes because that would lead to guys fighting at their natural weight.

No more dehydrating / depleting your body the week of the fight

There'd be less fight cancellations / fall outs due to weight cut

nah, there's always going to be people dropping down trying to gain advantages

i was shaking my head at gil and jeremy fighting at 145. neither one of these guys is in contention in either division. they may as well have fought at 155

Luke just said gsp as he knows everyone's tired of him wanting revenge against Bisping lol. The division is in a log jam likely until next year when Whittaker fights the champ. Though I have a feeling something strange will come about no matter who wins at msg this year.

Back
Top Bottom